Will TW be fun down the line?

Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited December 2017
For now Tw is fun but the rewards are basically the same as for the winning team and loosing the loosing team. What is already happening and will happen is that people will just set defensive squad and that will be it. Some guild won't care about it at all because the time we invest into it will not be rewarded.

Why waste 20 min of your day doing some battles when you can just set a defense team and call it a day.

win loose or tie is the same reward..

Replies

• I like the rewards. Wish the guild event credits were more but that's made up for in how often we have the wars I guess. As for the game play I actually like TB much better. This setup is just kind of boring for me
  • The great thing about TW is that it has the sandbox element much of the community desired for a long time. Also, the rewards between winning and losing aren't game breaking, and are fair for a part of the game that is completely optional.
    The best part tough, is that this new mode comes with no new currency. You're not missing out on anything by losing or drawing, so it is literally just "free stuff." Sure, there are areas that could be expanded on later as data comes in (such as ties), but for day one, I'd say this is a much needed breath of fresh air for players across the board.
  • I can agree with this opinion a bit. It is pretty much a giant arena battle. Also just so you know it is lose not loose.
  • To add to my previous post, what I meant by not missing out on anything is that you don't need a territory war success to farm a specific currency exclusive to itself.
  • The great thing about TW is that it has the sandbox element much of the community desired for a long time. Also, the rewards between winning and losing aren't game breaking, and are fair for a part of the game that is completely optional.
    The best part tough, is that this new mode comes with no new currency. You're not missing out on anything by losing or drawing, so it is literally just "free stuff." Sure, there are areas that could be expanded on later as data comes in (such as ties), but for day one, I'd say this is a much needed breath of fresh air for players across the board.

For ties the guild with lower gp should be the winner as they "shouldn't have" won but pulled it out, kind of.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    For this to be true we have to assume that the current form of TW remains the same which I don't think it will.

More than any other game mode I feel TW has the most potential to evolve further.

At the moment TW is vanilla ice cream and while I love vanilla I still think there's a lot of chocolate sauce and sprinkles to be added.
    Post edited by JaggedJ on
  • Won't be fun for too long if high end guilds keep getting ties.
  • Yep it will be
  • We actually enjoyed it and were mostly pleased with the rewards, which are not the same for the winners and the losers.
  • Cloud24 wrote: »
    Why waste 20 min of your day doing some battles when you can just set a defense team and call it a day?

Because it is fun to play, simple as that.

TB is boring as hell, the new GW is a joke, I'm glad they are offering something enjoyable to prevent more good players to call it quit.

• I enjoyed TW initially. Then we ended in a tie and both guilds received second place rewards. Seriously? So both guilds go the highest point total possible and they are rewarded with second place prizes. It put a stain on an otherwise fun experience. Why am I going to bother trying so hard next time if I can just do the minimum and get the same rewards? At my guild GP level I can be pretty sure a tie is coming every time.

So for all the fun that TW was, it was **** out by the fact that even if we win, we get second place rewards.
  • there was a good suggestion by another player somewhere - for now, in the event of the tie, the rewards for both guilds should fall between the first and second place awards - better than second, not quite as good as first.

Implementing a better tiebreaker system isn't a bad idea for future, but for now the "in between" rewards would take the sting out of things.
  • Its fun but we roflstomped the guild we faced so maybe thats why, if we ended with a tie that might have ****.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    We won ours by ten points.
  • Perfect tie breaker is a “units lost” count. The team that took the least amount of units to score the highest score wins.
  • The guild who cleared the board first should clearly be 1st place over a tie.
  • Scaled rewards based on GP will however just keep increasing the gap between newer players and established whalish guilds.

Not sure if scaling rewards are better than a fixed rate, which will serve to help accelerate newer players to end game content.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    I can agree with this opinion a bit. It is pretty much a giant arena battle. Also just so you know it is lose not loose.

Everyone that plays SWGOH looses.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Everyone that plays SWGOH looses.

Walking dead fans win by playing
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!