Lies, deception, nope just laziness, nope not laziness just trying to satisfy the masses.

The DS TB has generated a lot of negative feedback in regards to difficulty and requirements (platoons vs. combat missions). That being said it's my personal opinion that the problems are not due to the powers that be trying to get one over on us or being lazy. The problems come from trying to hurry up and please a relentless hoard of whiners crying for more. Which does them (the devs) no good, because no matter how hard they try to please everyone there will always be people that want to chastise and criticize their hard work. We should be ever so grateful and honored that they work so hard to try to keep us happy. Thanks devs for all you do. I love the constant updates!!!

Replies

• I don't mind if it's hard and if there are platoon character requirements that are trapped behind a paywall. I am completely fine if doing well at a component of the game will take some building up. I don't get a great feeling if we are led to believe that it isn't working as intended though, I don't get a great feeling if the missions are awarding fewer points than the devs intended.
    If it's hard to start with, by design like the AAT, that's great. We will get there eventually. This doesn't smell like that though.
  • No. All of this was purely accidental, I believe. They will make proper adjustments to things as soon as they can. I have faith in them.
  • Yet another, ‘Thank you sir, may I have another’ soldier.
  • Yep. I think they do a great job with this game. Sorry you don't. Millennials...
  • Hi all,
    it would have been much better if they would have taken more time to develop a tested release with a new environment and more time before the release to get the darkside prepared for this TB.
    Actually we have (if all chars maxed to G12) only have the GP in dark side toons than light side.
    The old dark side chars would have needed some rework like GG, Droids, Separatists and so on.
    Also bounty hunters wohl need a Tank and a healer to be really competitive.

This whole release was only to pressure players to buy up more chars for GP. At the end it was in some cases also useless to buy chars up. I had Colonell Starck 5 stars and Zeta Veers and a trooper group with 78k strength. I got busted in round 1 of the droid mission.
    To threaten players for playing this release and as bug and cheating is also not the right way.(just to mention that I didn't use this) It would be better to release a tested version without such enourmous bugs. Other publishers are also able to release games where you will not be fined to play the game as they release it.

All this haste to release content so fast just to sell more and more crystals. The effect I can see is that each week I can watch many hardcore spenders leaving the game. Why don't we get some more time to play DSTB before you release the TWs??? It makes no sense to put in all this new content at one point. Better try to fix old problems, rework the older chars and maybe take some feedback from the players.

Give us content that is worth playing it and take some more time before a release than afterwards withdraw content (like 7 star mods).

May the force be with you.

Cirrus
  • Spend more time in the QA phase before releasing a build. Maybe beta more because there's too many issues and it's not fun
  • Nol_el_en wrote: »
    Yet another, ‘Thank you sir, may I have another’ soldier.

That's funny.

I have to disagree with OP though, I feel like this wasn't a "mistake" of any sort. Anyone who plays this game (as we can assume play-testers would do) could sit down and devise better platoon structures in five minutes than what we're seeing here.

When it comes to platoons....

Dark Side Ships and FO characters that were just released a week or so ago? Check!
    Nightsister characters that only the most ardent spenders are going to have starred, and whose shards are obtainable pretty much only whenever they feel like tossing us some? Check!
    Character that released right alongside the very TB itself? Check!

How can anyone look at this and say this is "just a mistake"? I'd say it's nearly impossible to argue otherwise that they didn't simply look at the roster and say "Well, which characters are people most likely not to have unless they bought/buy them? Aha, let's use those."

As for the difficulty....

I know my Dark Side has been neglected and isn't up to par, so I surely expected to struggle until I could improve them.. However, there are people in my guild who have resisted the meta and went after every Dark Side character available and maxed them out... And they're still losing. That doesn't make me feel like I should be working on my Dark Side Characters, that makes me feel like I shouldn't even bother and should just be happy enough with the 3/4 Phases I can complete now, because the investment to do more just doesn't seem worth it, even if it's obtainable at all.

• Agreed
    Hi all,
    it would have been much better if they would have taken more time to develop a tested release with a new environment and more time before the release to get the darkside prepared for this TB.
    Actually we have (if all chars maxed to G12) only have the GP in dark side toons than light side.
    The old dark side chars would have needed some rework like GG, Droids, Separatists and so on.

This whole release was only to pressure players to buy up more chars for GP. At the end it was in some cases also useless to buy chars up. I had Colonell Starck 5 stars and Zeta Veers and a trooper group with 78k strength. I got busted in round 1 of the droid mission.
    To threaten players for playing this release and as bug and cheating is also not the right way.(just to mention that I didn't use this) It would be better to release a tested version without such enourmous bugs. Other publishers are also able to release games where you will not be fined to play the game as they release it.

All this haste to release content so fast just to sell more and more crystals. The effect I can see is that each week I can watch many hardcore spenders leaving the game. Why don't we get some more time to play DSTB before you release the TWs??? It makes no sense to put in all this new content at one point. Better try to fix old problems, rework the older chars and maybe take some feedback from the players.

Give us content that is worth playing it and take some more time before a release than afterwards withdraw content (like 7 star mods).

Cirrus

• I used a maxed out dark side team all omega and 3 zeta and got killed on the first wave.
    Z2gop wrote: »
    Agreed
    Hi all,

Cirrus