Hermit in the trees/ Wampa in the mountains

Is it worth saving my guild event tokens for Hermit yoda or Wampa? Or use them for gear? Our guild does not get many coins but still enough to get shards for either of those characters every now and then. Who has the hermit yoda? And is it worth it? Same with the yeti...

Replies

• I would suggest farm gear OR Wampa, forget Hermit Yoda he aint no game changer
  • yeah gear or wampa he's a beast
  • ive heard the exact opposite about hermit yoda. he has been the hype of many of the stronger players in my guild. I would also expect that if Jedi Luke ever gets released, hermit yoda will be a requirement for him. I would suggest farming him
  • Going for Yoda for Jedi Luke
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Hermit Yoda at 7 stars will be required to get Rey.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You probably need both Hoda and Wampa for ROTJ Luke. So get both.

You'll regret not having Hoda and Wampa in time if you are buying G12 now instead. That G12 Vader you love so much now will be even more useless when you wish you had Hoda and Wampa at 7*s. Just sayin.
  • I love my Hermit Yoda! He’s only at 5* but he made me jump to the top of a two year old arena shard. Switched focus to wall though.
  • They're both good and worth going after. Some of the better arena teams for O and D have Yoda in them.
  • Hermit yoda IS a game changer IF you run Jedi.
  • Johnoak wrote: »
    Hermit yoda IS a game changer IF you run Jedi.

I dont agree , i think Ackbar (L), CLS, GK, Thrawn is far more effective
  • I sub my g11 zkermit into either my cls lead or gk/zarris squads and he basically changes nothing. Can still reach 1 and will still drop to 15-20. He is fun though. I am also hoping that a full Jedi sqaud woukd be more viable in the future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section.

I will unlock yoda, but he doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm working up wampa for DS TB, seems like he will be a solid addition to different teams
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Johnoak wrote: »

It probably is. But that isn’t the point I was making. Far from it. I was on about Jedi specific teams, which he is a game changer in. HY took me from 200-250 in arena into the top 100, once I get GK I’ll be too 50. That’s game changing for me.
    Jamesm wrote: »

It probably is. But that isn’t the point I was making. Far from it. I was on about Jedi specific teams, which he is a game changer in. HY took me from 200-250 in arena into the top 100, once I get GK I’ll be too 50. That’s game changing for me.

You have just been told a team that would take you to top #1 payout ^_^ take it or leave it,
    BTW I’ll go for Wampa I think, but now I am not farming him yet, I will start him very very soon ^_^
  • You have just been told a team that would take you to top #1 payout ^_^ take it or leave it,

Have you ever thought that if it were as easy as that I’d have already done it? I know what team would pay number one, fairly easy working that out. Farming it as a f2p player is another thing.

The original question was is hermit yoda or Wampa worth the farm. My response was HY 100% is if you run Jedi. Nothing more. Don’t understand how or why we got onto a the discussion of a number 1 arena team.
  • Good info everyone. Can Wampa fit in with any dark side team?

Reading your quote makes it seem like you're saying hes a gamechanger only if you run jedi. Glad its working out for you.
  • Jamesm wrote: »

Reading your quote makes it seem like you're saying hes a gamechanger only if you run jedi. Glad its working out for you.

Fair enough, apologies. Never read it like that myself.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    SunTzu wrote: »
    ive heard the exact opposite about hermit yoda. he has been the hype of many of the stronger players in my guild.

Where's Yoda in here? https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Great thread title tho...makes me think it should be set to music :smiley: a plaintive acoustic strum..."Hermit in the trees, Wampa in the mountainsssss."

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Currently farming yoda just because ive almost finished him, but will definetly move to wampa after i get him to 5 stars
  • I faced a nice time-out team with HY. Ventress (L), NS zombie, GK, zBarris, HY.
  • So I farmed Baze and that was it out of GE store. Saved the rest of my currency. Was planning to spend it all once I had enough to activate Hyoda (which just happened this past week, but now I've pretty well decided to go Wampa first instead, mostly because of what @Winstar said, that both of them will probably be needed for Jedi Luke anyway.

Wampa seems to be the better "plug into any squad" toon and win. Plus seems like he'd be helpful for the Barris meta that's happening. Plus there's a handful of Hyodas on my shard now, but not one Wampa yet, so hoping it could give me a advantage to help me stick top 20, rather than top 50.
  • Hermit Yoda for future new luke.
  • Darthcole wrote: »
    yeah gear or wampa he's a beast

I see what you did there