DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Ghostrider1982
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    If i had to guess about 25pct of the player base is going to use this exploit, no way they ban 25pct of the player base lol....which is why more and more people will start using it.....and because they can't do anything with TB while it's running it will only get worse until either they kill it or it finishes.
  • So, yesterday's warning was meaningless? As are the ToS?
  • It's spreading like wildfire...the warning just had people figuring out what the exploit is and now it's being used more and more....2 more phases to go it's going to continue.
  • Wolfkid wrote: »
    Are we going to keep beta testing this game for?

Yes. Every day we play...
  • If it deploying multiple times t heb I onluly
    Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    I think CG should own their buggy programming and not threaten players who unknowingly trigger the bug. Bugs are EA/CG responsibility they should be ironed out before deploying an update . Paying players are NOT beta testers and should not be treated as such.

CG’s QA department is non existent. This should be clear from all the bugs that are in EVERy single new update they push out. Either fire everyone from QA and own it and fix the bugs OR give people their money back for paying and playing your game. Threatening players is NOT the way to go.

I triggered the bug unknowingly, I first thought my guild leader had somehow blocked some players from contributing to platoons. I asked in chat and was told this was not the case. So I tried repeatedly. Today I found out I was number 1 in my guild (I am usually 7th). This is NOT my problem, CG can not blame me for their developer’s mistakes. Fire the developers if they cannot do what they are paid to do.

• Oh. Well, if I saw something in the code which was a bug, but I could cheat in a way that was not a normal part of the game, I wouldn't use it because the ToS clearly state to play by the rules. Now, EA and CG should proof their code, yes, but we gamers have a responsibility to not cheat. To any guilds and players who used this cheat, shame on you. If they ban your account, you deserve it. If all the do is strip you of the stars, you get off light. No cheating, not at any time. Play fair or don't play
  • I do hope they take significant action re player exploits. A **** shame fur sure. Just goes to show how many would commit a crime if they think nobody knows
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Then every player every guild that used the exploit needs to be banned by IP and disbanded. There needs to be consequences, whether they come from CG or the players response to inaction.
  • Inaction by CG should evoke player response, likewise CG should ban by IP the players who cheated and disband the guilds associated with those players. DSTB should also be immediately discontinued so no payout occurs.
  • When will the devs admit their fault and do something about rewards for the entire playerbase that participated in this blunder?
  • Tomorrow when they come into work probably around 10AM PST when we will see a dev response...
  • Every player who participated in DSTB should be given max rewards as a Sorry for the bug and DSTB ended now. Anyone that continues to use the exploit needs to be banned by IP. This exploit is a little more damaging to all players than simply seeing Old IronForge in Vanilla WOW.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    I don’t really care it’s Thanksgiving! This is a multi million dollars business. Get your yourselves into the office and sort this mess out!
    Nobody cares that it's thanksgiving apart from the people who run this game! We all deserve a response about the punishment that is going to be handed out for there completely unprepared content.

Really??? My god. Get over yourselves.

Why do they always launch new game modes on a holiday?! they did the same thing with LS TB if i remember rightly

I'm not saying this isnt a mess or that some better planning should have been done in regards to a holiday but because an exec wants the game mode pushed ppl should have to work over the holiday? Be a human.....

No, in any other business this level of constant incompetence would come with consequences. With this game, people keep wanting to give the devs a pass. It's time they are held accountable regardless if it's a holiday or not. Lots of people have to work on the holidays, it's not unheard of.
  • Moechenche
    65 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Maybe if ds tb wasn't so bad and platoons actually had farmable toons. People might not try to find exploits
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Add that ipd text for the bonus mission is still saying rolo shards.

You must be joking.
    Empire Relic
  • So how about that Castlevania on Netflix? Little disappointed like with this DSTB it was not fully developed.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I know leaders of some of the top guilds in the rankings (normally would not be there) are happily abusing the exploit claiming they will keep doing it and that EA won't do anything...
  • I think everything will be ok and work itself out. We have to get through this TB before they can fix anything, let alone diagnose the issues.

We’ve been through this at least a dozen times with various aspects of this game. Let’s see what happens.
  • Sort the leaderboard by TB stars. If guild GP isn't reflected in stars earned, what's the point?

You must be joking.

I wish I was
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Especially since the average player does not come here to read anything so unless the guild talks about it in game chat, not everyone knows and will likely get rolled up by the game police
  • This should have been beta run before the release, then no need to threaten banishment for a bug that EA didn't catch
  • This should have been beta run before the release, then no need to threaten banishment for a bug that EA didn't catch

This is the beta run lol
  • Top guild with 28 stars has 80m GP

THIS
  • I think everything will be ok and work itself out. We have to get through this TB before they can fix anything, let alone diagnose the issues.

We’ve been through this at least a dozen times with various aspects of this game. Let’s see what happens.

But I don't recall them threatening the playerbase for benefiting from a glitch.

Most recently, did they "investigate and punish" players who exploited the scariff pathfinder revive glitch in HAAT? ( a known glitch that gave extra rewards if used)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • They just merged 7 threads into this one
  • This is great!!! Gonna sit here and eat my popcorn.
  • Of course they did because now it's just an ISSUE lol
    pac0naut wrote: »

You must be joking.

I wish I was

No, this is just astounding and proves more that it was NEVER tested or quality controlled

96e0l9zr2d001.jpg

*** So be it... Jedi ***