DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Dark_Light wrote: »
    Dumpster fire anyone?

Fire can keep you warm....so it at least serves a functional purpose. DSTB....not so much.
  • Not really. It may be the final straw for some, but I doubt people went from happy to rage quit based on a bug that like most things will get ironed out and fixed.
  • Meh. We got 16* in the light side TB, we’re going to get 16* in this very buggy dark side TB.

Give me stuff if you want. I’d rather the bugs were fixed. Otherwise I ain’t mad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I would Like CG to pull DS TB and bring it back in late Jan or Early Feb. just take your time and get it right.

I agree. Take your time and get it right.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    Like someone above, in wave 2(!) of bottom combat mission, zKylo was stuck against rebel spy, soldier and captain (all elite). 20 minutes of manual play and 13 minutes of 4x auto and I was no further forward.

The enemy kept coming out of stun and gaining full TM. How is that possible or fair?

And for the small band of CG apologists out there, my zKylo is g12. If a g12 toon can neither kill or be killed, something is gravely wrong.

By no means am I saying it's fair, but it's from the p5 platoons. Which I've heard is bugged anyway because completing those platoons doesn't actually remove the 40% (more like 99% amirite?) chance that they remove debuffs at the start of their turn.

I see what you mean. The "Rebel Supply Lines" strategic ability says that there's a 60% chance chance they dispel all debuffs at the start of their turn if you don't get 2/6 platoons filled. (And who managed that?!) Well, it won't satisfy the apologists, but I watched literally hundreds (thousands, even) of rebels coming out of stun and the %age of times that this dispel landed was WAY more than 60%.

• charlyw64 wrote: »
    You can fix that deployment bug in the middle of the ongoing TB but were unable to fix the major issues that took away all the enjoyment of the TB? And the previous issue of having a lot of users not being able to use the game for a day and the workaround (not found by you but by the reddit community) resulting in data loss (iOS network reset means you lose all stored wifi passwords). Had I not have different means of communication with my guild I would have possibly been booted because of missing guild requirements that day. You should be ashamed to turn up and make a mountain out of the mole hill of the tiny exploit.

Sorry, I am working in the software industry and if I were to deliver a buggy product and if the bug weren‘t caught before release by QA testing (highly unlikely, even casual checking by the developers should have caught the basic bugs if the test server isn‘t loaded with all accounts toons g12 plus every available zeta), beta testers (real users that aren’t employed but get benefits by enrolling into the beta tests and which have seperate servers for that, highly unlikely again to miss major issues) then I am either working night and day to remedy the situation or seeking new employment.

But one thing would happen immediately no matter what I do: Management would pull the release and revert to the previous stable release to not endanger the customers data - we always have a way back.

What you demonstrate is shoddy workmanship, poor communication and even worse management of the issues! A disgrace to the profession of software development!

The fix will be rolled out for the next LS TB.
  • Nerf_dat_herf
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I wish we could have some expectation of an answer of why this was even released. This wasn't a fun experience over the holiday weekend and we have gotten nothing from the people who released it. What would would awesome would be a town hall with a member of the business team to provide explanations.
  • Deleting posts about being frustrated is really frustrating.
  • Response should now be changed to "or lack thereof".
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Maegor wrote: »
    Like someone above, in wave 2(!) of bottom combat mission, zKylo was stuck against rebel spy, soldier and captain (all elite). 20 minutes of manual play and 13 minutes of 4x auto and I was no further forward.

The enemy kept coming out of stun and gaining full TM. How is that possible or fair?

And for the small band of CG apologists out there, my zKylo is g12. If a g12 toon can neither kill or be killed, something is gravely wrong.

By no means am I saying it's fair, but it's from the p5 platoons. Which I've heard is bugged anyway because completing those platoons doesn't actually remove the 40% (more like 99% amirite?) chance that they remove debuffs at the start of their turn.

I see what you mean. The "Rebel Supply Lines" strategic ability says that there's a 60% chance chance they dispel all debuffs at the start of their turn if you don't get 2/6 platoons filled. (And who managed that?!) Well, it won't satisfy the apologists, but I watched literally hundreds (thousands, even) of rebels coming out of stun and the %age of times that this dispel landed was WAY more than 60%.

oh, we got 2/6 in both mid and bottom, so that's probably why I'm seeing 40%. Still, it felt like a much higher percentage in every battle than 40%.
  • Still no response of any substance?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Still no response of any substance?

Saw a screenshot of a suspended account this morning though..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Still no response of any substance?

Saw a screenshot of a suspended account this morning though..

Where?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

It's just shy of 8am at the studio. Expect announcements in the afternoon, if at all.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    leef wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Regardless though, it's probably their loss since players are just going to ignore the platoons and become even less likely to spend cash to fill them.
    Well, that's what i hope will happen/is happening.

This is the burnout issue I've been talking about here. The faster content releases (toons and events) get with no major reductions to material and crystal and grind time and the more and more packs that get released alongside them, the harder I think it will be to sustain interested long term. I bet they see just enough spikes in cash flow with each release to not stop now, but strongly suspect this will be the end result without some overhauls or slowing down frequency of packs and toons (not amount, but frequency).

I wasn't going in that deep. More like players buy a character because they think it's cool, end up having to platoon it in TB to help their guild because they're the only one that bought said character. That's gotta make you think twice the next time you're considering buying a character.
    Characters aren't cheap, especially when you can't even use them in the most recent game mode.
    Want to test out how well your new and shiny kylo unmasked FO team or Talzin NS team do in DS TB phase 5/6? nuh uhhh, platoons those badboys!!

It is not only about paid chars. Put Shore, Krenic, Thrawn, Deathtroper into platoons and try to play CMs without them. That is fun:)

Yea, that too, but that doesnt hurt their bottom line ;)

It's the bottom line that concerns me. It seems to affect what the devs can, and cannot do. It was my understanding that the devs aren't able to make changes to an active TB.
    So let's see if I get this right...CG can't fix obvious bugs, that would improve our experience 1000%, in an active TB, as stated by the almighty Kosi, but they can fix an exploit that gets people more rewards, in an active TB.

/Facepalm
    This guy has a point. It seems like they don't have the ability to make changes to an active TB, like getting rid of buggy platoons, but then all of the sudden gain the ability to make changes to an active TB, like fixing exploits, while still lacking the ability to make changes to an active TB, like fixing buggy platoons/combat missions.
    Am I missing something?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Regardless though, it's probably their loss since players are just going to ignore the platoons and become even less likely to spend cash to fill them.

This is the burnout issue I've been talking about here. The faster content releases (toons and events) get with no major reductions to material and crystal and grind time and the more and more packs that get released alongside them, the harder I think it will be to sustain interested long term. I bet they see just enough spikes in cash flow with each release to not stop now, but strongly suspect this will be the end result without some overhauls or slowing down frequency of packs and toons (not amount, but frequency).

I wasn't going in that deep. More like players buy a character because they think it's cool, end up having to platoon it in TB to help their guild because they're the only one that bought said character. That's gotta make you think twice the next time you're considering buying a character.
    Characters aren't cheap, especially when you can't even use them in the most recent game mode.
    Want to test out how well your new and shiny kylo unmasked FO team or Talzin NS team do in DS TB phase 5/6? nuh uhhh, platoons those badboys!!

It is not only about paid chars. Put Shore, Krenic, Thrawn, Deathtroper into platoons and try to play CMs without them. That is fun:)

It's the bottom line that concerns me. It seems to affect what the devs can, and cannot do. It was my understanding that the devs aren't able to make changes to an active TB.
    So let's see if I get this right...CG can't fix obvious bugs, that would improve our experience 1000%, in an active TB, as stated by the almighty Kosi, but they can fix an exploit that gets people more rewards, in an active TB.

/Facepalm
    This guy has a point. It seems like they don't have the ability to make changes to an active TB, like getting rid of buggy platoons, but then all of the sudden gain the ability to make changes to an active TB, like fixing exploits, while still lacking the ability to make changes to an active TB, like fixing buggy platoons/combat missions.
    Am I missing something?

It's DoubleThink - c'mon keep up. We've always been at war with East Asia. TB as always been changeable when it's required. Arena as never been adultered with - despite the fact we saw that it's damage (at least) is being adjusted by the devs. I mean.. never been adjusted. Has been, is being, will be... Always adjusted...
    ::Submits himself to the Ministry of Spoons Love for voluntary interrogation::
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

/Facepalm
    Am I missing something?

It's DoubleThink - c'mon keep up. We've always been at war with East Asia. TB as always been changeable when it's required. Arena as never been adultered with - despite the fact we saw that it's damage (at least) is being adjusted by the devs. I mean.. never been adjusted. Has been, is being, will be... Always adjusted...
    ::Submits himself to the Ministry of Spoons Love for voluntary interrogation::

Haha! Didn’t see you doing your exercises this morning either!

Nope
  • So basically no apologies, give reward to all cheating guilds if you manage to get said rewards and an unknown element regarding banning of people ... quite frankly this doesn’t make me feel good.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Meh. We got 16* in the light side TB, we’re going to get 16* in this very buggy dark side TB.

Give me stuff if you want. I’d rather the bugs were fixed. Otherwise I ain’t mad.

It's almost like your combat performance and careful planning matter much less than just deploying all your GP.

• more than 4,5 hours have passed. Are we really gonna have to wait another 20 hours ?
  • Still no response.
  • Greenmojo wrote: »
    more than 4,5 hours have passed. Are we really gonna have to wait another 20 hours ?

Home time on the west coast!
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Our team is working on a server release today that will slowly roll out a fix that'll address Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. This fix will do its work in the background, so players will NOT require a client restart of their game. Let is know if you encounter any issues.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action on accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

As always, we appreciate your patience and reports in regards to this serious issue. Battle on!

I thought it wasn't possible to make changes to TB while it was going on?

It wasn't possible.... until the wrong guild was in first place then Cg made it possible to fix it live during TB. Had the correct guild been in first place they would have stuck with the we can't fix it story.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think this game should be this difficult with only the very best players, who know how to assemble smart teams, win.

You shouldn't be able to just win if you put any G11 team out there. Like the other trashy site / sub has multiple nonsensical threads about "I used my G11 original FO team and lost!!". I too have the "original FO team" (minus KRU) but was smart enough to know they wouldn't work.
  • Someone dropped the ball with this update.
    Now they should just remove ds tb until January. Fix the issues, then re-release it

But in the meantime give us all a free new good 7 star ds character in place of the missed rewards. We deserve something right?

Im a big dolphin here. Lol
  • Well it was a poor release but at least people now getting the rewards they’ve earned.
  • @Carth_Onassi1973

This game became much more fun for me when I quit spending. When I was spending a lot of money, these type of things would infuriate me. Now, I comment on them, but that's all the thought I give it. Stress free.

Me too @FierceRevan , brother, you ain’t kiddin’.

• What a nightmare. They are still blaming players for their mistake.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • What a nightmare. They are still blaming players for their mistake.

100% yes players who did this have received punishment and can't access the game anymore

Players who did not do this are still waiting for their rewards but that's much lower on the to do list