really, is it that difficult to let both sides get #1 in the event of a tie for TW?

title.

Although I admit there will be a huge load of collusion it's still better than both getting #2.

Replies

• If both get #2, there is no point putting much effort in.
  • exactly.
  • I would love to see either 2 scenarios...

1. Give points for a succesful defense, (therefore a defense could earn many points).

Or

2. Only 1 battle per defensive squad...whoever is left standong gets the points and you lose the territory points since there was at least one team left in the territory.

This will help alleviate the ties and brings a new element to stratgey and who and where to atrack, and how to set defenses.
  • There is a tiebreaker. In our match both sides cleared but our opponent has 10 more points than us. I don’t know what the tiebreaker is but there is one. I think whichever side has the most unused gp after clearing the other side’s defense should win.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    It’s definitely something that needs to be addressed. Top gp guilds will always end up in a tie thus not getting the tw achievements. Simple fix is just give either bonus for defending or a penalty for not clearing a squad on first try really the same thing but should be easy to code. @CG_Kozispoon can you please look into this Territory Wars is by far the bes feature in game now and is tainted severely with ties . There will still be a chance at a tie with fixes I suggested but at least it’s a small chance right now it’s 100 percent chance at a tie in any guild over 100 mil galactic power. I will be extremely surprised if there’s 1 victory in any guild over 100 mil gp
  • Jeffo wrote: »
    There is a tiebreaker. In our match both sides cleared but our opponent has 10 more points than us. I don’t know what the tiebreaker is but there is one. I think whichever side has the most unused gp after clearing the other side’s defense should win.

Well, maybe your opponent put one defence team extra, so it got +20points. You beat that team so got +10points. But in overall they have +10 even all zones are cleared.

I think key for not getting tie is putting uber strong teams in defence in first zones. Our guild winning nicely, because opponents burned way too many teams in first zones.
  • No we both started yesterday with a full defense. We think they finished first and got some 10 point bonus. It ended while I was sleeping.
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Jeffo wrote: »
    No we both started yesterday with a full defense. We think they finished first and got some 10 point bonus. It ended while I was sleeping.

Nope..we tied with our opponent and they finished before us.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    No we both started yesterday with a full defense. We think they finished first and got some 10 point bonus. It ended while I was sleeping.

That's not how it works. There was definitely an extra defence placed on their part you missed. There's no finish first bonus or tiebreaker.
  • Another option could be:
    It costs 1 point each timer you enter with a team regardless of size.
    At the end of the tb you deduct the x amount of points you have used with team attacks from your total earnings and the winner would be the team that has used the least amount of attacks if it is a tie
  • There are simple solutions, like the remaining GP, the number of battles lost, the guild with less overall gp wins...but something.

You can't make both teams win on a tie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • Ties suck. We tied our first TW. It has left us much less excited for future TWs. More importantly, I feel no urge to spend for TW because it feels inevitable that we'll tie any way.

Love the remaining GP tiebreaker idea.

On another note, I worry about the matchmaking algorithm. There are only so many guilds with similar GP; will we just fight the same guilds over and over? They need to open up the range for matchmaking more. Base rewards on the GP of the stronger guild so the losing guild gets some reward for their disadvantage, or give the stronger guild a handicap of some sort.
  • Well... like this its pretty simple. Just talk with the other guild and make an agreement. So alternate the winner on the next encounter against that guild. This way no guild is losing anything but every second run a guild is getting advanced rewards. Easy stuff. So one guild just need to get the 600 tickets and saves time, the other get better rewards an this alternating. If EA doesnt want to implement a useful solution i think this is what will happen...
  • A guild should be allowed to use just 24 offensive teams to attack a territory, getting a 1 flag penalty for each team used after that.

That should be enough to eliminate most ties.
  • Any top 100 guild that didn’t tie btw?
  • Jeffo
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    JaggedJ wrote: »

That's not how it works. There was definitely an extra defence placed on their part you missed. There's no finish first bonus or tiebreaker.

We think we found the problem. Our side is actually minus 10 from the perfect full score and one of ours had the game crash when he finished a battle. He thought it appeared he didn't get credit for the completed victory. So somehow we completed the territory without getting credit for one of the victories.
  • Chatting with other guilds, it seems that only way to not tie is a bug - team is defeated but banners not awarded. Happens:
    1) win in last second
    2) app crash of some type in certain time..
  • That seems to be what happened. We have 2nd right now so our rewards aren't going to change with a tie so it's no big deal to us. I can't believe how easy it was to tie.
  • Ties both win would be good.
    Most guilds are not top 100 (so most probably won't have this happen as a problem).
    This would encourage collusion in order to both win (well, at least among the nice guilds).
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    JaggedJ wrote: »

We think we found the problem. Our side is actually minus 10 from the perfect full score and one of ours had the game crash when he finished a battle. He thought it appeared he didn't get credit for the completed victory. So somehow we completed the territory without getting credit for one of the victories.

We had the same problem, missing 10. If the opposing team got the full amount of possible points, we didn't miss anything on defense (they couldn't get the maximum points if a battle was missing), and we cleared the whole board, so why are we missing 10 points?

Y6UtFeg.jpg

• Nightlores wrote: »
    Any top 100 guild that didn’t tie btw?

Check leaderboard there seems to have been quite a few guild above 100m that didn't tie