Zeta Barriss instead of a tank on a Jedi team?

I have another zeta burning a hole in my pocket. I use a zQGJ team (Ezra, Anakin, Yoda, Old Ben) and have been ranking from 20-10 in arena. I haven't zeta'd Yoda's Battle Meditation or Ben's extra taunt (and I am not quite convinced that I should do either). I don't have a single GK shard.

Would it work to replace Old Ben with zeta Barriss or would that be a bad idea?

Here's my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/ariben/

Replies

• Which yoda? Hermit yoda is a must in any Jedi team. I’d zeta him.
  • The less grand Grand Master Yoda.
  • Are you farming hermit yoda?
  • I feel like I am supposed to say yes.

But not yet.
  • If you swap old Ben for Barriss i don't think it's a good idea, Barris was made for General Kenobi. Without taunt jedi will be easy targets. Old Ben would be the most benefited by Barriss I think you would be better replacing ezra with Barriss but then probably lacking damage. Not sure about replacing Yoda.
  • Hermit Yoda is prolly really good but also kind of an absurd amount of valuable resources to farm
  • You should farm him yes. Make or break for a Jedi team. I unlocked him today and really happy with him. Beating teams that I couldn’t before. Was averaging 250 in area, hit 114 today.
  • I think the best option from what you mentioned would be old ben, because against any team with boba, ezra or DN, old ben becomes a terrible tank without regaining taunt.

However, with the current state of the jedi, i dont know if i would give any of them a zeta. As your shard gets older, rex teams with r2, thrawn, dn, han zolo, chaze and gk will tear you up, along with highly geared wedge lead.

Ezra and Anakin are the only high damage dealers, but anakins aoe will feed rex turn meter, and they are easy to deal with even with GK, sadly.
  • It would make more sense if you swap her with JKA, I can't see the logic behind removing your only tank.
  • I use old ben zeta and zeta barriss all the time, I have just unlocked Hermit Yoda so he will be joining them soon, and will become my holding team once I’ve placed each day
  • Uthar_wynn
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    She doesn’t work on her own, even the ai will target her first
  • I've run Jedi at the top of arena. You need to go find a guild that's farming GK. Zarris is a very poor substitute for a tank. Most jedi are pretty squishy, they won't have a chance to heal much. GK is the best tank in the game, and he pairs best with Jedi. Keep old ben in there for now.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    I've run Jedi at the top of arena. You need to go find a guild that's farming GK. Zarris is a very poor substitute for a tank. Most jedi are pretty squishy, they won't have a chance to heal much. GK is the best tank in the game, and he pairs best with Jedi. Keep old ben in there for now.

What was your line up? Gk lead zarriss anakin aayla master yoda?
  • My arena with jedi evolved, but I started with zQGJ, Ezra, JKA, GK, zzR2
    Also have zGMyoda and Aayla at G11, but I liked those 5 above best.
    When CLS came, I subbed out JKA for him and it was even better, though I guess it's hard to say it was a jedi squad. When raid han got his rework, I just switched to rebels to stay on top.
    If I put a team together now, it would be zQGJ, Ezra, CLS, GK, zzR2, or GK, zBarris, Ezra, CLS, GMYoda. If no CLS then JKA with zQGJ and Aayla with GK.
  • If you want to run a pure Jedi team in arena ditch zBarriss because damage output and speed are more important. You're most likely looking at

zQGJ Ezra GK hermit and a 5th like aayala or Anakin. (Maybe new Rey if she has the Jedi tag)

zBarriss is not needed with hermit Yoda on the team. She is a good intermediary but a wasted zeta in the long run.

GK lead / zBarriss teams are too slow to keep up with meta teams that use DN, thrawn or night sisters.

Some toons like wampa or Hoda buffed Ezra can hit so hard that zBarriss won't matter anyways.

She's a good toon but she's rapidly becoming obsolete.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    zera barriss offee swift recovery with gk is beast
  • Quick answer. No!!!!! Zeta up old Ben and he will be a beast tank for you in all game modes