Pump the brakes a little...

Lately there have been a lot of new characters released thorough marquee events (MT, NS ghost, NS spirit, UMKylo, Spec Ops Pilot, Vets, and the list goes on and on). Once the new movie comes out and the Rey event has past can we halt the releases of character toons? We have so many to farm now and need a breather to catch up as FTP.
I honestly believe a shift to ships would be nice and a rerangement of toons in GW and Arena would be nice. Also a more frequent release of the Wicket event and MT event as well to allow us to make them viable in arena to help bring more variety and not just CLS and GK teams.
The GW rework was great in my opinion. Light side TB is great as we progress more and more. TW is a fun concept and just needs minor tweaks....darkside TB....we don’t speak its name yet lol.
Let the player base catch their breath and be able to build up these teams required in new game modes.

Replies

• ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, every new character with 4-6 skills needing 5/ 13 omegas is impossible. That is one month to even max the skills of a single character with the lousy rate of 1 per day. I won't even go into gear crunch, because... There's no point trying to speak about it
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    Yes, every new character with 4-6 skills needing 5/ 13 omegas is impossible. That is one month to even max the skills of a single character with the lousy rate of 1 per day. I won't even go into gear crunch, because... There's no point trying to speak about it

You forgot about zetas, these skills are more common than omega ones now - and apparently mandatory in every new and reworked toon. Idk how many are there now, but with lucky 3 per week, say 3 and a half with TW, you get 8-9 zetas in a year.
    Or to put it another way, to get ale current zeta skills, you'd have to play for 10 years. Maybe 9, with some gifts/events/achievements.
  • AdeDroc
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Xezee wrote: »

You forgot about zetas, these skills are more common than omega ones now - and apparently mandatory in every new and reworked toon. Idk how many are there now, but with lucky 3 per week, say 3 and a half with TW, you get 8-9 zetas in a year.
    Or to put it another way, to get ale current zeta skills, you'd have to play for 10 years. Maybe 9, with some gifts/events/achievements.

You maths is off.

Providing you have completed the zeta mats challenge you have at least 24 chances to get 2 zetas (Based on a 4 week month so sometimes more) so 48 in total.

Let’s say you get 25% drop rate = 12

You get at least 800 ship currency per day, In the month that’s = 11 (11.2)

There’s 4 TW a month so let’s assume you win 25% = 1

Total = 24 per month (conservative)

So you could easily upgrade a toon once per month. (I average 2)

That’s not including achievements for ships etc..
  • AdeDroc wrote: »

You maths is off.

Providing you have completed the zeta mats challenge you have at least 24 chances to get 2 zetas (Based on a 4 week month so sometimes more) so 48 in total.

Perhaps it is abit off for zetas, but the real issue here is omegas and gears.
  • I’ll give it to the devs that they are including zeta’s in more rewards of the newer events like TW. However they do need to up the drop rate to a guaranteed 1 with a chance for 2 in the mats challenge. By the math provided above it would then be:
    3 mats guaranteed from the challenge a week. Making 12.

The extra 1-3 through TW a month so let’s be middling and go 2.

The payouts from ships currency: at averaging 1000 a day, you get 7000 a week giving you 3.5. At that rate you hit 14 a month.

So that’s 26 on average a month which is not game breaking but also lets us know we can guaranteed get 1 Zeta a month. That’s not a lot but it allows for current characters to get the Zeta mats and allows for newer toons to come every couple months to keep the farm alive
  • Moved to Feedback/General.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Also a more frequent release of the Wicket event and MT event as well to allow us to make them viable in arena to help bring more variety and not just CLS and GK teams.

Idk for wicket but Talzin is already very much viable in arena even at 4*...
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback/General.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback/General.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My post in response to yours being moved has been moved too :xx
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    AdeDroc wrote: »

You maths is off.

It's not that conservative when it assumes that you are spending all of your fleet tokens buying zetas and not, for example, the ships that are required for the Chimaera event (or whatever else they come out with) or the characters that can't be farmed elsewhere.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lately there have been a lot of new characters released thorough marquee events (MT, NS ghost, NS spirit, UMKylo, Spec Ops Pilot, Vets, and the list goes on and on). Once the new movie comes out and the Rey event has past can we halt the releases of character toons? We have so many to farm now and need a breather to catch up as FTP.

I don't see how you have "so many to farm" when most of those aren't even farmable. Only the Vets have recently become farmable (and Starck in the new guild store). The nightsisters aren't farmable outside of their events and the new FO aren't farmable at all, so those don't really have any impact on the number of characters to farm.

Expecting that they will stop releasing characters when the movie comes out is pretty unrealistic - the movie will prompt more movie-related characters.
  • Aye caramba