Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• JalenVane
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon how about a small double drop on those nodes? Eh eh? It would make us much more happy and help us keep playing more and more :D
  • Ha ha hate leads to the dark side ha ha. Everybody freaking body knew that this will be the requirements about two weeks before event why hate. If u had a business and u wanted to make money this is how u do it. They lost money w bf2 trying to push me the envelope this is the what the model has been if u think about it. I will get here next time ftp for life my vets are four stars and I having really been farming and I don't ever refresh so next time people next time. It about enjoyment not frustrating yourself now whales and guppies get to buying and thanks in advance for keeping me playing ftp i salute u.
  • What about her kit?
    If I'm going to panic FARM I would like to see her ability @CG_Kozispoon
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    So it’s literally impossible for an F2P to unlock Rey given both Vets are in cantina nodes. Really disappointed.
  • Can we unlock Rey at 5 stars?
  • gatormatt wrote: »
    On to more pressing matters... Will the Vets get the Resistance Tag?

@gatormatt Nope.
    https://www.reddit.com//r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7hqntm/vet_tags_change/dqv0dlz/
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Osisiv wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Ok, f off CG. I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.

I’m in the exact same situation. The event should’ve started in Januari to give f2p players a chance to get her if they went all in

F2P should not get everything right away for FREE. You have no right to be angry if you don't spend. How in the world do you expect everything given to you for FREE?

Who in their right mind would spend money if you didn't have to? I guess you can't understand since you don't understand the concept of money.

I will enjoy reading your bitter wailing.

Because since CG got rid of Aurodium packs, there hasn’t been a single ptp character, and especially not one that has drastically changed the game (a la CLS). If theres a new legendary toon, there is always enough time to farm the required characters, if theres a new marquee character, everyone has them unlocked and usable, and if theres a new raid toon, it might take ftp player’s a bit longer to unlock them, but they’re still available. Every player, regardless of whether they spend money, has the capability to unlock these characters. This is not the case with the new Rey.
  • Katina wrote: »
    I’m f2p and started farming them when they appeared in shipments. Just finished them so I’m ready! It was obvious they’d be required.

So did I and mine aren't even 6 stars. How did you manage to do that without spending money? I've used all 3 100 refreshes since they became farmable.

400 crystals from ship arena, 150 from squad arena, whatever other crystals you get including the freebies for cg muck ups. Decent RNG in the main, bought from shipments when I had the crystals. I can assure you I haven’t spent a penny on them.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    150 away on each of the vets to 7*...

Sell me two vet bundles and we'll call it even okay CG? Please!!! I'll play your darn Jedi mind games.

giphy.gif

• spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I farmed both my fo and resistance back in early summer in anticipation of last jedi events. I prepared as much as I could. but I didn't hoard crystals so now I get burned due to needing vets at 7. I have been farming both vets with 2 to 3 refreshes a day and still only have them at five stars. I have spent money in the past, but being a student, i dont have $$$ to blow on a video game. Instead i spent months preparing and am still gonna get the shaft.I am really unhappy with this. Unfortunately disappointment was expected.
  • Charzypants
    248 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It doesn't say the vets are required at 7* does it ?

This is still assumed...?

Edit. Nevermind it does say it above.

Le sigh.
  • I'm F2P player and after her hero journey was announced, I was stacking all my currencies, waiting for vets to appear somewhere and as soon as they appeared I farmed them with 5 refreshes a days and bought some shards from shipment. Currently have Han 7* and Chewie 5/100.
  • Just curious who actually has these? Is there a way to check on swgoh.gg?
  • SFJarJarBinks
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Kitten... The kitten..in droprates make it nearly impossible to get fo trooper and vets early enough!
    This is a nice Christmas present €A.
    Thanks a lot!
  • Ftp should have banked 10K crystals and 1000 Cantina energy when double drops hit. Then 3x100 refresh plus buying shards if you have crystals.

• well it makes it easy for me, i can just stop farming stuff and ignore rey, i refuse to spend that ammount of money on those 2 veteran chars, absolutely refuse.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member

Did you click the link?
  • It doesn't say the vets are required at 7* does it ?

Edit. Nevermind it does say it above.

Le sigh.

No its official now
  • It doesn't say the vets are required at 7* does it ?

“You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event:”

She may unlock prior to 7*. Still unknown.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Better question: who will have them 7* without spending money?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member

It does on EA's website. Waiting to see if her kit is worth the farm, not bothering with Hermit Yoda or Wampa right now so I don't have to have every toon.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Lol KITTEN!
  • Not even close in a wet dream
  • Woohoo! No Falcon requirement. I’ve been F2P farming them since they showed up in shipments. Got them to 5* before they hit the cantina, used 3 days of refreshes stockpiled for the double drop event. Still 160 shards away but at ~10 per day I’ll get it.

I couldn’t have done it without the fleet arena crystal change though. I place top 5 in fleet every day.

*happy dance*
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Better question: who will have them 7* without spending money?

Nobody. It’s literallt impossible to 7* them before the end of the event as an F2P player.
  • And how much did it cost you? Trying to figure out if it’s worth it to pursue rey.
  • Goustie
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    so for her is needed ten 7* special chars.. cause of first order and their retarted FO stormtrooper with one drop place with five tries.. playing it almost two years kitten
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I sure hope we get a healthy helping of double drops before then.....