Territory War Ties [Merged]

Prev13456722
Prophet
20 posts Member
edited December 2017
So, just to compute, how many of you guys ended-up in a tie as a result of the Territory War?

We really liked it as a guild but we realized that there will be a lot of ties. EA/CG may need to find ways to fix this.

MOD: Going to merge topics about ties in TW here, there are some good ideas out there, so lets hear em!

(in this thread please so I don't have to merge em ;) )
Post edited by TyloRen on

Replies

• I know we won't be the only ones but a tie is a real kick to the sandwich bags. Could we add defensive or offensive loss points to help break the difference otherwise, why not just throw the match as the rewards difference isn't that big and ur going to get 2nd place anyway...
  • Why not just skip the whole process and send the rewards to our inbox?

Seriously, though, this needs some sort of tie breaker. GvG is a highly anticipated feature that finally could put a rest to the debate of which guild is the “best”. Instead, any match between two high level guilds will very likely end in a tie. We need something that isn’t completely arbitrary (like your ally code or plain rng) to decide the match.

All that being said, this is a great feature. I loved facing all sorts of different teams. I loved setting defensive teams. I want to see TW succeed and the player base be happy with it.
  • What he said
  • Get used to it. After the dust settles almost all of the TW matchups will end in a tie. At the end of the day it comes down to the same old Human vs. AI.
  • yossgold wrote: »
    Get used to it. After the dust settles almost all of the TW matchups will end in a tie. At the end of the day it comes down to the same old Human vs. AI.

It doesn't seem that difficult to add a loss feature so losing on offense deducted points or something.
  • We definitely set our defs too easy, but it seems like ties could become pretty common. Maybe total number of attacks could be a good tiebreaker, however it will be too impacted by game crashes
  • We killed them first. We win. Still have several players that didn't get a chance to participate because we killed them all too fast.
  • yossgold
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    ‘sup EA/CG.

First of all, enjoying TW so far, it’s a lot of fun and very refreshing.

One MAJOR issue is arising is that very soon almost every matchup will end on a draw.

Why? Because after ironing out the limited strategies there are and first time mistakes, it will eventually boil back down to the fact that when humans face AI, they will always have the advantage.

I find it hard to believe this game mode stays interesting once the novelty wears off if most matchups become a “full guild doing a Galactic Wars campaign”, especially when the consistent prize for completing it will be 2nd place.

But, my grandma always told me that I should never talk about a problem without offering a solution and in this case it’s a pretty simple one.

Award banners for defensive holds too. If this is done, a draw is still possible, but it will be the anomaly rather than the norm (which is what is trending to be the case) and will only happen when two guilds that are truly equal both strategically and on roster and in that case, just like in Chess, a draw is acceptable.

Hope this gets considered.
  • Same with us, we cleared board in less than 2 hrs and it took them 8ish, which is fine but we watched them struggle with our defense. It only took 17 of us to clear there board. The other 33 members of our guild came later to a cleared tw. But it equals 2nd place.
  • +1 For Sure!
  • dilli dilli
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    this, this a million times this!
  • Great idea!
  • Nice idea, I'd also love a little counter next to a defensive squad showing how many battles they've survived. My favourite suggestion so far is that in the event of a Tie, Guild Leaders face off 1 v. 1.

I think the initial TW announcement implied more features would be implemented later, these may lead to ties being far less common.
  • Honestly I think defensive teams holding is a better banner. And a lot more pride with that - obviously it’s who’s going against them but any type of defense on ai is awesome. And if I were I. A guild where I was top dude defensively I wouldn’t shut up about it lol
  • TW

Pros: Really fun and challenging.

Cons:The tie thing really make defense useless for similar GP guild. Pretty sure every similar team will get a tie. Successful defense should give at least one point. That is an easy way to make defense fun and also a tie breaker solution.

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I agree but given how garbage this TW content is I really don’t care enough.
  • +1
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Asic wrote: »

you cared enough to respond here ;)
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »

you cared enough to respond here ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

• +1
  • +1

They could even take it a step further to include some sort of tie breaker rule. One possibility could be to make the guild that used less gp to get to that tie take the win. That would award the guild that used better theory crafting to get the most out of their characters.
  • Agreed
  • Deadalus
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    That's a good idea, EA can just assign points for character defeat, so for guilds that use a lot of suicide teams they will be giving points to the defense. Then it shouldn't be a huge change for EA since they already have similar system implemented from before, that kitten friend point refresh pvp mode forgot the name of it already.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • DarthMauly wrote: »
    My favourite suggestion so far is that in the event of a Tie, Guild Leaders face off 1 v. 1.

That would be awesome!! Though not necessarily guild leader, rather designated tribe warrior :)
  • In the case of a draw, there’s two options: 1) offer a single tiebreaker round btw two elected guild members, or 2) reward both guilds #1 rewards because both guilds EARNED it through strategy and execution. The latter is preferred because it honors true gamer-ship for all. More so, it’s less complaints from all devoted players by listening to us. You know we are right!
  • I agree. In the mean time they could just give both teams 1st place rewards for a tie.
  • TW

Pros: Really fun and challenging.

Cons:The tie thing really make defense useless for similar GP guild. Pretty sure every similar team will get a tie. Successful defense should give at least one point. That is an easy way to make defense fun and also a tie breaker solution.

I totally agree. It was very enjoyable and has potential but we really need a to minimize ties. At this point why waste time and just take the loss for 2nd place and not have to do anything. Even if you put ur best defense out the other team will be able plow through it given enough time. The best solution seems to be adding points for a defensive win.
  • +1
  • +1 here too