DSTB issue and response

Replies

• P5 platoons... lost for words...
  • I am amazed they left DSTB up an exploit like this should have led to instant removal of the mode till it is fixed. But no they have left it running for several days catching others out and ruining the whole experience. My guild has not taken part in the DSTB ever since the exploit was uncovered. No doubt we will pay for that when they just let all those that took advantage of the exploit keep all their stuff.

But then CG and EA don't seem to care about fairness if they did they wouldn't have left this game mode running.
  • ^I'm guessing 1pm PST today.

Why do you think that?
  • Any word from devs yet? Since I don't know what the glitch is, I'm not doing TB until clarification to be safe
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Today’s 65 elites wiped an entire level 82 squad due to the healing and ridiculous hard hitting 3 skulls. Fair and balanced just like Palpatine’s tribunals.
  • Maybe it’s all just a prelude to an emperor and Vader and separatist (including GG)rework, cause you know, they listen to us, and no ones ever asked for any of those things....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Startomsto wrote: »
    P5 platoons... lost for words...

Proof positive there's not enough non paywalled ds characters for this.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Im deploying my toons into the phase and that's it, I'm done with this kittenTB
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • tilusiek
    115 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's not kittens, it's just bugged ;)
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
    Always trying and trying...
  • Poorly designed and poorly planned. They should have waited until January. They could have made cash hand over fist in a longer term but decided to plug everything at once. Not sure how EA gets the DISNEY seal of approval because this is a marketing and technological nightmare. Just an opinion. This would have been well received if pushed off and perfected until January, after the movie hype died down.
  • ^I'm guessing 1pm PST today.

Why do you think that?

On east coast time. That seems around time I see dev posts, that or like 5pm PST
  • Not sure how EA gets the DISNEY seal of approval because this is a marketing and technological nightmare.

I am sure after the BF2 debacle, the Mouse is paying closer attention to EA/CG now.

~D
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Don't even fill platoons, it's a joke

We haven't filled any since p4

Why in the world would a guy who spent all this money on new toons like the Nightsisters and Kylo donate them?

Hey, thanks for your money, but now put them in a platoon mission and not use them

Ridiclous
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    HoodieDM wrote: »
    Not sure how EA gets the DISNEY seal of approval because this is a marketing and technological nightmare.

I am sure after the BF2 debacle, the Mouse is paying closer attention to EA/CG now.

~D

Doubt it. The mouse was involved in BF2 with weekly progress meetings. They obviously don't like the negative attention though.
  • Guys, they figured out that it is cheaper for them to have us be the beta testers without knowing it.
  • Wolfkid wrote: »
    Guys, they figured out that it is cheaper for them to have us be the beta testers without knowing it.

And they don't have to pay us weekend or holiday pay either! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I see you Kozi B) . She edited a post just above.
  • i am playing just 4-5 months here, dont know how it was for you to play the 1 1/2 years before.
    but i see that after one person joined CG leadingteam, there is one big problem with this game after another.
    maye random bad luck or from bad game leading...
    i dont want to blame anyone, just say what i as sometimes paying customer think and how this get me boring to play a really great game.

i cant understand why CG not shut down this TB and fix the bugs and hardcore enemys.
    must be not so much work then to bann thousands of player...meanwhile thousands of other players became mad trying to play this disaster.

i often read cg hate darkside and thats why they drop out so much strong lightside chars..i allways read it with a smile.
    but after this darkside tb...i understand what those people mean. im just happy i never start to build up a darkside team, feeling stupid wen im done with it and see how other lightside chars wipe me out.
    feels like playing this darkside tb...

CG that is only your fault, if you test such events with your imba g12 maxleveld/zeta modchars.
    im sure you rushed from phase to phase with ease...maybe next time try a "BETA TEST" before.
    like with the lightside TB...

stupid...can't delete messageboard account.
  • It is almost noon in Sacramento ...
    The silence is astonishing !!!

I will take 4 NS zombies for the north platoon please !
  • I hope Disney ends up taking the star wars license from EA within the next year.
  • Berimbolo wrote: »

Why in the world would a guy who spent all this money on new toons like the Nightsisters and Kylo donate them?

Hey, thanks for your money, but now put them in a platoon mission and not use them

Ridiclous

• Berimbolo wrote: »

Ridiclous

This, no one put in $ just so they'd sit in a platoon. C'mon! And the battles are so ridiculous it takes zzMT and company just to get through it. I can't even beat the 4th wave with my once-arena Sith team - that's WITH me pulling CD and using AB on the fools. DS TB was supposed to be tougher, but this is out of hand.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • But hey! There's a bright side! Recruit players that have those.

Oops.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    But hey! There's a bright side! Recruit players that have those.

Oops.

That original post by those we do not speak of made me laugh.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

Oops.

That original post by those we do not speak of made me laugh.

Hehehehe...
  • Kozi's about, expect some kind of response to the kittenstorm that's been going on lately... or maybe not.
    There's always hope.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »

Oops.

That's too easy.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    My fully gear 11, and 12 as well as fully modded empire team got wrecked on the empire node. Had one turn with thrawn and then 2 others died before I even had another turn. Vader got 1 shot from almost full protection. My gear 11 Nihilis lead sith team didn't fare much better. They were doing 15k hits that weren't even crits and had crazy turn meter and assists or something.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    +1

Is the event flawed a bit? yeah, but it hasn't even run its course so people are commenting on an incomplete dataset.

The devs did a great job incorporating feedback into improving LSTB and they adjusted some elements of TB into the DS version that are making the experience more enjoyable. I think there's rightful frustration that at least 2 platoons within each territory should be "paywall free" but the difficulty I think is just a combination of people having less experience with DS and fewer god mods on those toons. Hey, you probably got through 3/4 battles on most CMs. that's a good thing! You don't have to win everything first swing.

Let this one run its course and then provide constructive feedback for devs to incorporate.

I also realize there are some bugs in the release. I'm not going to address those. They happen with all software and this is a pretty complex mobile game. They'll clean it up the same way they did for LSTB.
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    They're likely to just let it run it's course. Then not run it again till they fix it up.

It's a free event, they don't owe the player base anything. If they were really nice they could compensate you for the inconvenience... but it's not like they actually owe us rewards.

If they said "Get X points and you'll earn Y rewards" and then a bug occured in which we all only got Y - 5 rewards...then they'd owe us something. But this is a different scenario, where RAW everything is mostly fine, but RAI isn't quite.

Righteous fury is good and all, but I would suggest keeping some of that in mind.

I wish I could run my business like if I screw up I get another chance, oh wait it in real life I lose my client. Stop being an EA D rider. Some people have spent a considerable amount of money and now are being shafted for it
  • I dont play a game to be threatened. What is wrong with you people?!