Barris Offee

Replies

• I haven't filed here yet but got a refund for the exact same thing in a different game around 18 months ago. It took 3-4 days for my iTunes account to be credited.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Ea phone support said suck it

Apple not so much ;) Google is also issuing refunds
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • The developer almost never issues a refund.......gotta go google, apple
  • StormriderX
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's pretty simple really, if I paid Porsche money for a Porsche, I do not expect it to be changed for a VW/Skoda and be told to 'suck it', or the one of the other many terms being thrown around.

Balancing is a fairly common occurrence in RPG's but nerfing a character's main selling point to nothing is excessive.

Her damage being worth nothing meant that when facing her, once her heal was used up you can afford to ignore her and leave her alone while you FF the rest of her team and deal with her last.

It's only money at the end of the day, but it's mainly the principle - given the same information now, I would not spend £40 on the pack as it would be a waste of money ^^.

While I was semi tempted by the new pack, I definitely will not be spending more money on this game in case something similar occurs in the future.

Finally for those crowing about not spending any money on a 'F2P' game - no one spends time and resources making/running a game out of the goodness of their hearts :smile:
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    I would have bought the ren pack too but no way in heck now good job ea!

Edited because double hockey sticks might upset someone who did not have over money stolen and flags it!
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have applied for refund on Heroin pack through Google.

I feel it is important to send the only message to EA that they will give attention to considering their apparent greed, and they have not been listening to all the concerns posted in these forums about lacking customer service.

If a hero was to be nerfed it was far too soon after purchase. They should not sell characters that are possibly imbalanced just to nerf them, they have enough data from soft launch to know who these heroes are.

What is a soft launch or beta test for if they need to change a product they are selling so quickly?

Hopefully any others that have been adversely affected do the same so that EA and Capital Games learn from this and improve the way they do things. If they do the amounts refunded will likely be spent on the game again.

One simple way to avoid this is to alert the customer prior to sale with a pop up and set a time frame eg:

Heroes in this pack may be subject to changes for game balance. This will not occur until 1 month after purchase.

My refund was approved by the time I finished this post.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that they axed both the percentage healed and they changed the base from being off of her HP to being based off of the character being healed HP. Doing both was excessive.

That was me: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1888/barriss-was-accidentally-double-nerfed

Cool, I think that is what happened.

Anyway, did anyone who filed on online complaint with itunes actually get a refund and how long does it usually take? Just thinking about my options here.

Google generally gets it done within 24hrs. I'd assume Apple will as well.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »

cool, do you know apples support number?
  • Bariss brings nothing to my team anymore with the nerf. Simply would not have purchased her if she was as she is now. Worse than chewbacca
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »

cool, do you know apples support number?

Click on iTunes
    Account
    Purchases
    Report issue
    Then other
    Type in what happened here
    They will respond and refund
  • FLIK87 wrote: »
    Bariss brings nothing to my team anymore with the nerf. Simply would not have purchased her if she was as she is now. Worse than chewbacca

Report it to Google/Apple, explain the cost and the changes and they will refund you.
  • billbob19 wrote: »
    FLIK87 wrote: »
    Bariss brings nothing to my team anymore with the nerf. Simply would not have purchased her if she was as she is now. Worse than chewbacca

Report it to Google/Apple, explain the cost and the changes and they will refund you.

I reported it but was not offered a refund. At least it will stop me purchasing new content for this game. What is the point if in a weeks time they change it at whim.
  • FLIK87 wrote: »
    billbob19 wrote: »
    FLIK87 wrote: »

I reported it but was not offered a refund. At least it will stop me purchasing new content for this game. What is the point if in a weeks time they change it at whim.

You have to request it. Reporting something is different than requesting a refund.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2479637?hl=en
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Resubmit

Like 50others have been
  • I reported it to Google Play and let them know my frustration, I'll followup with you all on what they say soon.

Bad move EA, just not right to nerf it that fast.....seriously I just got it on like 11/26 and its nerfed to &*^% a few weeks later?? Bad bad taste in my mouth from this. Oh and then they go and drop a $99.99 pack since you're $49.99 pack is worthless now lol........Be fair EA and Capital......
  • Koppper wrote: »
    I reported it to Google Play and let them know my frustration, I'll followup with you all on what they say soon.

Bad move EA, just not right to nerf it that fast.....seriously I just got it on like 11/26 and its nerfed to &*^% a few weeks later?? Bad bad taste in my mouth from this. Oh and then they go and drop a $99.99 pack since you're $49.99 pack is worthless now lol........Be fair EA and Capital......

Well Google Play said I'm on my own and would have to contact EA for any type of refund like this. Wow.....really sad. I'm never spending again. Funny this is, they could have gotten so much more from me, but screw it up just like this so fast........really dumb move.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Koppper wrote: »
    Koppper wrote: »
    I reported it to Google Play and let them know my frustration, I'll followup with you all on what they say soon.

Well Google Play said I'm on my own and would have to contact EA for any type of refund like this. Wow.....really sad. I'm never spending again. Funny this is, they could have gotten so much more from me, but screw it up just like this so fast........really dumb move.
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1050566?hl=en

Click here and submit a refund request stating honestly why.

My refund was approved in about 10 mins:

Sorry to hear you’re not happy with your purchase of Heroine Starter Bundle (Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes).

As a courtesy we've refunded A$79.99 to the payment method used to make the purchase.

The refund should appear in your accounts over the next several days, but may take longer depending on your bank or other payment institution. For more specific timing, I recommend contacting them directly.

You can also check the status of your refund... [removed link]

Although we occasionally grant refunds for apps or in-app purchases, we expect app developers to provide support and refunds for their own products on Google Play.

If this isn’t your first problem with this app, you may want to contact the developer directly. You can always find developer contact information in the Play Store app under the “Developer” section or in your purchase receipt.

If you have any questions, you can reply to this email or call us at the numbers listed on our Help Center:
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/?p=tfn

Thanks,
    The Google Support Team
  • Unless things have changed regarding Apple refunding policies in the last 18 months, you most definitely have the option of being refunded the cost of the Barris pack due to the short time the character has been out, and then drastically altered from what you spent money on. I've done it once before under the same circumstances in another game.

I second that. You can go through apple and get a refund, especially if there was no notice b4 hand.
  • got refund from googleplay thx to the one who post the link
  • well i hope you people's Barris gets wiped off too. :p
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Waynerz666 wrote: »
    If you think that is a nerf you have never played Marvel Puzzle Quest... There was a slight lessening of her healing to bring her on par with the other healers.. It is barely a nerf.. I say kudos to keeping things on a level playing field. She is still a must have.

You are wrong, sorry it is just as simple as that. She went from healing some of my characters about 2500-3000 down to around 600. That is not "barely a nerf".

I think she should be patched and buffed up some. Yeah she's gay af originally and needs a dip in the other direction to even her out. I think they just nerfed her harder than a nerf herder but I think they'll patch her with a buff soon (hopefully they see these posts).
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    well i hope you people's Barris gets wiped off too. :p
    I wouldn't care if they gave mine to you.

She's useless now.

And would be happy if they did. It would prove that they can modify accounts which would give them no excuse for not awarding heroes people have paid for and not received that are currently getting the run around from customer service.

Unfortunately I'm quite certain they can't adjust accounts, hence the customer service nightmare they are having currently.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Also, people who say that her healing ignores blocking, obviously have not played with or against her. Her power has two effects: equalizing the health of all players, and healing. "Unable to be healed" is completely different from "unable to be equalized". Equalizing is not healing, because the health gained by some is lost by others. And when she or any other fighter cannot be healed, then the healing part of Barris's power doesn't work (I am 100% sure of this because I've seen it), as it is intended, but the equalizing part of her power is not affected. Sidious and others prevent enemies from being healed, not from being equalized.

^This and I for one who bought the pack don't want a refund. This game has great potential and it just got out. We bought more characters which they increased in stats. Players saying baris is nerfed to useless are wrong in first place. The nerf is her healing after equalizing effect and the passive heal as leader. The heal went down from 25% to 10%, thats all. Leader ability from 6% to 3% passive. I call this buyers remorse cause honestly did you all expect to still use baris after a week or 2 nerf or not? She was fine, she is now ok. The other characters in the same pack are great now.
    I'm against the overuse of the nerfbat in general but as a pack buyer I say you guys are overreacting.
    I was not going to use her for long pre patch anyway since she isn't top 5 material eventually. If you didn't see that coming than you obviously haven't been paying attention last few days about the metashift prepatch. Also makes you look more like a pay2winner than pay2win+skiller

Go flame me for this ^^

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Bariss is now a gimmick, not a healer. Luminara is now by far the most powerful healer. If I'd known 5 days ago what I know now, I would not have bought the pack. That's why a refund is in order. If they can figure out how to return every training droid and equipment piece I've dumped into her, plus some compensation for lost time, I'd happily have them remove those characters and take my $50 back. As it seems clear they have no intention of making it right, I too will go through the play store and end up with some free useless toons and start going after Luminara.
  • SlyWalker
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Barris was only useful for her healing. Without it, they need to compensate by making her attack infinitely stronger. They have not balanced the toon, they have nerfed it hard, to the point of making her completely useless. CG must compensate those people who paid for her. Begging people to never spend again on their game doesn't sound like an effective way of doing business.

Also, people who say that her healing ignores blocking, obviously have not played with or against her. Her power has two effects: equalizing the health of all players, and healing. "Unable to be healed" is completely different from "unable to be equalized". Equalizing is not healing, because the health gained by some is lost by others. And when she or any other fighter cannot be healed, then the healing part of Barris's power doesn't work (I am 100% sure of this because I've seen it), as it is intended, but the equalizing part of her power is not affected. Sidious and others prevent enemies from being healed, not from being equalized.

I for one who bought the pack don't want a refund. This game has great potential and it just got out. We bought more characters which they increased in stats. Players saying baris is nerfed to useless are wrong in first place. The nerf is her healing after equalizing effect and the passive heal as leader. The heal went down from 25% to 10%, thats all. Leader ability from 6% to 3% passive. I call this buyers remorse cause honestly did you all expect to still use baris after a week or 2 nerf or not? She was fine, she is now ok. The other characters in the same pack are great now.
    I'm against the overuse of the nerfbat in general but as a pack buyer I say you guys are overreacting.
    Also I was not going to use her for long pre patch anyway since she isn't top 5 material eventually. If you didn't see that coming than you obviously haven't been paying attention last few days about the metashift prepatch.

Go flame me for this ^^

Removed violates TOS.
    Post edited by Hillsop on
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Geddre compensation for lost time? Gaming is about losing time, consider it prolonging replayability.
    Be glad they listen to people cause without it the game cant develop.
    If you play world of warcraft or any game and buy every expansion + pay a monthly subscription, developer changes classes every now and then, still think you get your money back?

Next thing happening is people yell to give money back because they bought crystals which they used to gear a toon. Next day toon gets nerfed to improve gameplay (just like every other rpg) and you want to be compensated?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    As I have written several times I am pretty annoyed about this excessive and unnecessary nerf. That said I probably will not ask for a refund. Barris and Asajj have had a major impact on my game play over the last three weeks. Also anyone who thinks that barris is now useless is basically saying they have no idea how to run galactic wars.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Actually the only reason I am even tempted to ask for a refund is that I am sure this is the only way I could express my annoyance in a way that the company will actually care about. I probably still won't.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    @Geddre compensation for lost time? Gaming is about losing time, consider it prolonging replayability.
    Be glad they listen to people cause without it the game cant develop.
    If you play world of warcraft or any game and buy every expansion + pay a monthly subscription, developer changes classes every now and then, still think you get your money back?

Next thing happening is people yell to give money back because they bought crystals which they used to gear a toon. Next day toon gets nerfed to improve gameplay (just like every other rpg) and you want to be compensated?

you can get refunds for crystals bought to power up bariss. Any money spent on her can be refunded
  • They just introduced brand new characters and increased the power of countering Jedi, I don't think the Nerf was needed.
This discussion has been closed.