FO under Krum

Has anyone had success with this lot in arena?

Krum Fost fotp Zylo officer fully zetad

Krum is 3* but seems tanky enough.

Krum & Officer G11 rest 12.

The AI loves using raid Hans opener to smash officer, then CLS uses call to action, ignores both taunts and finishes off officer.

I've tried modding officer for prot/HP as well, but there's no stopping the ?60k DMG coming out of those two...

Obviously doesn't hold on defense as human players do the same.

Any tips?

Replies

• Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Second thought, despite krums leader ability being great... Would Thrawn still slot in nicely in place of officer in that team? I'll give it a go
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, my first thought is you are getting beat because you are out modded. Kylo unmasked should be the next attack in there after Han

FO will still get beat by a CLS meta team though.
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Second thought, despite krums leader ability being great... Would Thrawn still slot in nicely in place of officer in that team? I'll give it a go

That is literally my arena team right now - 4 star g11 Matt (kyum), 7 star g12 Kylo, fotp, and fost (all zetaed), and g11 Thrawn. I held in the 60s all day and got to mid 40s for my payout time. The only time I lost on offense was a Hyoda, Zarriss, GK, CLS, and R2 team, and that was by timing out (with everyone at full hp and prot) because Zarriss is the worst.

I think FOO will be better in the long run, but I only have him at g11 right now, and he does die quickly. Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll get him to g12 and give him a try.

But to answer your question, my FO team is viable in the 50s with average/sightly above average mods, but Zarriss stops them cold.

Super fun on offense though.
    Post edited by TheMegaSage on
  • I've remodded, changed out officer for raid han... Having much more success, with krum fast enough it's a double-stun opener.

Zylo with a 3rd stun is nice too....

It's good to have different options on the table...

Will keep playing with them, and moving things around... I hadn't thought of going full speed on Krum (bit scared with only 3* re:survivability).

But feels better with him faster....

Cheers
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I've remodded, changed out officer for raid han... Having much more success, with krum fast enough it's a double-stun opener.

Zylo with a 3rd stun is nice too....

It's good to have different options on the table...

Will keep playing with them, and moving things around... I hadn't thought of going full speed on Krum (bit scared with only 3* re:survivability).

But feels better with him faster....

Cheers

Raid Han ... that's intriguing. It would be a third stun, and his buff would be a 10% hp and prot heal for the FO with a Matt lead.

That might actually work really, really nicely. I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of that.
  • @TheMegaSage

Don't thank me, thank my opponents AI that ruin every match with him hitting the one toon I don't want him to -.-
  • It works well for me, but I avoid two particular toons when possible: Han and zzzCLS. Han is fine so long as he doesn’t stun FOO to start. Even then sometimes it is okay but risky. Triple zeta CLS leader gives too much TM to the team with all the debuffs FO doesn’t land.

Overall running the team with a 4 Star KRU with leader zeta and zetaed G12 FOST, FOTP, Kylo, FOO works pretty well. Mods are everything. You want tons of protection on FOST and KRU, max speed on FOO, max offense/CC/CD on FOTP, and max offense/potency/CD on Kylo.

It may feel like you are losing at the beginning but keep going. KRU’s zeta lead regens so much health/prot constantly that you can quickly build back up from near death. I am able to get top 20 easy, top 5 with good RNG on an August 2016 shard. Doesn’t hold great on defense but nothing in my shard does these days. Everyone that can hit top 5 also drops to 30-40 sometimes.

At 7 Star and with the right mods I know this team can dominate. Check the FO discord for evidence.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I use Empire zThrawn lead, Shore Storm DT and Krenic. I played against KRUM lead FO only once. My Empire can auto CLS teams but this FO team completely destroyed me. Yes, Ididnt know how to play couse it was first time but still my team is not easy to beat. I lost badly.
  • I too now face a kylo lead FO team in arena. They are tough. The double taunt is very hard to work around. FOTP is impossible to get to and he wrecks me every time. The old FO, 4 zeta under Phasma, was no problem....way slower and I could single out FOTP early.

I don’t run them, but to those that want to....FOST is a must. I can’t imagine me having problems with the other 5 minus him.