Rey's new name

Replies

• SpeedRacer wrote: »
    She has a new name in the new movie, just watched it, not gonna spoiler anything here, u will now soon.

The press release has not even happened so you have not watched the film other than trailers. The company I work for gets to see the movie the same day as press release. No one will see it prior.

+1 for debunking the Fake news
  • Leon4107
    77 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So um.. I'm not reading anything about the theory that Battlefront 2 spawned?
    that she is Iden Versio and the one dudes daughter. When Kylo Ren is interrogating the guy, he delves into his memories. Down the rabbit hole, we find out Iden left him and took the daughter. That she is hiding something important. The guy warns the first order not to go looking for her. Maybe he means Iden.. or maybe he means the daughter? Saying it won't go well for them....
  • I take back what i said avout not reading that soneone else mentioned. Spent the 30 minutes reading just now. Opps
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Rey Ban !
    She has a new name in the new movie, just watched it, not gonna spoiler anything here, u will now soon.

The press release has not even happened so you have not watched the film other than trailers. The company I work for gets to see the movie the same day as press release. No one will see it prior.

Ok, u asked for, so Rey father is:
    Jar Jar Binks
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

Jar Jar Binks

And the whole starwars franchise goes down the toilet

Jar Jar Binks

Lol
  • Rey (Force Spirit)
  • Rey Palpatine,
    Unique ability, same as buff on tw for resistantance.
    Protection up on expose hit
  • island_journey_rey.jpeg

Rey (Island Journey)
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Looks more like pie shop journey!

Who ate all the pies Rey perhaps?
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • I'm on an island with a drink in hand that is in danger of being lost in episode 8 Rey.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I saw it too, its good isn't it. Not what I was expecting. Never thought Snoke is who he is, nor Rey!
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    REY (Jedi Training)

How disappointing ...
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yup, my money is on Rey for this reason, too. Although based on her action figure that was just released it will be "jedi training Rey"; she's not a Jedi yet.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1297366#Comment_1297366

I called it over 2 months ago. :)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    New name: Pay to Play Rey

(Also the name of the event)
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Omeah wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    REY (Jedi Training)

How disappointing ...

She's called that literally EVERYWHERE, what did you expect?

Rey Ban !
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Rey (Panic Farm)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kat
    31 posts Member
    I really hope she will get jedi tag, i farm her just for this and the jedis are so behind since cls and rebel release. They really need her now cause it's not with Hermit yoda and his useless zeta which never proc on defense arena they will be good.
    Hey be indulgent pls, my english is just basic!
  • Omeah wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    REY (Jedi Training)

How disappointing ...

She's called that literally EVERYWHERE, what did you expect?

Nope, her name in swgoh has been Rey ( Starkiller Base) on the cantina node.

"The Last Jedi" Rey is referrred to as "Rey (Jedi Training)". I was hoping for "The Force Awakens" Rey , which would have been "Rey (Starkiller Base)".

Aka "Movie Spoiler Rey", although at least now they can't realize another Rey until episode 9
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Ah, but "the last" is singular.

The last horses means more than one horse
  • Asic wrote: »

I am a Jedi, like my father before me. Singular
    The Jedi have openly revolted against the Republic - plural use

The story is about Luke, the last surviving Jedi, the main focus of the movie.
  • Since the new cannon gave the name Ben to Han Solo's son, Rey will probably take the place of Jaina Solo.
    Rey Solo?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Asic wrote: »

Wouldn't proper grammer state: The last of the horses? - because horse (singular) and horses (plural) are different.

your point would be better suited to this: The last sheep (which is both singular and plural as is the last jedi).
  • KenLi wrote: »
    Since the new cannon gave the name Ben to Han Solo's son, Rey will probably take the place of Jaina Solo.
    Rey Solo?

Rey is not her true name. It’s the name she read on the inside of a Rebel Pilots helmet she puts on in the film. Finn is also obviously not his name. Most speculate he is Landos kid.
  • What does Rey "Jedi Training" mean? She trains jedi?

It doesn't sound like proper English.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Kylo and Solo don’t rhyme. They have assonance at best.

Please god no....just no. That is a horrible way to explain Rey's backstory. It would also negate all 6 films about Anakins rise, fall and redemption when he killed palpatine.....just no.
  • want5umcand1
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    Saltine died and never gave birth... plus the timeline would not make sense... she is not obi wans daughter... it makes almost no sense if you have watched every single Star Wars episode and movie. He is strictly against romanticism. If anything it is Quinn Lin vos daughter or derived like anakin... through the force.

Lol Saltine......that **** crumbled.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Disney spent four billion on Star Wars, they will always take the safe route and keep the casual fans happy first and foremost. They aren't going kill the franchaise for the sake of being a rebel.

For this reason, Rey will stay a good guy and be a Kenobi for the standard Star Wars big reveal, and no way Snoke is anybody but Plagueis. Kylo will die in part three trying to redeem himself.

Midichlorians is unspoken non-canon.

I hope you are right. The prequels were an abomination. The best thing to happen to the franchise was to turn over the creative control to anyone other than Lucas.

Um the only thing that was an abomination was TFA's writing. It is a horrible film that feels like what a producer thinks people liked about SW. I feel like im taking crazy pills reading so many articles stating TFA was a great film and they are glad J.J. is returning for ep.9. Did we watch the same film? Its entertaining but it fits right in with all the other "safe" reboots going on. Did the prequels have cringe worthy moments, yes but most movies will have them in a scene or two. If they were such bad movies then why are the good scenes quoted so much? Its easy to get on the prequels are bad TFA eas good band wagon but think for yourself. Quit saying bad movies are good and maybe they will stop making trash reboots over and over. So many scenes were convieniantly or just badly written in TFA. It also takes a ton of supplimental material just to find out what is happening in Ep.7. I really thought Corusant was the planet Starkiller base blew up....Finn has a revelation when his trooper friend gets killed(by Poe) so he quits the first order and shoots half of his other friends on the way out of the hangar while laughing hysterically. Rey can use force powers without being trained the first time she attempts them. She also beats Kylo on her first fight and he was trained by not only Snoke but Luke himself. Finn gets carried by a Rocknar just long enough to escape while the others get eaten instanly. Finn also happens to fight the one trooper who can go against a lightsaber and Jedi have been gone for 40+ years. I can go on and on. Its bad. Sorry. I really tried to make myself like it but no. I hope ep.8 redeems it.