TW matchmaking [MERGE]

Prev1345
Chronoross83
14 posts Member
edited December 2017
Our first match was with a 52m guild the next is 59m. We sit at around 55m on tw. We wiped the floor with the last and we are getting wiped this time. Seems like we need a tighter algorithm if it's just gp based...
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• Here's a new rule you might want to implement when matchmaking: no guilds with a CLS can be matched with a guild with no CLS. That guy is freaking ridiculous, and should only be playing with himself. So to speak. It's always been obvious (to me, at least) that so-called "Power" is an almost completely irrelevant statistic. Here's an idea: look at all the top-tier arena squads, and backwards-engineer your "Power" metric from there. Just a thought.
  • Similar for us, we wiped the floor with the first, and now we are getting wiped out in this one....they have 13players over 2mil, we have 5.....not sure what total GP is as they only have 31 on SWGOH.gg
  • My guild only has a few players with cls and we have taken down 2 guilds with a bunch of them.
  • So, if a 40m GP guild has 50% sign up, they will be matched against a 20m GP guild that has 100%.

That means average GP of 1.6m for one team vs average GP of 400k for the other.

So you put a 1.6m player's team up against a 400k player, and it will be severely lopsided... And the total number of players is irrelevant since they can't really gang up, all fights are still 1v1.

Basically by only taking in 50% of your guild you screwed the other guild.

I think there should be a second criteria, looking at the average GP of all registered players. If they matched based on average player GP and total GP of all registered players then you would wind up with much less 1-sided matchups...
  • We went up against a guild with 9 gp more than us and took them out
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    9m GP more doesn't tell us kitten... Question is about relative GP and number of players, since registered GP is used, not guild GP. How many players did each side have? What was your registered GP?

Just some quick math... Say you are a 50m guild and they are a 59m guild, that works out to about 180k/player. Not a huge difference. So in that scenario you had what, 1 more player than them?

Edit: 9m over 50 players is always 180k, what I am saying is that if you took in 50 players and they only took in 25, each of their players would have to have, on average, 2-4x your players' average GP
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Staubie12
    336 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    My guild is 30 gp so 9 gp more is significant. I don’t see your premise as a problem.
  • I dont know How they match War Guild? While my guild only have 65M power, 75 M power rival guild. Even if we win, we will only receive a 60M Power.
    This made us feel upset. So why not always merge our guild With 160M Power guild, because so i feel the same as 65M vs 75M.
    My guild: Việt Nam Diamond Force vs Disturbing Lack of Faith
  • We've got a 10m difference too and they have less players than us which makes it closer. What I will say is it's probably the most exciting part of the game now and it's a really close battle. If we win this it'll be about teamwork which is fab.
  • Are you sure it wasn't ping pong
  • I dont know you talk about bala bala. i See this guild 50 member , Power 75m, While My guild have 47 member 65M power. If We Win, We also only receive 60m Guild reward.
  • Stocksy wrote: »
    We've got a 10m difference too and they have less players than us which makes it closer. What I will say is it's probably the most exciting part of the game now and it's a really close battle. If we win this it'll be about teamwork which is fab.

Amount of players won’t matter because no restriction on numbers of teams a person can use. Gp is the more accurate approximation of potential in my eyes. So if you are 10 mil less...the odds are in the higher gp teams favor.
  • Why Not do my guild With the 150M Guild Power? Because the reward of the guild we have nothing else???
  • We have like a 12-13M difference and they totally destroyed us in the first 2 hours. Uh, they also left teams we kinda cannot beat in defense (and by the teams they left, one can totally desume they are wallet warriors). I don't know what devs have in their heads at this point
  • Some is strategy, but the stronger team has the better chance. This will never be perfect though, so just shoot for 2nd place and if you get 1st...bonus. Rewards difference between the two means little to me. If it was like 5-10 zeta for first...maybe then it’s ne worth trying hard.
  • It turns out that this is a fair Way to record the War Guild. Even though the 60M Guild Wins the 150M guild, It only receives the 60M guild Reward. Fair to poor...
  • I don’t think the guild GP matters that much in the matchmaking process. The combined GP of the participants within a guild does though. If you’re a 50M GP guild and 40/50 players registered, you may face a 40M GP guild with 50/50 participating. That is my guess because this is what happened to us.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    I don’t think the guild GP matters that much in the matchmaking process. The combined GP of the participants within a guild does though. If you’re a 50M GP guild and 40/50 players registered, you may face a 40M GP guild with 50/50 participating. That is my guess because this is what happened to us.

You got it right for that part of the matching.
    I don’t think the guild GP matters that much in the matchmaking process. The combined GP of the participants within a guild does though. If you’re a 50M GP guild and 40/50 players registered, you may face a 40M GP guild with 50/50 participating. That is my guess because this is what happened to us.

It does indeed matter we were facing a Guild with 13mill GP advantage yes they only placed 48 people but do you really think two missing people equals 13mill GP. Needless to say we are going to loose most certainly.

This is also the second Time we are facing a stronger Guild (the first had 5 mill GP advantage, this battle ended in a tie which equals a loss).

This is starting to demorilize our Guild members, getting 2nd place rewards for a full map clear and now facing a Guild that is way stronger.

@CG_Kozispoon can we get some official word if these huge gaps are WAI?
  • Say you do so why not always pair guild 60m Power With guild 150M Power? Does the guild reward 60m even win???
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    you dont know enemy guild active GP which is used to match guilds in war, unless you send a spy in there
    m64DKt1.jpg

also looks like number of defense slots limited to number of people participating / 2 of the guild having lower number

• Thien_Phong
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Every 10m power rewards are different , So why guild 60m if guild wins 150m does not receive guild reward 150m??? Cant answer the silence!

nope, if you have 79m gp with 50 members and 49 with a total of 77.5m gp of them sign up, you might get assigned a 49 member guild with 49 members signed up and a total gp of 87m gp ....

this is what we have to face this time :D

in comparison with our strongest members, they have additional 4 members more just by gp, needlesly to say they just marched right through our defenses :dizzy:
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    This idea that rewards scale solely on GP is just horrible to be honest. We have a smaller guild, and we can't get zeta mats at all. Now I understand that a harder fight should get some more rewards, but each of our members puts in a lot of effort as well. Rewards should scale with banners perhaps instead. It's not like we need zeta mats less badly than those with 120M GP.
  • Every 10m power rewards are different , So why guild 60m if guild wins 150m does not receive guild reward 150m??? Cant answer the silence!

150m guild with 60m participating will receive reward for 60m, check the picture above, my guild has 45m and 38m participatin, reward for 38m

• How do you look up other guild? I can’t find our Oppent in advance search.
  • The guild we're up against has 15m more gp than us, we've just cleared our second territory after going up against plenty of gear 12 squads while they've completely cleared all of our territories. An extra 300k gp per player on average goes a long long way.

Devs, this is yet another problem on yet another new game mode. I'm beginning to think the letters 'Q' & 'A' have been removed altogether from the Capital Games office
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    I think the matching algorithm uses active GP. In your example the 40M GP guild with 50% player sign up rate would have 0,8M GP per Player. not 1,6M.

More important is:
    - distribution of GP over players within a guild
    - distribution of GP over toons per player

I have 1,7M GP but it is concentrated in ships and ~40 toons. This means I have only few teams available.
  • I think that it is WAI, you are matched with guilds of equal active GP... so if you go up against a guild where only say 47 participate, the last 3 players GP does not count into the pool of active GP...also if you have alot of toons and ships in the guild of less than 6K GP they do not count towards the active GP either as you are not allowed to use them
  • Mudbutt wrote: »
    How do you look up other guild? I can’t find our Oppent in advance search.

You can search for the guild via guildsearch and it will show you the total GP