Did they buff the Thrawn Event for the 7-star challenge?

With a PX team mostly g9, and Ezra being g10, I was able ato get Thrawn to 6*, but repeatedly got the snot beat out of me in Stage 4 of the 7* battle. I tried switching Sabine in and out, putting my arena mods on them...same result. Anyone else having a hard time with the final stage?

Replies

• Are all your attack toons speed ~200?
  • I 7*d Thrawn on my main account on the his second go round with a G8 Phoenix squad. I remember it taking 3 or 4 attempts, but being close each time and just needing to move my mods around and I might have been missing an omega on a unique and added that.

I have a 6* Thrawn on a second account - essentially the same Phoenix team (G8+ a few, no Sabine), but with faster mods this time around. I have absolutely no chance at getting his seventh star. I can't even get protection off of a single death trooper. It's not worth my time and the aggravation that is mod switching without mod set functionality. I don't have time to auto three rounds of uselessness then get thrashed by a 300 speed Thrawn before I get a chance to go already down one or two toons. It's not fun, it's work - and the fruit of that labor is no longer worth it to me.
  • I zetad Sabine it made it much easier and three gear tens
  • Crazy_Old_Maurice09
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I 7*d Thrawn on my main account on the his second go round with a G8 Phoenix squad. I remember it taking 3 or 4 attempts, but being close each time and just needing to move my mods around and I might have been missing an omega on a unique and added that.

I have a 6* Thrawn on a second account - essentially the same Phoenix team (G8+ a few, no Sabine), but with faster mods this time around. I have absolutely no chance at getting his seventh star. I can't even get protection off of a single death trooper. It's not worth my time and the aggravation that is mod switching without mod set functionality. I don't have time to auto three rounds of uselessness then get thrashed by a 300 speed Thrawn before I get a chance to go already down one or two toons. It's not fun, it's work - and the fruit of that labor is no longer worth it to me.

+100000000000000000000.

I'm so upset, that after giving the mods back to my arena team, I'm going to leave my Pheonix team stripped without their old mods. I probably tried about 20 times. I've decided to just go ahead and concentrate on gearing Thrawn as high as 6-stars will allow me (g11), intead of wasting another second gearing PX further. Trying to beat Round 4 of the 7* challenge WAS nothing but work especially after the 20th or so attempt (I lost count), AND the time I wasted shifting mods. Getting a cavity filled at the dentist's was more fun.
  • Crazy_Old_Maurice09
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Are all your attack toons speed ~200?

Yes. Still got the snot beat out of me. And like the other poster mentioned: The protection on Thrawn and most of his squad was insane.
  • I 7*d Thrawn on my main account on the his second go round with a G8 Phoenix squad. I remember it taking 3 or 4 attempts, but being close each time and just needing to move my mods around and I might have been missing an omega on a unique and added that.

My question is why do you have two accounts? One is maintenance enough for me. I can't even imagine starting over with a second account.
  • Hows your strategy. Go with chopp, zeb, kannan, ezra and hera (L). First three are easy, but dont auto the third stage to mazimise cooldowns. Hope you go in and booth DTs use their AOE and zeb cpunters twice and stuns the stormtrooper. Thrawn will cleanse and ST will taunt. Use Chopper to get rid of taunt. Stagger one DT and Flourish the other, than keep attacking them. Call assists with zeb to stun thrawn and/or DTs. After DTs dead, get rid of stormtrooper. Finally, slaughter the healers. KEEP THRAWN STUNNED and/or STAGGERD. Kannan can use offense down to cut the damage from thrawn by half. Good Luck. Also, use backup plan liberally on kannan and spread out choppers and Kannans taunt. Good Luck!
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Hows your strategy. Go with chopp, zeb, kannan, ezra and hera (L). First three are easy, but dont auto the third stage to mazimise cooldowns. Hope you go in and booth DTs use their AOE and zeb cpunters twice and stuns the stormtrooper. Thrawn will cleanse and ST will taunt. Use Chopper to get rid of taunt. Stagger one DT and Flourish the other, than keep attacking them. Call assists with zeb to stun thrawn and/or DTs. After DTs dead, get rid of stormtrooper. Finally, slaughter the healers. KEEP THRAWN STUNNED and/or STAGGERD. Kannan can use offense down to cut the damage from thrawn by half. Good Luck. Also, use backup plan liberally on kannan and spread out choppers and Kannans taunt. Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip!
  • Use Ezra's called assist on HERA. Expose hits helped take him down.
    He has a ton of protection but once you get his protection down, he actually doesn't have high health.
    I also noticed zeb seemed to have better chance at stunning when hitting him when staggered or exposed.
  • I did it with Ezra g9 and the others g8. I had to take most of them to L80 with omegas on their basics and uniques. This made a big difference. Mods of course need to be arena quality with speed and protection mainly. I put speed and potency on zeb and used the assists to get zeb hitting the daze/stun which slows down the DTs. Didn’t worry about speed on kanan just put as much health and protection I could find as he’s the main tank. Used chopper taunt when kanan was low health. Still took a number of retries but if you can get past the 2 DTs with your team still ok then you should get through
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

No buff, if has always been difficult.
  • If you have a spare zeta, I suggest slapping it on Kanan. It turns this event into easy mode. I just beat 7* Thrawn with g8 Hera, zeb, kanan, chopper and g7 sabine. Thats right, no ezra. Not even very good mods. Most toons got about a 50+ speed bump and barely matching sets.
    Kanan's zeta is a TM overload, the opposition cant keep up. Not even close. Plus that cleanse helps in the beginning to remove that annoying heal immunity.
    I was tried many times and couldnt beat it then beat it on my first try w zeta Kanan. GL
  • ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I don’t know if this events thrawn has ebb and flow zeta’d but if it is he has 100%tenacity and 100%counter when any enemies are fractured. So when he fractures someone don’t touch him. Put a backup plan on who’s fractured and target someone else. But I’m pretty sure this events thrawn only has 50% tenacity and 50% counter because whenever kanaan gets fractured I Hera assist zeb on thrawn and am able to inflict daze/stun