Guild Events Overload?!

Prev1
Xerrath
177 posts Member
edited December 2017
This game is suppose to be an escape for most people and as a guild officer it’s becoming like a second job to keep up with all the guild events. A break for guilds to recruit and move rosters would be nice since there is 0 time for new members to join and be able to participate. I would hope for at least 48hr to 72hr windows between guild events. Is anyone else feeling like this is becoming a job?

Replies

• lol I feel you! This game can definitely become a second life. Just remember where your priorities are and don't let this game take you away from "real" life! Even though I am an officer myself, all I really do is initiate raids. Getting into the whole TB and TW commander thing is definitely too much - I would gladly step down from being an officer if the leader expected me to do all those command options. But I do think the command/chat options are great tools CG developed just in case we need them.
  • The new TW and TB management tools are great. I do think we need a longer break between events so we can get new members on board.
  • I am very happy with the new command tools but the theory crafting time and the initial organization of the guild for new events is killer on how much time it takes
  • The game indeed is very time consuming.
    The best solution is to keep or even add content, but the battles should have less encounters.
    Also in TW there are too many battles to do.
    I am confident that DEVs will come with solutions as this put pressure on normal people with tight schedules in real life, who also may be the top spenders for the game.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Agree - feeling fatigued after DS TB and TW back to back...and I overall had a lot of fun during each. Still, it's become a lot and we're getting close to maxed out for time to spend on guild events / content I feel.
  • I am hoping they just extend the duration of downtime between guild event. I am enjoying the new content it’s just so much at once with no time to rest or restructure our guild. We are just over 100m and recruiting for the weak spots just can’t happen until they allow us time to do so.
  • costahd
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The gap between events is not a solution due the high number of events, raids and the fact the game force us to have the rewards to.progress. This will not help also the gameplay feel, will be days with huge time consuming and days with nothing to do.
    On the other hand, less time for battles, less batlles, for example 12 battles for GW is too much, can give you time on your daily breaks to play.
    Recruiting issues or demands is another topic.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The War is fine, but Battles are awful. I don't even understand what is supposed to be fun about that :(
  • We could def use a break especially because I need to boot inactives and even though we lost the TW because of them, I dont want to be a #@%^ and boot them before their rewards.

TW is really a great addition and was well executed.
  • There HAS to be a 24hr break between guild events. It's the only way to let people move between guilds without sacrificing rewards and/or hurting their old/new guild.

TW > 24hr break > LSTB > 24hr break > TW > 24hr break > DSTB etc.

We also need better rewards from TW to make up for the now less frequent TBs. More guild event tokens primarily.
  • If the game becomes too much just take a step back. Auto through GW, sim as much as you can. Just get by in arena. When I was on vacation I only played when I had time. I got my 600 all at once and just did the bare minimum every day.
  • How long do you people spend doing this stuff? Im at maybe an hour a day to do it all, i use my lunches and breaks at work.
  • Managed correctly, it's not a time suck at all.

I mean - people want new content but then they don't want to play it. I dont understand.
  • As a collective officer unit to strategize and coordinate the entire guild just before deployment we took a few hours since we didn’t have any officers in beta to test. But in general it’s more about the inability to move people around between events as there is no time to do so
  • I disagree, if its too much don't participate. There are plenty of other people (myself included) that love having all these things to do I would prefer not to be punished or miss out of rewards because some people are unable / unwilling to play.
  • Do you manage recruiting for your guild? If not I would not expect you to understand the difficulties of moving people in and out when the window to do so is slim to none. Trust me I love all thme content is just the time between starts
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The devs want us in the game as much as possible to pad their numbers. I do agree there are a TON of guild events.
    TW: TW seems pretty okay to me. Besides the fact you will almost always tie, I don't really have any complaints.
    TB: This is the major time-suck. What I believe would fix it is this: Give officers the ability to advance to the next phase. TB is monotonous and boring, and having to wait 24 hours so you can do it all over again drags. I fully support the 24 hour rule, it's essential for international guilds, but if a guild wants to clear the entire thing in 2 hours, let them.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Yes, I felt like game is a job. i had good time in last 3 months but it enough. So I gave space to new players in my guild and decided to play occasinaly when I want to play not couse I have to be on time or have to participate in every TB, TW, Raid couse my guild mates are expecting this. No more 600 tickets. I can play Arena for fun.
  • costahd wrote: »
    The gap between events is not a solution due the high number of events, raids and the fact the game force us to have the rewards to.progress. This will not help also the gameplay feel, will be days with huge time consuming and days with nothing to do.
    On the other hand, less time for battles, less batlles, for example 12 battles for GW is too much, can give you time on your daily breaks to play.
    Recruiting issues or demands is another topic.

With the new GW changes for lvl80+, it's less time consuming but still annoying. I click each battle and click auto now as most teams are a joke. Lvl 85 should get a sim option for GW and the battles should be reduced to 6 total with double rewards to keep it even
  • When you're in a guild that takes these seriously with lots of planning/coordination it is a serious time sink on top of all the other mandatory activities.

For those who say "well, just leave and join a less-serious guild" remember, many of us joined when it was just raids, and that a few of those per week are no picnic. Within a few months they've added two 6-day long events and now another 24-hour one, each of which runs several times per month. On one hand, great that we have new content and new things to work towards but way too much too quickly.

The easiest solution to me would be to shorten the length of TB battles (which I know has been discussed a lot) and/or the frequency. Then limit TW to every 10 days or 2 weeks, whatever gives us a few off days between each guild event.
  • I dont envy the job of my guild officers.
  • I found TW also a great enrichment to the game, but by recognizing the next one is only 24h away (i know they said so before) it became less fun. Every 2 weeks 2 TW - i find it too much. A good thing becomes routine, gets boring and finally evrybody is gonna groan. Let it be special, attractive, something to look forward to. In my point of view one per month would be fine. And stepping back ain't easy when you are in a guild and you won't let down the other members. As far as it go for raids, it is only me, but when it comes to a guild-event - everbody is needed.

BTW an auto-button to get through the whole gw with one click would be appreciated ;)
  • OrenStern wrote: »
    Vohbo wrote: »
    The War is fine, but Battles are awful. I don't even understand what is supposed to be fun about that :(

Talking about TB? Look how rich the rewards are for that (Guild Event Tokens) -- TW is great and interesting, but the rewards compared to TB are kind of a joke.

Exactly.TB rewards superior.by much.
  • OrenStern wrote: »
    Vohbo wrote: »

Talking about TB? Look how rich the rewards are for that (Guild Event Tokens) -- TW is great and interesting, but the rewards compared to TB are kind of a joke.

Exactly.TB rewards superior.by much.

Though if you look at the ratio of effort to rewards, TW is waaay better.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • krisamagus1
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Hans_Olo72 wrote: »
    I found TW also a great enrichment to the game, but by recognizing the next one is only 24h away (i know they said so before) it became less fun. Every 2 weeks 2 TW - i find it too much. A good thing becomes routine, gets boring and finally evrybody is gonna groan. Let it be special, attractive, something to look forward to. In my point of view one per month would be fine. And stepping back ain't easy when you are in a guild and you won't let down the other members. As far as it go for raids, it is only me, but when it comes to a guild-event - everbody is needed.

BTW an auto-button to get through the whole gw with one click would be appreciated ;)

And how do you want to get coins,gear,etc,hmmm?why do you even play at all?who cares you don't have time or whatever or smthg is not that special for you?let the others be.aaaàahhh
  • Then don’t do one! Is the world going to end if you don’t join thenext TW? No. If you’re tired, take a break. It’s not complicated.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Then don’t do one! Is the world going to end if you don’t join thenext TW? No. If you’re tired, take a break. It’s not complicated.

That really is the great thing about tw. Sitting out doesnt hurt your guild one bit. Yeah, you miss out on rewards, but that's the choice ya make.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Eclipso wrote: »
    I disagree, if its too much don't participate. There are plenty of other people (myself included) that love having all these things to do I would prefer not to be punished or miss out of rewards because some people are unable / unwilling to play.

This X 1.4Billion ^^^

This discussion has been closed.