DSTB issue and response

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So making this platoon bug worse is for reasons I won't go into here my guild could only complete 2 platoons in the middle territory.
    So that is 50 players trying to add the same 30 characters at once
    Lets just say there were many instances of this bug appearing today.
    so now because of a bug that has been deemed an exploit and being that CG has warned don't do it we as players are expected to what coordinate yet another thing outside of the game and send 1 player at a time to go in and fill platoons so we don't encounter the bug??? Yeah that sounds fun.
  • HB0MBZ wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    +1

Is the event flawed a bit? yeah, but it hasn't even run its course so people are commenting on an incomplete dataset.

The devs did a great job incorporating feedback into improving LSTB and they adjusted some elements of TB into the DS version that are making the experience more enjoyable. I think there's rightful frustration that at least 2 platoons within each territory should be "paywall free" but the difficulty I think is just a combination of people having less experience with DS and fewer god mods on those toons. Hey, you probably got through 3/4 battles on most CMs. that's a good thing! You don't have to win everything first swing.

Let this one run its course and then provide constructive feedback for devs to incorporate.

I also realize there are some bugs in the release. I'm not going to address those. They happen with all software and this is a pretty complex mobile game. They'll clean it up the same way they did for LSTB.
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    They're likely to just let it run it's course. Then not run it again till they fix it up.

It's a free event, they don't owe the player base anything. If they were really nice they could compensate you for the inconvenience... but it's not like they actually owe us rewards.

If they said "Get X points and you'll earn Y rewards" and then a bug occured in which we all only got Y - 5 rewards...then they'd owe us something. But this is a different scenario, where RAW everything is mostly fine, but RAI isn't quite.

Righteous fury is good and all, but I would suggest keeping some of that in mind.

I wish I could run my business like if I screw up I get another chance, oh wait it in real life I lose my client. Stop being an EA D rider. Some people have spent a considerable amount of money and now are being shafted for it

Most businesses have to put out a quality product to make money. This business model is different, people needed to spend to get the tools necessary to play the product to its fullest. So even with it being as flawed as it is, more packs of those toons were sold.

That being said at a certain point your spenders are just gonna stop caring cause the end result is so bad. I have a feeling that point has finally been reached.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • scuba wrote: »
    So making this platoon bug worse is for reasons I won't go into here my guild could only complete 2 platoons in the middle territory.
    So that is 50 players trying to add the same 30 characters at once
    Lets just say there were many instances of this bug appearing today.
    so now because of a bug that has been deemed an exploit and being that CG has warned don't do it we as players are expected to what coordinate yet another thing outside of the game and send 1 player at a time to go in and fill platoons so we don't encounter the bug??? Yeah that sounds fun.

Yep. More sheets. More 3rd party apps. More time wasted.
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Don't even fill platoons, it's a joke

We haven't filled any since p4

Why in the world would a guy who spent all this money on new toons like the Nightsisters and Kylo donate them?

Hey, thanks for your money, but now put them in a platoon mission and not use them

Ridiclous

This, no one put in $ just so they'd sit in a platoon. C'mon! And the battles are so ridiculous it takes zzMT and company just to get through it. I can't even beat the 4th wave with my once-arena Sith team - that's WITH me pulling CD and using AB on the fools. DS TB was supposed to be tougher, but this is out of hand.

^^ I think this is what irks ppl and why some heavier spenders either quit or stop spending. To help my guild- I should dump money into a toon maybe I’ll never use to fill 1/6 of those platoon requirements. Get real.
  • This Tb is broken plain and simple. Territory missions are impossible . And How many 5* brand new release characters can you require for platoons. Surely half the guild already has at least 1 each. Ridiculous. Not fun. Just a chore. Keep pandering to the top 1%.
  • At least they don't require toons like Starck or Probe Droid...

(Looks in game at today's platoons, sobs)

...son of a Gungan!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Still would love to hear a reply on this from the Devs.
    Had it happen with me today, trying to get this broken TB going for my guild.
    Are you going to suspend my account because your system is doing this ? Or are you going to require us to go in one at a time and slot in platoons because your system is not working as stated above ?
    Some answer would be nice from you Devs
  • Greenmojo wrote: »
    Please cancel this horrible player experience called TB: Hoth Imperial invasion.

So many bugs and mistakes.

1 guy can cheat and gain max stars for his 49 honest guild members.
    How exactly are you gonna deal with this ?

Simple solution is to avoid this situation by cancelling the current tb and give us something in return like rewards = to our last TB, Light side.

This is a great idea. To ensure you aren't rewarding cheaters, just make rewards = the last TB.
  • Still would love to hear a reply on this from the Devs.
    Are you going to suspend my account because your system is doing this ? Or are you going to require us to go in one at a time and slot in platoons because your system is not working as stated above ?

The thing is, they are about, I've seen edited posts by kozi in the past hour. they are lurking in the shadows.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Karfax wrote: »
    Still would love to hear a reply on this from the Devs.

The thing is, they are about, I've seen edited posts by kozi in the past hour. they are lurking in the shadows.

Afraid of the light, they are.
  • Remember the old Darth Vader bug, near the beginning of the game? Cheaters got their illegal DV capped to 5* stats (when most players were only able to have him 4*) and nothing else happened to them. This will have a similar result. Maybe they'll give them a 30-star reward or something like that, instead of max rewards. But no accounts will be banned.
    And people who accidentally did whatever the bug does once or twice, don't have to worry. It will be very easy to distinguish an accidental click from hundreds of deliberate clicks.
  • Darklin_Sil
    259 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes, I know they are about, it is why I posted and asked.
    I also know, they have pretty much already stated they are not going to comment till the conclusion of this TB. Simple fact remains, even if you know how to or do not know how to reproduce this exploit, it is extremely simple to do if you do not know it. This being the main reason they should have shut it down, as soon as they realized the exploit was present. Not taking into account the broken content, kitten platoon requirements and other things, but a flat out exploit should have taking the TB off the tracks.
    Just my 2 cents
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • do you think it's a bug or do we have to expect ROLO in the next Light Side TB ?
    Screenshot_20171127-213945.png?width=800&height=450
  • Probably safe there, as sarcastic as it sound, you can not buy ROLO out of the card data shop
  • Karfax wrote: »
    Still would love to hear a reply on this from the Devs.

Expect a response Wednesday 9am.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's not a bug - just illogically dumb.
  • Again, per their response, just go recruit a player who has them or "acquire them yourself".

Hey, there's a glut of whales just waiting to be recruited! Not a single one of them had said "forget this, I quit".

Errrrrrr, wait a second...
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Darth_Amarth
    354 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ways CG can make up for the mistake:
    1. Have recently added DS Toons and ships (FO) to be FTP right away. This can help us to build teams and complete platoons in the future, without having to wait 2-3 months. Also have several events that grant DS shards.
    2. Emperor Palpatine Zetas and Darth Vader Unique (with Zeta), to help us boost Empire squads in TB.

Bonus: Maybe add Iden Versio?
  • I'd rather they take anything that isn't f2p out of platoons.
  • Did they make any response yet or still holiday thing
  • Too bad they didn't put the Wampa in the platoon.
    The joke would have been complete !!!
  • Muelann wrote: »
    I dont play a game to be threatened. What is wrong with you people?!

Clearly you’ve never been threatened in your life or you wouldn’t read the announcement as a threat...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'd rather they take anything that isn't f2p out of platoons.

I'd ALMOST agree with this, but when Paploo / Wampa / Falcon / Kylo's V1 ship / Reaper hit, they said WAI, recruit players who have them or "acquire them yourself" ie. spend money. So no, that's not going to change. The issue is that after this broken TB, there just aren't enough characters to go around for platoons that aren't stuck behind a paywall or needed in required missions. I don't know how or IF they can actually balance it unless they can put a minimum amount requested in days 5 and 6 like they do now. For example, we only see a Falcon or two, Reaper or two, etc. on those days. You usually don't see paywalled characters in LS TB until that point in time.
    Germi wrote: »
    Too bad they didn't put the Wampa in the platoon.
    The joke would have been complete !!!

Hey! There's still TOMORROW! You just need about half a dozen 7* Wampas and you, good guild, are good to GO! Happy farming!

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Our team is working on a server release today that will slowly roll out a fix that'll address Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. This fix will do its work in the background, so players will NOT require a client restart of their game. Let is know if you encounter any issues.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action on accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

As always, we appreciate your patience and reports in regards to this serious issue. Battle on!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Our team is working on a server release today that will slowly roll out a fix that'll address Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. This fix will do its work in the background, so players will NOT require a client restart of their game. Let is know if you encounter any issues.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action on accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

As always, we appreciate your patience and reports in regards to this serious issue. Battle on!

I thought it wasn't possible to make changes to TB while it was going on?
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

I could have SWORN they said that last week.
  • dabro2237
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What a terrible response...to those thinking they have not lied to us before go look at credit heists.
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Anything is possible with the force
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Not so black and white as all that. Sometimes it's client side (and that can be risky) sometimes backend/server side only, etc etc.

But as with any update there's always a chance it can mess stuff up. So studios don't like to, as a practice, do emergency updates.
  • Simonchelsea
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Only when it's to there benefit they can do it! After all this time of no comment whilst we carry on spending money on the game, they come back still threatening to punish people for there complete kitten up! Customer service at its best, absolutely priceless well done @CG_Kozispoon
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • At least we know they are working on fixing some of the issues I guess. I think that's a step in the right direction. No point in taking TB down now, there's only a day left.