Do I really want to put myself through this?

placing a post on this forum is like painting a target on your back, not only do you have the trolls who just scour items to give an unpleasant feedback, but you have moderators who will condemn you to a back water to subsist in.
Let me just say that the tools that guilds have been given for TB/TW are great and an assist with day to day guild management would be appreciated. (600 management)
Love the game and addicted, I will not criticise the recent DS TB as obviously that is well known and will be reacted too.
I still have a problem with nothing to farm in Cantina, no I don’t need paltry ship rewards, or arena, no don’t need those rewards, or GW, even less, I want shards of toons, preferably something that is required in TB.
I have two big questions left.
1. Where will this post be moved, I mentioned various parts of game so could be anywhere.
2. Will authorities start looking at this game re the gambling aspect in the cards where you pay money and may get a toons shards of 10 or 300,that’s not a gamble is it? ( don’t do it personally)
anyway look forward to your comments

Replies

• There's a loophole in the system, it's no gambing of you aren't using money directly to buy packs.

Notice how packs that directly cost money are taxed and also have fixed rewards. The packs that are 5-330 are never bought for cash, they are bought for crystals.

Crystals can be bought or earned through the game for free so yeah, small loop hole that allows game companies to get away with this
  • By the way just to show I’m not a complaining sort of guy, I havnt had repetitive strain syndrome in sliding across all the offers to get to my free bronzium:)
  • I have everyone I need from the cantina store. So I use my cantina shards to buy shards of toons I have at 7 stars. Then I use them in the shard store to buy gear.

Quite like that I can gear up faster, rather than farm another toon to add to my list of toons to gear up.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

• I was farming Death Trooper from Cantina as he's someone I don't have and it seems Imperial Troopers are necessary for DS TB (he's one of the best in my opinion). Of course now that the Veterans are available I've been farming them. Once I inevitably fail to get the new Rey, I'll probably go ahead and finish getting them to 7* so I can tap my foot impatiently for her to return, like I did with Thrawn, and am currently doing with BB8.

As for your other questions...

1: Probably either Character Shards (as you asked which to farm) or Cantina Nodes (if there even is such a sub-forum, who knows how many there are) or Off Topic (since it doesn't really fit into any easy topic, you'd think General, but nope, probably this).

2: The concept of gambling has been defined as spending money at a chance of big rewards with the possibility of getting nothing. Since these packs give you SOMETHING, I believe it's been determined by the word of law that it is not gambling. If you're asking does this practice undermine the SPIRIT of the law? Then I feel it does, as clearly you are taking a chance with your money, hoping for a big payout, and about 95% (made up number!) of the time getting disappointed. I'd say that's quite a gamble, in the sense of the word, but perhaps not in the letter of the law. Anyway, I'm not a lawyer and this isn't in any means any sort of legal advice or statement of any kind of fact, it's just my feelings on the matter.
  • You are probably correct. Though knowing the actual odds of getting something would be nice (though if they told us the odds sales would probably stop)
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.

• Best thing I read today. I won’t say anything more because then we might upset the animal farm.
    placing a post on this forum is like painting a target on your back, not only do you have the trolls who just scour items to give an unpleasant feedback, but you have moderators who will condemn you to a back water to subsist in.
    Let me just say that the tools that guilds have been given for TB/TW are great and an assist with day to day guild management would be appreciated. (600 management)
    Love the game and addicted, I will not criticise the recent DS TB as obviously that is well known and will be reacted too.
    I still have a problem with nothing to farm in Cantina, no I don’t need paltry ship rewards, or arena, no don’t need those rewards, or GW, even less, I want shards of toons, preferably something that is required in TB.
    I have two big questions left.
    1. Where will this post be moved, I mentioned various parts of game so could be anywhere.
    2. Will authorities start looking at this game re the gambling aspect in the cards where you pay money and may get a toons shards of 10 or 300,that’s not a gamble is it? ( don’t do it personally)
    anyway look forward to your comments