Finally a new game mode that is fun to play

ludwignasche
86 posts Member
edited December 2017
I'm really enjoying TW

No repetitive teams, not so easy as the ruined GW, team work, strategy ... I'm loving it and giving zetas as rewards is also great.

I've complained about how boring was TB and how GW became a joke, this time they nailed it!

Congrats
Post edited by ludwignasche on

Replies

• I disagree. I find it boring and sort of confusing. Its like Tournaments only worse because if you choose not to do it, your letting your guild down.
  • This is amazing. Fresh, and exactly what we needed. A+
  • OP do u work for ea?

Besides the crashing, unbalanced match ups, multiple bugged screens, accidental setting of defensive teams without a undo option, and like 15 other things ya it's great.

I'm assuming there is a 25% change you also won't get any rewards for this mode as well so I'm glad tour liking it but the fact it isn't a colossal failure and just a failure must have conditioned you to have the very lowest possible expectations if you think this is GREAT
  • How is it confusing? Lol
  • I agree. It actually involves some strategy and is pretty fun
  • This is a nightmare for officers. I hate TW so far. The team they matched us against is way more powerful. They've beat 4 of our territories and we can't even beat 1. They have several Kenobi and Lukes, and a hermit Yoda. We have zero kenobi, no Yoda and only 6 Luke. It's supposed to count points for successful defenses, but it's not and us officers are working overtime trying to coordinate 44 other people. This thing is busted from the start
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I like it, and getting good feedback from guild. Nice to see them so positive for a change! So tired of seeing top players getting burned out and quitting.
  • I agree with OP. So far it's been really fun, coming up with tactics, seeing the different combos of characters and ships people use.

This is great, worth the wait, I'm sure there will be some bugs, but this is the best thing this game has come out with since I downloaded it.

Kudos to the team.
  • This is a nightmare for officers. I hate TW so far. The team they matched us against is way more powerful. They've beat 4 of our territories and we can't even beat 1. They have several Kenobi and Lukes, and a hermit Yoda. We have zero kenobi, no Yoda and only 6 Luke. It's supposed to count points for successful defenses, but it's not and us officers are working overtime trying to coordinate 44 other people. This thing is busted from the start

Seems like just bad strategy, no offense. We beat our heads on one of the areas before opening the window next to it. After that we wrecked shop. We have no Kenobi's no Raid Hand, no Luke, no Hermit Yoda.
  • Unless you guild is put in a significant disadvantage in match up.
  • I'm really enjoying TW

No repetitive teams, not so easy as the ruined GW, team work, strategy ... I'm loving it and giving zetas as rewards is also great.

I've complained about how boring was TB and how GW became a joke, this time they nailed it!

Congrats

This is part of the reason that GW was scaled back. There are only so many things their average customer has time for in a day. I've done more GWs than I ever care to do again. And I like this better.
    Sentia wrote: »
    I disagree. I find it boring and sort of confusing. Its like Tournaments only worse because if you choose not to do it, your letting your guild down.

I did 4 serious attacks, and 3 scrub team attacks. Didn't take that long. And that isn't even necessary. If I didn't have time today I could have put my whole roster on defense, and let my guild mates worry about offense. And win or lose, the rewards aren't drastically different. Worth fighting for, but not a big deal if you lose. That's nothing like tournaments. Tournaments required money, and 24 straight hours tied to your phone. You needed hundreds of attacks to have a chance, and people who couldn't do that got screwed out of huge rewards. This is everything good about tournaments without all the stuff that was hated.
  • wvuparker
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm loving it so far and I'm not even sure if my guild is going to win...

Finally some strategery in a game of strategery!

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    It's fun but any guilds over 100-105M will just tie most of the time.

No, you don't get points for successful defenses, you get points for fielding a team for defense.

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Maegor wrote: »

This... our guild is 111m gp, got matched with a 112gp guild... we both cleared out each others tiles with no effort.
    Post edited by DoomeyEyes on
  • I am loving this new mode and I play casual. Teamwork for rewards, competition, strategy but really fun and stress free for my casual guild. Very cool. Thanks for that CG!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • A lot of fun. Great addition

While they are beatable but may take a couple of squads, this can put some guilds at a disadvantage. This is more down to how galactic power is determined per toon though. What makes a toon strong and op in game is not resulting in those toons having high gp, but that's always needed work since the revised calculations were introduced and they were all over the place

But as a new mode, it is really good. As has been said before, we're facing all sorts of different squads, using lots of different squads of our own and successful guilds will be those that work together well.
  • I dont think our opponents had anything left in the kit for the 13 GK/Zarriss/zermit we had waiting in the second last phase
  • This TW has been really fun for my guild and I.

Thanks!
  • kore
    30 posts Member
    I have to agree with the OP, you guys did right by this mode. Our whole guild finds this mode fun, not that we were without concern. You guys take a lot of crap (and rightly so) but good job on Territory Wars.

Cheers!
  • Maegor wrote: »

That is true, but it is fun to play.

• TW is as good as the first DS TB was bad. Not even mad about ties because it will probably be fixed soon. Great work on this new mode. It has rejuvenated our entire guild. We barely scratched the surface on strategy and were able to put up a decent defense while clearing our opponent's full board.