Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    DBane wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Yusef wrote: »
    In my opinon Rey is not going to become a Jedi. In swgoh Rey's hero version will probably be Rey lightsaber version, similair yo battlefront 2. The reason I doubt Rey will become a jedi is because star wars 8 title is the LastJedi. Therwfore Rey might start a new group of warriors using the lightsabers.

It has already been confirmed, that "the last jedi" is meant to be plural.

For Example the official german title is "Die letzten Jedi", which is clear to be the plural.

Its a translation issue nothing more - jedi can be singular as well as plural - like "sheep"

Luke made it quite clear that it is time for the Jedi (as a whole) to end - why train Rey as a Jedi? Rey is going to be trained as a new type of force user - utilizing both dark & light as per the Wills. Luke is the last Jedi.

Are you serious? I would trust somebody who is capable of speaking multiple languages more than you if it comes to translations.

Of couse in english things are different, but this doesnt mean that it has to be the same for other languages. It is definately plural because why should there be multiple wrong translations and only your guess of title being singular is true.

Spanish - plural, german - plural, french - plural

Ok so all of these countries were notified of major plot points ahead of time so they can make the distinguishing fact on their movie posters intheir language whether jedi is plural or not.

said what I said because of what Rian Johnson has said in the media.

I am not pretending to be a great speaker of multiple languages, as you could see from my following posts I am trying to discover what makes this title plural in other languages. I am not naïve either to pretend that what is correct language in English is going to apply to multiple other languages.

But, this is an English speaking production and perhaps the whole plural thing is an error - maybe not.

So get that twist out of you knickers.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    [checks on Rey's hero thread]

[see's argument about TLJ and grammar]

[leaves]
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @Gamorrean You're probably right, so there is no chance that Rey's Hero's Journey will be release until after a reasonable run at the box office for Last Jedi?
    maybe, maybe not :)
  • TVF wrote: »
    [checks on Rey's hero thread]

[see's argument about TLJ and grammar]

[leaves]

Hilarious
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Tfa was a remake of a new hope in soo many ways.
    Tlj will be remake of the return of the Jedi.
    After leaving luke for whatever reason, she goes to face kylo, he brings her to snook and kylo has a change of heart and teams up with Rey to defeat snook.
    Somewhere in plot luke dies, the untrained Rey is not a Jedi so kylo trains with her and together they become the new lightside faction for episode 9.

So everyone dies and Kylo and Rey are now fighting on the same side, light side, against who?

There is a convincing theory that Luke may turn to the dark side, or is the one controlling Snoke - but who knows.

Maybe the next hero journey Rey will need Kylo.
  • SunTzu wrote: »
    Omega_S021 wrote: »
    SunTzu wrote: »
    So many people make the reference that this event is for whales. But what makes someone a whale? me for instance. I started farming resistance and FO before last BB8 event. Figured with a new movie coming out, something should be coming, and just guess my surprise when Rey's event was announced. Then they offered crystals on sale to come with an additional 25%, on top of double cantina drop rates and releasing Vets in cantina.

So I did the math. Making a guess that rey's event wouldn't possibly come before the 7th of December since BB8 had to return. then I account for all crystals arena and daily activities would yield meant that to have them both at 7 star I needed to spend $120 on crystals.

I'm constantly watching out for any new info being released on event expectancy and it never comes. This also means that my timed farming is changing with that flow of being released later than that date of the planned 7th and I now forecast I will still have 5k crystals left after Vets are 7*.....

To sum it up, Rey event will cost me $80. While that may very well make me an dummy for spending money on a dumb game, that doesn't really make me a whale. They gotta make something and I don't feel that with all the hints and they way they released specials, farm nodes, and content that makes EA that unreasonable. my two cents

As your name suggests, you've successfully predicted the coming events and planned accordingly. People don't seem to understand that they can wait for it to come back and get it without spending any money. "It's for whales" is just an excuse for not preparing well enough.

some of that was luck I admit. I'd probably be whining like everyone else if I wasn't farming Falcon by accident getting Rey... LOL which just unlocked for me yesterday for free. just in case :smiley:

Fair enough lol
  • NewCaprica wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon Hellooooo? Is someone there? No words from the devs guys, I think they're all dead.

They’re not ALL dead... @CG_Kozispoon is THE LAST DEV!

Coming to theaters soon!
    Daveofett Quantum's Web

Www. Conventionsetc.info

Facebook.com/Daveofett
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Daveofett wrote: »
    NewCaprica wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon Hellooooo? Is someone there? No words from the devs guys, I think they're all dead.

They’re not ALL dead... @CG_Kozispoon is THE LAST DEV!

Coming to theaters soon!
    It's what devs do:
    200.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Regarding the title, I’m from Brasil and it is: “Os Últimos Jedi”.
    I was pretty amazed as well but it is what it is - clearly plural.
  • fuhgawz
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    hey @CG_Kozispoon thanks for the update! i know the actual update will likely come tomorrow but will we be graced with the notes today? Ive noticed you guys have been doing that more lately :P thanks!
  • Mother Talzin Zeta fix
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Mother Talzin Zeta fix

What's broken? Is it the fact that it doesn't always call defeted ally's to attack? because it seems a bit buggy
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Mother Talzin Zeta fix

What's broken? Is it the fact that it doesn't always call defeted ally's to attack? because it seems a bit buggy

Nah - that ones cool, a little wonky, but my perception in getting to the top of the arena is it's just fine. NO, it's her second Zeta - when Asajj kills a target with a bajillion damage - it doesn't trigger MT's zeta TM gain. When I one shot Zolo, I want my TM!!!!!
    Also.
    NegligibleZestyHarpseal-small.gif
    Edit - a gif... becuase.. you know....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Probably another nightsister or Phoenix event
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Mother Talzin Zeta fix

Nah - that ones cool, a little wonky, but my perception in getting to the top of the arena is it's just fine. NO, it's her second Zeta - when Asajj kills a target with a bajillion damage - it doesn't trigger MT's zeta TM gain. When I one shot Zolo, I want my TM!!!!!
    Also.

Ahh, ok.thanks
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • "The Last Jedi" is plural... the title in Spanish is Los Ultimos Jedi" if it were singular the title would be "El Ultimo Jedi" so, yeah... plural
  • SGMiller87
    60 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Mother Talzin Zeta fix

This is probably WAI similar to how RG doesn’t gain taunt if you defeat a toon in a single attack from greater than 50% health.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    Mother Talzin Zeta fix

Also.

Not a bug.

The text on Talzin says "when any unit falls below half health...". In your description, the unit did not fall below half health. The unit was destroyed.

This works similarly on other abilities and is why Anakin's text says "falls below 50% health or is defeated..."
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Come to me BB-8.....come to me.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
  • BB-8
  • BB8!!!!!!!
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Mother Talzin Zeta fix

Also.

Not a bug.

The text on Talzin says "when any unit falls below half health...". In your description, the unit did not fall below half health. The unit was destroyed.

This works similarly on other abilities and is why Anakin's text says "falls below 50% health or is defeated..."

It's a lot like RG - but the difference is RG isn't a premium toon and doesn't require a Zeta. It's pretty [redacted] that a toon that's 1001/2000 life takes 1002 damage wont trigger her zeta but if they take 1000 damage they will. On top of which -- toons NOT dying isn't part of the NS kit... NS want people dying... all of them. Their own too.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • It's going to be the reyquirements
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    We need somebody to look at the opening crawl of Force Awakens in French. Is it singular or plural when it says, “Luke Skywalker, the Last Jedi”? The new film’s title is a direct quote from the previous film’s opening crawl. Wouldn’t they just copy it word for word? I wonder if they changed it from singular to plural.
This discussion has been closed.