Convert all future TB into TW

Replies

• So you want to take away the largest location for guild currency rewards and flood the shop with more toons making it harder to farm them all? Not everyone like TW. I don't. TB is much better and the difficulty of ds tb doesn't actually change how many stars you get that much. TW is very boring imo. It's basically doing a couple more arena battles. Yay
  • I'd rather they reduce the time on tb to what it was supposed to be. 6 phases at 12hrs a piece. Don't really care for either event in all actuality. Tb is way too long for the little time you need daily to contribute and tw is just a long 3 day gw or tournament. Like the rewards hate wasting time. I do realize the 24hrs is to accommodate for different parts of the world within same guild but still, 24hrs hold for 10 minutes of work, blegh. Or just make it 3 days like tw. But my personal wish would be they put a new raid out to try
  • TW absolutely boring old arena fightings again and again. TB is real challenge.
  • Agree tw is way better. tb is garbage. fighting 30 waves of the same teams. Ya, real challenging. Just need better rewards for tw, as the rewards for tb are far better
  • Thegame92797
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    LGuy_21 wrote: »
    I have an idea that I think will sit well with a very high percentage of the community, an idea that was actually given to me by a guild mate of mine: how would you feel about turning all future TB into TW? Ever since TB came out it’s gotten a lot of backlash. More than ever now since the release of DSTB. TW, on the other hand, has gotten mostly good publicity, other than the tieing thing, which I’m faithful the devs will fix very soon.

I know there are certain characters that can only be gotten from TB, but an easy fix to this is adding those characters’ shards to the rewards of TW.

Doing this would relieve a lot of players of a lot of their stress, as I know right now players are really not sure of who to farm.
    Do they farm characters to help themselves, such as characters for arena or legendary events? Or do they farm characters they will only be using for one specific game mode when they don’t even enjoy that game mode all that much?

Let me know what you think. I’m curious as to how the community feels.

Please - no.
  • ZekeS12 wrote: »
    I would much rather have TB than TW. In fact I'm pretty sure you're making up your own facts by saying that this would sit well with a very high percentage of the community. Where are you gathering your stats for this claim?

Ever since Tb was released everything I’ve seen was negative stuff. Once tw was released, I saw pretty much all positive feedback on it except for the tie thing.
  • LGuy_21 wrote: »
    ZekeS12 wrote: »
    I would much rather have TB than TW. In fact I'm pretty sure you're making up your own facts by saying that this would sit well with a very high percentage of the community. Where are you gathering your stats for this claim?

Ever since Tb was released everything I’ve seen was negative stuff. Once tw was released, I saw pretty much all positive feedback on it except for the tie thing.
    So? Doesn't mean you should get rid of it. I don't like coffee but I don't try and ban it because other people enjoy it
  • No. tb is way better than tw in my opinion. Tb is fun, challenging and gives our guild something to work toward. I don't feel like tw is worth the trouble.
  • No please. TW is already a boring slog fest. TB at least everyone is actively engaged.
  • No
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Whether we want this or not, it won’t happen. Know how much work they put into making TB? Enough that they won’t scrap the idea like the old Tournaments, which was really just a glorified pick-your-GW-opponent.

New content means variety. TB introduced our larger scale guild cooperation end-game content (PvE). TW introduces us to that level of coordination of our characters on a competitive level (PvP).

Next, I assume we’ll be getting something along the lines of a GW style guild event, but on a galaxy map. For original battlefront 2 fans, think of Galactic Conquest. My point though, is that they will be expanding themselves with what is found to work. I don’t expect this to come around until after they’ve introduced vehicles though. At SOME point, I’m sure they will.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • TW is only good for peeps who have powerful toons.
    Our guild has our highest player team of 80K going up against gold squads of over 95K power.
    It's just dumb, poorly matched and boring.
    All it takes is one gold squad with CLS , Chaze and Wiggs ain't no way in hell our guilds going anywhere. Less and less are playing it.
    We just drop the defence then don't go back in once we see the P2W farmers.
    Let's face it, we are just cannon fodder for the P2w's.
    Of course you love it with your top arena squads ganking hard.
    Try looking at it from a low power guilds perspective when it's clearly obvious the matching is borked.
  • The match making for TW needs a major overhaul. My guild has been steamrolled for both of these. TBs are at least doable and give good rewards. I'd rather more TBs than TWs.
  • I much prefer TW. I could do without tb. Although im hoping some future changes make it better.
  • No thanks. Tw matchmaking actually makes it the most boring mode released to me.
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Whether we want this or not, it won’t happen. Know how much work they put into making TB? Enough that they won’t scrap the idea like the old Tournaments, which was really just a glorified pick-your-GW-opponent.

New content means variety. TB introduced our larger scale guild cooperation end-game content (PvE). TW introduces us to that level of coordination of our characters on a competitive level (PvP).

Next, I assume we’ll be getting something along the lines of a GW style guild event, but on a galaxy map. For original battlefront 2 fans, think of Galactic Conquest. My point though, is that they will be expanding themselves with what is found to work. I don’t expect this to come around until after they’ve introduced vehicles though. At SOME point, I’m sure they will.

Tb and tw changed the game. There’s no going back now. No longer a couple of teams will suffice - Rancor, arena, Haat. We and our guilds need ALL toons now. When I told my friend to join I preached that he would catch up because of guild experience, he could circumvent wasteless toons lolol. I am glad that devs allieviated gear crunch for longer term players. Tb and tw rewards guild and shard shops are fantastic. And the devs have for sure plans on expanding. I think it’s their goal to never have that lull period that we had between Haat and Tb.
    Vehicles are interesting but ships has so much more room for expansion.
  • TB >>>> TW
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    LGuy_21 wrote: »
    ZekeS12 wrote: »

It wasn't negative because of game play though. It was negative because of bugs and kitten platoon assignments. TW is just boring gameplay.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • TW is just not fun.
  • Jookaa wrote: »
    TW is just not fun.

You dont like fighting 50 phoenix teams, 45 zarris teams ???
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Nope.
    Just 4 Days between each event would be really nice.

But unlike TB : if you dont like it.... Just dont participate ;)

This month is awfull with all the new release....
  • Worst idea, ever...
  • I like how OP was so certain that his idea would be well received and yet not a single person has agreed.
  • Prudkoan wrote: »
    TW absolutely boring old arena fightings again and again. TB is real challenge.

It's a little like the tournaments...battle after battle. The structure is infinitely better though.
  • Tb is soul sucking, we need a lot less of it. Tw is fun and strategic. It has the potential too to be even more fun and added to. Tb is so non strategic time consuming. The only good thing about Tb is the coins to buy gear
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Fauztin wrote: »

Tb and tw changed the game. There’s no going back now. No longer a couple of teams will suffice - Rancor, arena, Haat. We and our guilds need ALL toons now. When I told my friend to join I preached that he would catch up because of guild experience, he could circumvent wasteless toons lolol. I am glad that devs allieviated gear crunch for longer term players. Tb and tw rewards guild and shard shops are fantastic. And the devs have for sure plans on expanding. I think it’s their goal to never have that lull period that we had between Haat and Tb.
    Vehicles are interesting but ships has so much more room for expansion.

I agree completely. It’s opened an entire new front to currency redemption, especially with the rework for the guild store for more character shards and cheaper equipment. I still don’t like that toon shards now cost an extra 50, but it’s a small downside compared to other issues and all the good things of the recent changes.

I don’t see vehicles coming any time soon either. Ships have been out for about a year and still need a lot done, so I’m guessing at the 4th year anniversary is when we might start seeing that.

Edit: as an afterthought, it could be during major wait-times between the movies. After Ep 9, we’re supposed to get a WHOLE NEW trilogy of a completely different time period in the SW universe.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • TW is not fun
  • Here is an idea stop trying to make everyone fight and create a deeper persistent world
  • Wolf999 wrote: »
    Here is an idea stop trying to make everyone fight and create a deeper persistent world

Lol not trying to make anyone fight.