The Great Credit Famine of 2016

Not to beat a dead horse. EA please tell us that you are looking into doing something about the credit situation.

It's 24 energy for a Base of 8.4K. You can run 2 level 6 cantina battles for 24 energy and get 10K guaranteed.

There is absolutely no incentive to run these events in their current state.

Maybe you were trying to make the Credit pack more appealing, but it definitely is not. 595 Crystals for 525K credit is not appealing at all.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Again, they were not designed for you to run them. They were designed for you to get frustrated by how awful they are and then waste money on crystals to buy droids and credits in the store.
    That's the beginning and end of the wonderful "keycard event overhaul" we were promised. And also why not one single response has been made by anyone at CG to complaints about these new "events" in over a week (that I have seen at least).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I agree, I know I have mentioned this in most of my posts but it is getting harder and harder to move forward in the game without any credits! I've just had to save for 3 days to promote Sidious to 6 stars and most of my credits today will go on promoting Jedi Guardian to 4 stars. With these horrible new events there are simply not enough credits available to promote characters, level characters and craft high end gear. I really really wish someone from the development team would put a post out on this as I have seen so many people bring it up. Lots of new character announcements etc but seeing as you need about 2 million credits to take a new character to level 70 I don't see the point in going for any new characters until we have a viable means of income. Also I notice on the latest update next week it will add XP to th events, that doesn't really help level 70 people which most of us that post on here seem to be now (I will be hitting level 70 tomorrow morning once I complete my daily challenges)
  • Disclaimer: some of you will see this exact post word for word in anoher thread. Reposting here to prove a point because that's how **** I am.

I have 197 credits right now. In one patch they got rid of the sell feature for no reason, (so now I'm stuck with in some cases 150+ pieces of select equipment that I will never use), the key card challenges, and made GW almost impossible to get more than halfway through. I couldnprobably finish a GW if I could level and promote my toons, but oh yeah I have no credits to do so. I have had my Phasma at 100 shards for over a week but was never anywhere near the 1mil credits needed to promote her. I understand that the devs need some income to keep it going, but come on. This last patch, every single change you guys made was focused on money. Every single one. This last patch had like 2 bug fixes and that was it. Even the new yoda event.. Seriously? You need a full 5 jedi team and then you drop a $60 jedi bundle in the store? You guys aren't even being subtle about it. You're flat out telling your player-base to **** off and that you don't give a ****. I'm forced to use all of my crystals every day on credit packs now just to be able to stay afloat. I'm level 65 and my highest character is 61. I can't even afford to use the huge inventory of training droids I have. **** move guys. Really **** move
  • Seriously. I have a 7* waiting on promotion and a 4* waiting as well. Either up the credit output or give us the option to refresh GW for crystals. Thanks.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    there is actually a trick to having a reasonable amount of credits... i dont spend any money on this game, i am completely free to play, and i stopped buying card packs with my crystals, and ive never been below 2 million credits cause i dont have enough characters to spend money on. I mean yes i have a reasonable roster, but at one point i had built up to 5 million credits. i seem to earn a little more than i spend.

Of course one other reason for this is likely also the fact that half my characters are basically not leveled cause i dont have the training droids for it, but still i have money....
  • @DJC_Chris @V8tt

Dude, waiting 3 days to promote sidings is nothing. Try playing clash of clans and take 7 days farming enough gold for a inferno tower..... Then wait another 14 days for it to be built. You're probably looking at 3 weeks in total wait for one item.

Now put th at in perspective the time to wait in star wars is not that long - you get 500k for completing GW every day if you can and bounty hunter challenge 3 times a week so that's a potential of 3.25 million credits per week. So assuming you're already lv70 that leaves you enough scope to level up a few toons and take 1 or 2 to 7 stars per week.

It's a farming game in all and when the level cap increases it's likely to be more difficult to increase levels as it should be. In relation to other mobile games of this type I think the wait times based around credits are reasonable. If you want it sooner buy the credits, If not a few days wait per character is the standard
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • I have to agree I have to plan ahead on what I'm going to do and with what toon then save my credits for a couple days to a week.
  • I've been sitting at level 70 for a while and I think the credits are fine. Don't level up/promote too many heroes at the same time and finish your gw and bounty hunter challenges. I have multiple heroes sitting at 150/65 waiting to be promoted to 6*, but I actually don't need them right now so they can wait. Spend your resources wisely
  • I really miss the keycard locked events. For that I could prepare ahead of time to dump energy with one or two refills a couple times a week. Now with the garbage events its not even worth recharging energy.
  • I'll trade credits for Rey shards ;)
  • Give US a possibility to make money!!!
    I've been sitting at level 70 for a while and I think the credits are fine. Don't level up/promote too many heroes at the same time and finish your gw and bounty hunter challenges. I have multiple heroes sitting at 150/65 waiting to be promoted to 6*, but I actually don't need them right now so they can wait. Spend your resources wisely

That is not the point. Ressources should be balanced: I have 4 Mio. Credits but I have Training droids for more than 7 Mio. Credits. And this mismatch increases every day. I have no possibility to gain enough credits to reduce this gap. And it will grow a lot in the Moment when I use my 4 Mio. Credits to promote chars.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    I agree credits are too hard to come by. I've been at lvl 70 for probably a month and I have 4 lvl 70 characters, with another 6 or 7 sloooowly getting leveled up. It's getting annoying.

My suggestions: greatly improve the credit event and increase the rewards for all light/dark side missions. At least with the latter, farming for gear gives a mild credit reward too.
  • One and a half month of massive critics about the missing possibilities to gain money and nothing happens :-1

Feedback forum seems to be only a Placebo... :- (
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    I've got to say, much of my credit famine is due to having a hard time winning the Galactic War. Now that I recently read about the "retreat" option and how it works, I've won the GW 4 days in a row (after a 3 week losing streak).

To those that don't know, retreating in GW resets everything back to the point before you entered the battle. This lets you try different toons and/or tactics to win the battle. The trick is you have to retreat before the round is over. So if you bring a bunch of weak toons, you might lose them immediately and never get the chance to retreat.

I don't know about the rest of you, but winning GW helps immensely. Unfortunately, it feels like a hack to keep retreating and retrying a level a bunch of times until I get it just right. While I'm learning more about optimal play, it does get pretty tedious at times.
  • BeWary wrote: »
    I've got to say, much of my credit famine is due to having a hard time winning the Galactic War. Now that I recently read about the "retreat" option and how it works, I've won the GW 4 days in a row (after a 3 week losing streak).

To those that don't know, retreating in GW resets everything back to the point before you entered the battle. This lets you try different toons and/or tactics to win the battle. The trick is you have to retreat before the round is over. So if you bring a bunch of weak toons, you might lose them immediately and never get the chance to retreat.

I don't know about the rest of you, but winning GW helps immensely. Unfortunately, it feels like a hack to keep retreating and retrying a level a bunch of times until I get it just right. While I'm learning more about optimal play, it does get pretty tedious at times.

Yep, winning gw helps, but ressources should be in Balance or there should be a possibility for the Players to Balance the own ressources.

But I dont see a Chance to earn enough money to use my Training droids! Could someone give me a hint how to get enough money to use all my Training droids?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    JarlRagnar wrote: »
    One and a half month of massive critics about the missing possibilities to gain money and nothing happens :-1

Feedback forum seems to be only a Placebo... :- (
    Because they don't consider it a problem. They want the game to be this way, which is why they said they'd make the credit event better and instead made it worse, and have ignored every comment on it since.
    The famine is because CG salted the earth.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The credit crunch is the worst part of this game. While you can net around 500k each day by winning galactic war this is not enough to really invest in other characters. I would like to level up some level 1 characters that I have unlocked and try out new strategies but the investment is so great that it deters me from doing it. Especially now with the level cap increasing, the cost to rank your max characters to 80 will be immense, something like another 2 million per. If credit rewards are not increased to balance the enhanced costs, the road with be long and tedious and may even cause some players to quit.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    The credit crunch is the worst part of this game. While you can net around 500k each day by winning galactic war this is not enough to really invest in other characters. I would like to level up some level 1 characters that I have unlocked and try out new strategies but the investment is so great that it deters me from doing it. Especially now with the level cap increasing, the cost to rank your max characters to 80 will be immense, something like another 2 million per. If credit rewards are not increased to balance the enhanced costs, the road with be long and tedious and may even cause some players to quit.

Well said!
  • BeWary wrote: »

Well said!

Why thank you :smile:

I also wanted to add that this is assuming you can win galactic war every day as it has been so clearly voiced a lot of players are still having problems with it. I feel for them as they are practically credit starved and see them not enjoying the experience at all.
  • baevar
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Starjumper wrote: »
    @DJC_Chris @V8tt

Dude, waiting 3 days to promote sidings is nothing. Try playing clash of clans and take 7 days farming enough gold for a inferno tower..... Then wait another 14 days for it to be built. You're probably looking at 3 weeks in total wait for one item.

Now put th at in perspective the time to wait in star wars is not that long - you get 500k for completing GW every day if you can and bounty hunter challenge 3 times a week so that's a potential of 3.25 million credits per week. So assuming you're already lv70 that leaves you enough scope to level up a few toons and take 1 or 2 to 7 stars per week.

It's a farming game in all and when the level cap increases it's likely to be more difficult to increase levels as it should be. In relation to other mobile games of this type I think the wait times based around credits are reasonable. If you want it sooner buy the credits, If not a few days wait per character is the standard

Sticking up for this game because another game is worse is...kind of ridiculous. I have a great time with this game, but the incredible greed and intentional shortages are really off-putting. I remember when I used to think Square/Enix was greedy for selling FF games for $20 on iOS. No other game was that high priced at the time. Now EA makes them look like absolute saints by comparison.