TW matchmaking [MERGE]

1235Next

Replies

• Weird, I tried that previously but it kept showing up the wrong guild (guilds with similar names).
  • Its all strategy from both sides, we just beat a guild that was 105mil GP, which was 7mil GP more than us...they put too many of their best teams on defense, both in combats & fleet...we won by 1000 points, but if they would hav beaten our last fleet (we had 4 ships remaining in zone) they would hav gotten 1150 points for the zone & won the match.
  • Yotd1076 wrote: »
    Its all strategy from both sides, we just beat a guild that was 105mil GP, which was 7mil GP more than us...they put too many of their best teams on defense, both in combats & fleet...we won by 1000 points, but if they would hav beaten our last fleet (we had 4 ships remaining in zone) they would hav gotten 1150 points for the zone & won the match.
    Can't believe that at the 100M+ GP mark a battle can be lost because of fleets. You can only station 50 in defense and that should easily leave enough in offense to wipe the enemy defense. Were they less than 50 players?
  • Both guilds had really good fleets...my guild had 4 ship squads left in the last zone, and they had 3 ship squads left in the last zone...they weren't one battle wins, most took multiple attacks to win
  • Plus they had 2 combat zones we didnt clear, and we had 3 combat zones they didnt clear...they put too many of their best teams on defense and didnt leave enough to clear our zones out
  • Corvus wrote: »
    Peer wrote: »
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    @Blizzisme I just went through your thread. Major facepalm.

Yeah, people can't do math...

Maybe this is because your initial calculation is wrong? Or because you imply that reducing the number of active players leads to victory automatically? This "strategy" you talk about only works if a guild actually has enough members with the desirable distribution of GP over players/toons.

It will work for every guild with 10 to 20 strong players with lots of g12 toons. it is an exploit to the matchmaking system itself but I doubt CG can do much about that. The only way to get rid of this is to calculate the number of g12, g11, g10 toons and find a match based on this. But I dunno if that is doable and it might also be flawed in some way...

This will be even a bigger problem once you get banner for succesfull defenses...

It doesn't have to be 10-20 g12. That is part.of how we won ours in a landslide. We had 25 players registered, and they weren't able to scratch us. We lost a total of 3 squads compared to total annihilation on their side.
  • Peer wrote: »
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    @Blizzisme I just went through your thread. Major facepalm.

Yeah, people can't do math...

Maybe this is because your initial calculation is wrong? Or because you imply that reducing the number of active players leads to victory automatically? This "strategy" you talk about only works if a guild actually has enough members with the desirable distribution of GP over players/toons.

No, it works in all cases where they don't match both the GP and the number of registered players, because the average GP will always be total registered GP divided by number of registered players. So a 50 player team will ALWAYS have players who are, on average, 50% of the GP(which is a good measure of power) of the players on a 25 GP team if they are matched together.
  • V3NTR3SS wrote: »
    Similar thread in flight on Reddit. I see this becoming a concern. Especially to those in the 60-90M GP range. It is looking like a a gameable strategy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7hmtfr/are_tw_pairings_bunk_and_gameable/?st=JAT7ZPOG&sh=ba848742

This is a really insightful post on the problem. I think the best solution would be to match based on the gp of only g9+ toons (ie the ones you invested in making combat worthy). Much harder to game the system if it only counts your combat ready toons for matchmaking.
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Introduce points for the first guild to take their opponents territory? Simple way to break any tie. Alternatively if both guilds take out their opposing guild simply give both guilds first place. Two simple approaches to keep people engaged.
  • The easiest way is to simply add 5 banners for a defensive win. Simple as that really.
  • Johnoak wrote: »
    The easiest way is to simply add 5 banners for a defensive win. Simple as that really.

+1. But I’d do 7 banners per defensive win. An Odd number would allow less of a chance for a tie. ie. +5 would be 2 defensive wins to one offensive win. +7 would be 14 to 10. As 2 defensive wins should equal more than 1 offensive win.

• ZetaShooter88
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    It’s only 8m. That’s a 14% increase. High end guilds can tie easily.

If a top arena team is between 105k to 90k power and if we were to say that a top team is on average 100k which on the high end. Then do the math. 8m/100k is 80 top arena teams. That is enough to fill up more than 3 full territories...

8 million gp is a massive difference in terms of power and the guild with that kind of advantage will win 100% of the time. I don't have the slightest doubt about that.

not all teams are created equal, a more powerful clone team is still just a clone team (under AI control). there are limits to what a team can do no matter the number associated with it. 8M-10M is really not that much.

Are you kidding?? Must be messing with us right?? Lol 8-10 million difference not much? Like buddy said that's around 80-100 extra arena teams. That's not a big difference? 80-100 ARENA teams. Like we are talking cls monster teams at 100k. 80+ more of them. Lol. Ya that's super easy to deal with. Just a couple sections of all monster arena teams. No biggie right?? Lol