DSTB issue and response

Replies

• I think everything will be ok and work itself out. We have to get through this TB before they can fix anything, let alone diagnose the issues.

We’ve been through this at least a dozen times with various aspects of this game. Let’s see what happens.

But I don't recall them threatening the playerbase for benefiting from a glitch.

Most recently, did they "investigate and punish" players who exploited the scariff pathfinder revive glitch in HAAT? ( a known glitch that gave extra rewards if used)

I know, I know @FierceRevan . Trust me, I’m just as irritated but I’m just trying to keep a cool head. Believe me, my tone will change if there’s any action taken but for right now, I’m personally trying not to knee **** until I have to “knee a ****”.

Let’s see what happens. Hoping they make things right.

• @Carth_Onassi1973

This game became much more fun for me when I quit spending. When I was spending a lot of money, these type of things would infuriate me. Now, I comment on them, but that's all the thought I give it. Stress free.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Why would any player ever be punished for this? Gamers since the beginning of time have taken advantage of glitches, kinks, quirks, etc to beat the games they play. That's what gamers do. If the glitch shouldn't be there then fix the glitch. And don't think a warning on this forum constitutes knowing better... I'd imagine less than 1% of active players actually look at these forums.
  • Apparently the use of any exploit is against the TOS, even resulting from a design error.
    Yes. That's why it's called an exploit.

Buy a dictionary.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rather than issue warnings and have to babysit guilds to see who is playing legitimately or exploiting bugs, I suggest the developers end TB now and issue equal TB credits to all actively participating guilds. It’s the only fair and equitable solution.

Granted, people will complain but seems far fairer than banning, accusing or potentially rewarding bad behavior. Granted bugs happen. It’d probably be better to end this mess and fix the bugs and perhaps even the difficulty.

This.

Reset the entire game to 11/23 and give many full pieces of needed gear as a 'big sorry' message.
    No one is happy, half the people are ****.
  • Inaction by CG should evoke player response, likewise CG should ban by IP the players who cheated and disband the guilds associated with those players. DSTB should also be immediately discontinued so no payout occurs.

@ChickenFett139 This made me laugh a little.

Ban all guild(S) ASSOCIATED with any players who did this so a 30 guild alliance one guy does this u ban all 30 guilds? That's your input?

Also What kind of player response would be evoked is CG does nothing at all. where were u going with this?

U mad bro?
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    Exploit:

"a notable or heroic act"

-Merriam Webster Dictionary

"To use something in a way that helps you"

-Cambridge English Dictionary

"something unusual, brave, or funny that someone has done"

-Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary

"Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)"

-Oxford English Dictionary
    Good job cherry-picking your definitions. Great job making child exploitation "something unusual, brave, or funny that someone has done."

Exploit ≠ Exploitation.

"Exploit" first used in 15th century
    "Exploitation" first used in 1795

Very different words

I didn't write the dictionary entries nor cherry pick.

Buy a dictionary.

Did I buy the wrong dictionary? What dictionary do you use?
  • Rebelscumalwayscry
    39 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Its feel like someone is trying to do final milking for xmas bonuses, if company like this dont have proper betatesters i dont know anymore..

You can always exept mirror bugs in somethibk new but this is way too much, beside they duck up same like in ls version
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Anyway i would like to finish this madness and test out my squads .. Its good for testing if nothink more, when they turner gw in kitten garden
  • You need to scroll down on the definition is what he meant by cherry picking the first part which is talking about it as a noun. As a transitive verb is means:

- to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage

Comes from Merriam-Webster also...
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Exploit:

"a notable or heroic act"

-Merriam Webster Dictionary

"To use something in a way that helps you"

-Cambridge English Dictionary

"something unusual, brave, or funny that someone has done"

-Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary

"Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)"

-Oxford English Dictionary
    Good job cherry-picking your definitions. Great job making child exploitation "something unusual, brave, or funny that someone has done."

Exploit ≠ Exploitation.

"Exploit" first used in 15th century
    "Exploitation" first used in 1795

Very different words

I didn't write the dictionary entries nor cherry pick.

Buy a dictionary.

Did I buy the wrong dictionary? What dictionary do you use?

like many words in the english language "exploit" has more than one meaning

2.5second if that google search................. i have bolded and underlines the relevant meaning in this case

exploit
    verb
    ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛkˈsplɔɪt/Submit
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on; More
    make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
    "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"

noun
    ˈɛksplɔɪt/Submit
    a bold or daring feat.
    "despite a series of colourful exploits, his agents obtained little intelligence of value"
    synonyms: feat, deed, act, adventure, stunt, escapade, manoeuvre, enterprise, undertaking, move; More
    a software tool designed to take advantage of a flaw in a computer system, typically for malicious purposes such as installing malware.
    "if someone you don't know tweets you a link, it's either spam, an exploit, or probably both"
  • Just ban all players who participated in Darkside Territory Battles

And anyone who ever used airplane mode as an exploitation.

Anyone who exploited the Boba Fett: : “Dead or Alive” Turn Meter Gain from Thermal Detonator explosion being resisted

Hoth Rebel Scout: Fixed an issue with "Hope of the Alliance" where the Turn Meter gained from defeating an enemy Being resisted

Kanan Jarrus: ZETA upgrade of “Total Defense” will not granting Turn Meter to ally who loses Foresight.

Nightsister Acolyte: "Sacrifical Magicks" not dispelling all debuffs on herself

Old Daka: "Serve Again" triggering after Old Daka is defeated

Old Kylo glitch in Haat

Scariff revive glitch in arena or raid

Or any other bug players wrongfully gained exploits from.

Ban them all!
    "Game errors should never go in players favor"

-CG

P.s. happy thanksgiving !
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    Oh. Well, if I saw something in the code which was a bug, but I could cheat in a way that was not a normal part of the game, I wouldn't use it because the ToS clearly state to play by the rules. Now, EA and CG should proof their code, yes, but we gamers have a responsibility to not cheat. To any guilds and players who used this cheat, shame on you. If they ban your account, you deserve it. If all the do is strip you of the stars, you get off light. No cheating, not at any time. Play fair or don't play

The whole issue here is you can't control it. Many have and will use the exploit unknowingly and there isn't much you can do as a player to prevent it. Platoon filling is a mass free for all.
  • Oh lawd. Are we really being this petty? Who cares what the dictionary says about the word. The content is broken and needs to be fixed. Point blank period.

Pull the plug on ds tb.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Oh lawd. Are we really being this petty? Who cares what the dictionary says about the word. The content is broken and needs to be fixed. Point blank period.

Pull the plug on ds tb.

I was just going to say this same sentiment.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @NicWester

See that 1. And 2. Next to the definitions? Those aren't just random. They mean something.

See how you put bold on 1 of the definitions instead of posting all three definition entries? That is cherry picking, not taking the first definition .

See how you told someone to buy a dictionary, and then used google as your dictionary?

Google is so passé . DuckDuckGo is the thing now.

If you base your linguistic etymologies on google, well I would tell someone to "buy a dictionary"

Contextualization in the TOS means exploit as a negative connotation, sure, but doesn't mean that I can't enjoy posting the definition of exploit when someone snidely posts "buy a dictionary" to condescend

• JDIII wrote: »
    Think of the players that don’t even come to this forum, they don’t even know what’s going on.
    Or the ones that don't speak English , or have access to TOS
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The moment when you walk in Monday to a 100+ page post complaining about all the bugs in your new content, and its on your forums and not reddit..

35psfe.jpg
    Oh lawd. Are we really being this petty? Who cares what the dictionary says about the word. The content is broken and needs to be fixed. Point blank period.

Pull the plug on ds tb.

PTPO DS TB

Pull the plug on ds tb.

PTPO DS TB

Dew it

Oh lawd. Are we really being this petty? Who cares what the dictionary says about the word.
    When someone knows they're wrong but doesn't want to admit it, they retreat to semantics because if they can't be right about an argument, they can at least be right about the definition of a word. It's a great way to keep ranting without having to actually engage the other person's point.

Pull the plug on ds tb.

PTPO DS TB

PTPO DS TB ASAP
    Think of the players that don’t even come to this forum, they don’t even know what’s going on.
    Or the ones that don't speak English , or have access to TOS
    They are. Look, if someone doesn't know what's going on, then odds are if they're experiencing this bug at all they're not abusing--they might hit the button a dozen times, baffled about why nothing's happening, then go look at something else, come back later, get those folks in the platoon on the next press of the button. Nothing's going to happen to those folks.

If they've heard about the bug from someone else and used it the first few days, then they'll very likely have heard about the warning issued yesterday from those same sources. But, again, if they know it's a bug (and it's obviously not intended behavior--it's not like a secret combination of keys and joystick movements to produce a fireball in Street Fighter) and they're exploiting it purposely, a reasonable person would say that's a bad thing. They're doing a bad. Stop doing bads.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    Oh lawd. Are we really being this petty? Who cares what the dictionary says about the word.
    When someone knows they're wrong but doesn't want to admit it, they retreat to semantics because if they can't be right about an argument, they can at least be right about the definition of a word. It's a great way to keep ranting without having to actually engage the other person's point.

You do realize you were the one who brought up the definition?

Apparently the use of any exploit is against the TOS, even resulting from a design error.

Buy a dictionary.

• Gawejn
    1095 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    CG/Devs please shut this TB. Many players who dont use platoon bug cannot do anything to prevent this. If there is one cheater who dont care about anything and will use this bug even throwing him out from the guild wont prevent influence of cheating action on whole guild. This is complete nonsense. 49 players can be fair and has to be banned, strip off from rewards couse there was no way to stop the cheater? Absurde
    Post edited by Gawejn on
  • You're developers, we're players. You built a game with a loophole and players will always "exploit" loopholes to their advantage. If you don't want it there then fix it. Don't cry or threaten because players are playing the game within the parameters that you created. If you want to ban someone, maybe ban the testers or the person who opted not to test this update before the push. For those who found the loophole, bravo and congrats on the extra stars.
  • NoMack wrote: »
    You built a game with a loophole and players will always "exploit" loopholes to their advantage.
    1) Bugs aren't loopholes.
    2) Not all players will exploit bugs.
    3) Stop trying to rationalize having done something wrong. Just stop doing it and nothing will happen to you.

What about the players who did it - blatantly two days in a row? Like, 209 million territory points....
  • 1. A bug is an error in programming and a loophole is an inadequacy in a set of rules, so yeah, they're the same thing.
    2. Numbering things in a list doesn't make them accurate statements.
    3. Nothing will happen to me because I haven't used the loophole/bug to my advantage. But there's a difference between rationalizing wrongdoing and arguing whether an action can rationally be considered wrong.
    4. I hate lists.