Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Who is Falcon?
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, I have definitely spent money on G12 gear. I spent twenty bucks on the veterans. Before that, I’ve been farming them for free ever since they appeared. I’ve never bought a character, only gear.

So, what 1 week of farming? And you didn't spend and crystals for refreshes or used daily crystals? Either way you spent way more than $20 and you're not telling us. You either spent money on packs before being able to farm them in cantina or you spent crystals on shipment purchases and refreshes which there's no way you get enough daily crystals to max out already. Why do you guys like about stuff like this?
  • Still wondering if they announce the requirements still in the timeframe where we could get the special offer from crystal purchases.

If they want to have people spending money on this game and for sure there are some considering, it is now the best time to announce the clear requirements for reys hero journey.
    Until the movie releases we have just 2,5 weeks left so would be a really good moment to communicate now.

Would also consider buying a vault for clear requirements if its still within the special offers.
  • Catarax wrote: »
    First comment ever - and probably my last.
    If Rey's journey requires the vets, I am going to uninstall the game once and for all.
    I'm sick of meta-breaking chars that I as a near-f2p-player cannot achieve even with the best preparation possible.

The only possible thing that I am not prepared to (because I couldn't) is needing the vets (or kylo unmasked lol). And the only way to get them is either spending a shitload of cash or a shitload of crystals (which you only have if you've already spent a shitload of cash before).

Sayonara.

Want everything right now and for free? Not willing to wait until next time and farm for it?

Bye then.
  • Sion89 wrote: »
    Who is Falcon?

Milennium Falcon (Ep VII), the ship that has Rey and Finn as pilots. Available from dark side hard node 5-D (C?).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Still, BB8 would be enough as a big and hard requirement for Rey's journey. Devs, please read me, save us from the Vets, don't make them required. Don't stab our hearts. You can still make things right, nothing has been done yet.
  • RekiemD wrote: »
    Devs, please read me, save us from the Vets, don't make them required. Don't stab our hearts. You can still make things right, nothing has been done yet.
    I'm afraid you're asking for too much from a game notorious for inducing panic farming whenever we have events like this. Besides, one thing that I've always wondered is, what 2 units would we need instead of the Vets?

• RekiemD wrote: »
    Devs, please read me, save us from the Vets, don't make them required. Don't stab our hearts. You can still make things right, nothing has been done yet.
    I'm afraid you're asking for too much from a game notorious for inducing panic farming whenever we have events like this. Besides, one thing that I've always wondered is, what 2 units would we need instead of the Vets?

May r2d2 and the upcoming maz canata its just speculation like the whole thread but if they countinue the way they gone this month may they make the requirements that most of the playerbase can get her .
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    There has been some discussion on this already, but let’s seriously look at the chances of obtaining Rey from the upcoming Hero’s Journey if you’re F2P.

1. Hero’s Journey means the title character (Rey with Lightsaber) will only unlock at 7*. This means you need at least five, 7* characters related to her journey in Ep7.
    2. It’s widely believed that both Veteran Han and Veteran Chewy will be needed. The others are assumed to be BB-8, Finn, and possibly Poe. Scavenger Rey has been confirmed as needed.
    3. The event will likely begin Tuesday of TLJ’s release week, or 12/12, which is 2 weeks from today. That’s the latest I believe it will start, so we’ll use that as a generous basis.
    4. An F2P player can average 2-3 cantina refreshes per day (300 crystals). Most players will be less than that, but again, we’ll be generous.
    5. F2P players had the Vets at 15/30 before they hit cantina. I did 3x refreshes per day during double drops and got Han and Chewy both to 20/65. That means, I need 230 more shards of each, or 460 shards total to 7* both Vets.
    6. According to the Crouching Rancor app tool, with three refreshes/day, it will take 22 days to 7* one toon, or 44 days to 7* both. With 2 weeks to event time and a 1 week event, we’re 23 days short of unlocking Rey.
    7. Based on that, I don’t see Rey’s event running for 4 weeks until mid-January. No F2P player can unlock her without buying Vet shards.

Before anyone says Luke was P2W, the characters needed for that event were obtainable and farmable well in advance. The point is that there is simply not enough time for the Vets.
  • Seems pretty p2w to me if you want her anywhere over 5*
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Seems pretty p2w to me if you want her anywhere over 5*

She only unlocks at 7*. That’s the point. Unless you purchase crystals, it seems impossible to 7* the Vets in time.
  • I'm not even trying...I've got plenty of other things to put resources into at the moment and don't want to spread too thin, and if Lightsaber Rey is even more OP than CLS this games probably just getting uninstalled because I can't even imagine how broken she would be to achieve that.

Pay to win? Maybe...if she's super OP and you have to have her first go around. If I can pick her up in six months or whatever when they run the event a second time and she isn't a total game breaking character, then nah, not so much.
  • Then that’s a strong yes, she’s p2p. I’m not sure why everyone is surprised. EA does not care about the players they care about the stock holders.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I'm not even trying...I've got plenty of other things to put resources into at the moment and don't want to spread too thin, and if Lightsaber Rey is even more OP than CLS this games probably just getting uninstalled because I can't even imagine how broken she would be to achieve that.

Pay to win? Maybe...if she's super OP and you have to have her first go around. If I can pick her up in six months or whatever when they run the event a second time and she isn't a total game breaking character, then nah, not so much.

I’ve got a good feeling this Hero’s Journey character will be as OP as the last. We all know how good CLS is. I can only imagine that Rey will be comparable, or better.
  • I think a lot of us have that deep down feeling that "Surely they wouldn't require characters from a 16 energy Cantina Node to both be 7* if they were just made farmable roughly a month in advance.. Surely..."

I want to believe that too, that somewhere in the black, greasy hearts of the powers that be, a touch of the holiday spirit seeped in and they would decide "You know what, a lot of people are going to want to get this character because of the movie release, and the last Hero's Journey... Let's make it fair."

Then I remember the sheer vileness of so many other things EA has done and I realize "Better get to panic farming those Veterans as best I can, to ensure maximum frustration when I inevitably fail." Since that awful feeling of failure and frustration is "WAI" and what drives a lot of the sales for games like these.
  • Did I miss an announcement of when the event was or something? Where you getting 2 weeks?
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Then that’s a strong yes, she’s p2p. I’m not sure why everyone is surprised. EA does not care about the players they care about the stock holders.

Well, the whales with the full G12 teams are the ones who subsidize the game content for the dolphins and F2P players. If there were no whales, there would be a lot less new content.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    There has been some discussion on this already, but let’s seriously look at the chances of obtaining Rey from the upcoming Hero’s Journey if you’re F2P.

1. Hero’s Journey means the title character (Rey with Lightsaber) will only unlock at 7*. This means you need at least five, 7* characters related to her journey in Ep7.
    2. It’s widely believed that both Veteran Han and Veteran Chewy will be needed. The others are assumed to be BB-8, Finn, and possibly Poe. Scavenger Rey has been confirmed as needed.
    3. The event will likely begin Tuesday of TLJ’s release week, or 12/12, which is 2 weeks from today. That’s the latest I believe it will start, so we’ll use that as a generous basis.
    4. An F2P player can average 2-3 cantina refreshes per day (300 crystals). Most players will be less than that, but again, we’ll be generous.
    5. F2P players had the Vets at 15/30 before they hit cantina. I did 3x refreshes per day during double drops and got Han and Chewy both to 20/65. That means, I need 230 more shards of each, or 460 shards total to 7* both Vets.
    6. According to the Crouching Rancor app tool, with three refreshes/day, it will take 22 days to 7* one toon, or 44 days to 7* both. With 2 weeks to event time and a 1 week event, we’re 23 days short of unlocking Rey.
    7. Based on that, I don’t see Rey’s event running for 4 weeks until mid-January. No F2P player can unlock her without buying Vet shards.

Before anyone says Luke was P2W, the characters needed for that event were obtainable and farmable well in advance. The point is that there is simply not enough time for the Vets.

1. I agree that would be logical.
    2. I believe that as well and have been farming accordingly. A bare compromise would be to require them both at only 6-Star. A fair compromise would be to require them at only 5-Star. If no compromise is made, then Lightsaber Rey will more certainly be P2P, and as a result, the next logical step would be CG releasing a $$$$ pack to boost the Vet Han and Chewy farm.
    3. I find that reasonable to assume.
    4. Reasonable assuming one is near the top 200 of arena and preferably top 20 of ships at payout.
    5. I'm primarily F2P and was able to get them both to 4-Star by saving up my crystals before their farm node came. Got Vet Han to 5-Star by stockpiling energy and doing 3 refreshes a day during double drop. Chewy will take about a week or two yet to 5-Star for me.
    6. It being two toons really is what makes the farm to 7-Star much longer, and not cool should that be the requirement in what we can assume to be a shorter event time frame by comparison. "We shall see."-Snoke
    7. I don't see the event lasting that long either, but [insert Snoke quote again].

Also, Luke was definitely not P2W/P, but if the requirements for that are like those for the Rey event (all 7-Star), then F2P shall cry for Christmas.
  • Crowny wrote: »
    Then that’s a strong yes, she’s p2p. I’m not sure why everyone is surprised. EA does not care about the players they care about the stock holders.

Well, the whales with the full G12 teams are the ones who subsidize the game content for the dolphins and F2P players. If there were no whales, there would be a lot less new content.

You don't need to be a whale to have a full G12 team at this point. But I agree with your position.
  • Let's not forget that Luke's Journey started with Farmboy Luke and Jawas. We didn't actually get the CLS event until some time after in a continuation of Luke's Journey.

You never know. CG could do the same with Rey and give us more time.
  • stepgib wrote: »
    Let's not forget that Luke's Journey started with Farmboy Luke and Jawas. We didn't actually get the CLS event until some time after in a continuation of Luke's Journey.

You never know. CG could do the same with Rey and give us more time.

This could also be the case as well. A lot of us are assuming that the Hero's Journey is just going to start right alongside the movie, but as with CLS they did run the Flash Events for quite awhile before even making the announcement of CLS, and then releasing his actual event. It's very possible that we will have plenty of time to farm the Veterans.

This is about the only benefit of the doubt that I'd give them though!
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Honestly, it is most likely going to be p2p. Not that it's impossible for an f2p to get her, I'm f2p and I'll most likely get her, but that's because I started my panic farming back in September when they started hinting she was coming. Seeing as most people don't get as ahead of themselves as I did, most f2p won't get her. IMO it's fair to get ahead of yourself when it comes to these HJ events because the toons from them are so powerful and even though it's been almost 5 months since CLS, we haven't even heard a hint about him possibly coming back. We don't know if HJ events repeat, so honestly, if you're f2p, getting ahead of yourself on these HJ events isn't the worst idea.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Don't forget about the millenium falcon's ominous presence in the shipments store...
  • People need to realize that there needs to be incentive for people to buy things. People that support the game with money will get things before others who dont. No issues there.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • It's a money game, get over it. Character events are always kept intentionally vague until days before. Then they slap the slot machine crystal packs for shards in the shop and real in the money from panic farmers.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Kronen wrote: »
    It's a money game, get over it. Character events are always kept intentionally vague until days before. Then they slap the slot machine crystal packs for shards in the shop and real in the money from panic farmers.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    People need to realize that there needs to be incentive for people to buy things. People that support the game with money will get things before others who dont. No issues there.

I understand. But don’t make it a central movie or even franchise character everyone wants. Make it a toon like Revan or someone that’s OP that most people want. I think “celebrating” a new movie release by locking its most iconic character behind a paywall is disappointing to say the least.

On a side note, @Grizz331 I will cry if we need the falcon. Virtually no one will unlock her if that’s the case.
  • I'm not reading all 37 pages of this, but did anyone mention that all of this farming for vets and FO (for bb8) comes at a time when we're all trying to keep up with DSTB immense difficulty and prepare for TW? I almost think they're pushing way too much content out at one time. CG has us pulling in 12 different directions.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Perhaps Rey's journey will include Vet shards in the early stages like the Farmboy Luke ones we received in his? Hahahaha, I do say some stupid things sometimes...LOL
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • EA is a company whose primary goal is to maximize profits. Nothing wrong with that.

The question that they need to answer is if they're risking those profits by alienating too many small-time spenders (Dolphins) and relying too heavily on whales. That's a question that they're in a much better position to answer than any of us, what with all the data they can collect and sift through.

If I were a betting man I'd say their books are doing just fine, so they'll continue releasing OP toons which require panic farms rather than reworking old toons like EP who everyone already has maxed and at 7 stars.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I think a lot of us have that deep down feeling that "Surely they wouldn't require characters from a 16 energy Cantina Node to both be 7* if they were just made farmable roughly a month in advance.. Surely..."

I want to believe that too, that somewhere in the black, greasy hearts of the powers that be, a touch of the holiday spirit seeped in and they would decide "You know what, a lot of people are going to want to get this character because of the movie release, and the last Hero's Journey... Let's make it fair."

Then I remember the sheer vileness of so many other things EA has done and I realize "Better get to panic farming those Veterans as best I can, to ensure maximum frustration when I inevitably fail." Since that awful feeling of failure and frustration is "WAI" and what drives a lot of the sales for games like these.

Hahaha - remember the first Thrawn event? Phoenix (an entire team - not just 2 toons) only became farmable about 2 weeks before Thrawns event. And if you wanted Thrawn at 7* they ALL had to be 7*.

But that was Thrawn and he was at least unlockable at the 5* level.

This is a Heroes Journey event - which means Rey is only unlockable at the 7* level requiring all event toons to be 7* - including these vets - say nothing about needed gear level, mods or abilities.

I agree with everything @Atlas1 has posted above - I have been saying the same thing for weeks. This Rey is essentially a p2p toon, plain and simple - only tagged f2p, because the VS are technically farmable in Cantina - its a mockery!
This discussion has been closed.