Territory War Ties [Merged]

Replies

  • I'm ok with Ties as opposed to it being random. But if they wanted to award points for Defensive Squad standing their ground, I think that'd be the best option.
  • We beat the other team to the finish, first place. Tie prizes are thanks for participating awards everybody gets a trophy regardless.
  • I don't think ties will always happen, I think now guilds know what to expect. Did you have teams you didn't use on offense because your team cleared it or were your battles easy because they were saving their power teams for offense?
  • Alderon75 wrote: »
    Yes, please award points for a hold! We have a squad that has now held through 7 attacks so far, that should be rewarded

    7 attacks against the 5 (let’s say that toons survived each attack.) 7 banners for each toon. 35 in total.
  • Like idea of defensive wins granting banners. Even one point per team so we dont have ties.
  • We were first to finish as well, but that can’t be the determining factor seeing as this is a global game. Time zones and real life happen.
  • OrenStern
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    In a Tie, the guild who had the lower active GP should get the first place prize. Because they over achieved.
  • To get the winning TW achievement at a certain level of GP the enemy needs to be hit by the bug that we got hit with this time around in losing 10 banners because one battle wasn't accounted for. So our opponents will get both achievements (winning and perfect win) this time around and we will go empty handed in this regard. This sucks!
  • They need to add more defensive squads or buff them. I really don't want winning to be some mathematical equation. Make it basically impossible to clear the board. Where when you take a territory it's a huge gain.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    A few people have brought up how awarding points for defensive wins would hurt the 'Suicide Squad' strategy.

    That is a very valid concern, so maybe the solution is something along the lines of simply awarding 1 point to the guild who had the most defensive wins. It would accomplish the same thing, while not really highlighting the extra points from suiciding. They could even keep the defensive win count hidden in game until after the war is over, adding to the suspense.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    They need to add more defensive squads or buff them. I really don't want winning to be some mathematical equation. Make it basically impossible to clear the board. Where when you take a territory it's a huge gain.

    Yeah, but, the fun is in attacking, not placing defensive squads. It is true that placing 50 defensive squads per territory instead of 25 would cause fewer ties, but, how boring would it be to place half your roster on defense? I'd rather earn points for a defensive unit surviving battle. Those GK/zBarriss teams should be worth more points on D than a 40k Jawa squad. By surviving battle, they would earn those points.
  • I really don't want to see the board cleared Everytime.
  • Tilar wrote: »
    Tie breaker should be Guild ID in alphabetical order. Bring back the good ol' days.

    /s

    I genuinely thought this is what the tie breaker would be. Great suggestions here though. Good job OP.
  • Nikoms565
    11072 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    They could implement a tie breaker mechanic - but it shouldn't have anything to do with time. There are international guilds that live across multiple time zones and some that live in time zones where most of the guild is asleep when the TW starts.

    The tie breaker could be based on defensive unit bonuses for survival or even deploying all left over heroes after all sections have been cleared (this would measure overall guild efficiency).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Prophet wrote: »
    I am not alluding that it should be decided randomly, it could be fastest to capture the flag, fastest to clean up the whole map, ... any other criteria.

    Not a fan of this idea as this is not friendly to guilds with varied regional players. CG already punishes players in busy time zones via arena and ship payout hour system, lets not carry this type of mechanic over to territory wars. I think a start would be to increase each territory war region from 25 to 30 for 50 vs. 50. For example by the time I got off work my guild had already achieved all possible banners, I didn't use 1 defensive or offensive team, and yes we tied.
  • I still prefer surviving units earn points, but another idea would be...
    King of the hill
    Conquered territories must be defended or reclaimed until everyone's roster is empty or time runs out.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Seth_Ozzel wrote: »
    We should have 3 types of Rewards:
    1/ Winner
    2/ Tie
    3/ Looser.

    This is the sollution i prefer aswell.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tied

    They need to award defensive wins. If not, there isn’t a point in setting them. Because you don’t need strategy. Just throw enough attacks until it’s finished.

    If both guilds can complete the map, you’ll always end in a tie. I figure this will always be the case with top gp guilds.
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    I don't think ties will always happen, I think now guilds know what to expect. Did you have teams you didn't use on offense because your team cleared it or were your battles easy because they were saving their power teams for offense?
    You are the first person I have seen mention this.

    Things will be different next TW because thinking guilds will change their strategy to a much stronger defensive position. Will this make a difference? It's hard to say until we compare more data from this round.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Bonuses for defensive wins, minimal, counted only on ties. Clash of clans (abbreviation is censored lol) used to do that, count damage percentage when the straight up win stars led to a tie.
  • JG44D2 wrote: »
    Tied

    They need to award defensive wins. If not, there isn’t a point in setting them. Because you don’t need strategy. Just throw enough attacks until it’s finished.

    If both guilds can complete the map, you’ll always end in a tie. I figure this will always be the case with top gp guilds.

    Agreed, think defensive win points would be a good addition!
  • Manowar wrote: »
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I don't think ties will always happen, I think now guilds know what to expect. Did you have teams you didn't use on offense because your team cleared it or were your battles easy because they were saving their power teams for offense?
    You are the first person I have seen mention this.

    Things will be different next TW because thinking guilds will change their strategy to a much stronger defensive position. Will this make a difference? It's hard to say until we compare more data from this round.

    You must take into account that a guild will have up to 1,160 offensive squads (not counting ships) vs only 200 defensive squads. Boards will be cleared.
  • We tied as well. There were no additional points given for defensive wins or healthy units after a win. It was all calculated as +20 on defense, +10 for a win, and +whatever for a node cleared.
  • Can we all agree to stop attacking after one guild finishes? My guild finished in the first 8h but then the other guild finished us in the last 8h, which apparently doesn't do anything except for bump both guilds down to 2nd place rewards.

    Until a tie breaker is instituted or until EA gives both guilds first place rewards for first place efforts, I move that we don't spite each other and let the first guild to finish keep its 1st place rewards. It's not like the 2nd guild to finish gets anything better than 2nd.
  • We crushed the opposition, that said not a big difference in rewards from winning and losing. Maybe that can change in the future. After 9 days of setting up one expects a bit more prestige.
  • TVF
    15124 posts Member
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    After 9 days of setting up one expects a bit more prestige.
    Future TWs will only have a 24 hour join period instead of 6 days.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Atrreyu wrote: »
    We crushed the opposition, that said not a big difference in rewards from winning and losing. Maybe that can change in the future. After 9 days of setting up one expects a bit more prestige.

    In the future, it will only be one day of setup.
  • Manowar wrote: »
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I don't think ties will always happen, I think now guilds know what to expect. Did you have teams you didn't use on offense because your team cleared it or were your battles easy because they were saving their power teams for offense?
    You are the first person I have seen mention this.

    Things will be different next TW because thinking guilds will change their strategy to a much stronger defensive position. Will this make a difference? It's hard to say until we compare more data from this round.

    You must take into account that a guild will have up to 1,160 offensive squads (not counting ships) vs only 200 defensive squads. Boards will be cleared.

    ^This. Past a certain point, well developed guilds will ALWAYS tie. Our guild definitely gave drastic priority to defense, and the guild we faced appeared to do the same. We still tied.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Well, no.
    It's just plain unfair, it would result guilds in favourable timezones getting ahead of guilds in unfavourable timezones. (fyi, my guild is in a favourable timezone)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    Yup we tied also. Like everybody else, I’m ok with a tie, but you have to award both guilds with winning prizes and not give each guild losing prize boxes, like your going to do..
    being in a 140m guild and facing a 140m guild and clearing out the entire other guilds massively geared and synergized teams; just to get a loss? Doesn’t make any sense. Give us wins on ties if we get max amount of points in a TW

    +1 We tied too, and apparently are we going to get the Second place prize, come on, is this a JOKE?
Sign In or Register to comment.