Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• I dunno. They’re a game company, but they’re a programming company - I’m sure they’ve got tons of data and number-crunching done.
    I would say wait to see the packs that they start selling - I’m betting they’ll help nudge the $50 players toward $80 and so forth.

Speaking as a F2P player, I’m ok with it. I’m probably going to have a 7* BB8 by the end of the week. If I’m right about the 2nd ‘recurring’ event, then I’ll probably have CLS by the end of the month. And hopefully both will help boost my guild’s power enough that we can start working on Kenobi. There’s still plenty to do. I’ll catch Rey next time round
  • scuba wrote: »
    She will have
    1. Basic that does damage
    2. Special that does some stuff
    3. Probably couple unique abilities that do things

Seems op. Prob should call for the nerf now.
  • I totally agree with the sense of injustice; CLS was doable, this is just unreasonable to achieve.

Funny thing is, they'll have put lots of effort into designing this hero journey event, yet only a handful of the player base will actually experience it!

Hope the cash was worth it CG.
  • you also have the time during the event to farm
    Iamtheskye wrote: »
    A lot of players want to be able to get Rey. Please bring back doubld drops. I have been farming veterans since Nov 1st when you announced rey's hero journey. There was no true indication that you would need the veterans. I am 32 shards away from getting V. HAN to 7 stars, and 180 shards from getting V. CHEWIE to 7 stars.

With less than 10 days till Rey's Hero Journey, it will not he possible to get these tooms up to 7 stars.

V. Chewie 640 crystals for 8 shards. = 22.5 purchases. = 14400 Crystals...

oh would still need the 32 V. Han shards. Thats 2,560 crystals. Totaling over 17,000 crystals.

Good new is that's only $110.00

I am ok spending $20.00 to get there... $110 for one toon. And i have already been farming the veterans so its not spending $200 like most people would need to do.

Please bring back double drops to help other players.

• The event should’ve started in Januari to give f2p players a chance :

I’m not f2p and this still nearly impossible . Not all p2p are bottomless pits of cash. This game is starting to exceed the cost of almost all other types of entertainment . Sad.
  • Her kit is God mode even though she is not fully trained by Luke before the Knights Of Ren interrupt her training and kidnap her.
  • Baldusi
    85 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Baldusi wrote: »
    I have been farming FO since the day BB-8 first appeared. The I started buying (F2P) the vets from shipments since the day Rey’s Journey was announced. Then I’ve been doing 3 refreshes with any surplus spent on vets in shipments. If you can get top 50 in Arena and top 10 in fleet and only spent on the vets since the announcement of the journey, it was doable.

Ok, so if you did that and ignored everything else in the game, then you might have been ready. Cool, after this should I just ignore TB, TW, and my raids to get ready for the Heroic event next June?

I was lucky enough to get CLS on the first try. I kept doing the normal 50gem refreshes, kept doing dalies, doing raids, etc. Being F2P means you are not used to spend gems for toons, gear, etc.
    But I recognize you needed to be an elite F2P. But if you are not, you most probably should be working on getting CLS anyways.
    Is it wrong to make an event that only the top 1% F2P will get the first time around? I didn’t got any Heroic toon on the first try, and yet I didn’t complained nor left the game. Ditto for most events like Nightsisters, and such. Only event I do on the first time, are Heroic. And I have an amazing guild that helps me get top rewards. But I digress.
  • DieInFire wrote: »
    If you are going to make her unlockable at 7*, with TWO CANTINA 16 energy node farm, least you could sous to give us more time to farm them.

I don't know how do you expect f2p to unlock this, or maybe that's the deal, making p2p exclusive.

I know there were rumours, but that's what this were: rumours.

They don't exepct F2p to unlock her...I think that is the point of the company making money.
  • entertaining forum. keep the whines and complaints about not being given something and also not doing something about what was obvious to a star trek fan coming
  • Her kit is God mode even though she is not fully trained by Luke before the Knights Of Ren interrupt her training and kidnap her.

I thought Kathleen Kennedy et al. , nixed the Knights of Ren officially?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Sao
    47 posts Member
    She's gonna have the ability to ignore stealth (good bye Zombie/Acolyte).
  • leef wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

F2p here, I'll probably manage to get her, better luck next time folks

Not without spending crystals that you paid for likely. Unless you saved crystals for like 4 months prior

Bingo. Lotta p2p players on here pretending they aren't buying or are one of the only ones who magically saved the 15,000 crystals needed to farm the veterans...

there's also lotta people on here pretending it's impossible even for nifty f2p players though ;)

There's more people acting like "just win the lottery" is a valid business strategy. Because that's what a top 5 FTP basically did. They got lucky. Seeded into a shard with low spenders that they managed to get more 20+ secondary speed mods than. Having the zeta challenge drop 4 mats vs others getting several weeks of 0's. Getting good RNG isnt a skill, and is basically all that separates you from the rest of the top 100 with your same team comp.
  • Sao wrote: »
    She's gonna have the ability to ignore stealth (good bye Zombie/Acolyte).

All AOE characters have that already. :)
  • Baldusi wrote: »
    Baldusi wrote: »
    I have been farming FO since the day BB-8 first appeared. The I started buying (F2P) the vets from shipments since the day Rey’s Journey was announced. Then I’ve been doing 3 refreshes with any surplus spent on vets in shipments. If you can get top 50 in Arena and top 10 in fleet and only spent on the vets since the announcement of the journey, it was doable.

Ok, so if you did that and ignored everything else in the game, then you might have been ready. Cool, after this should I just ignore TB, TW, and my raids to get ready for the Heroic event next June?

I was lucky enough to get CLS on the first try. I kept doing the normal 50gem refreshes, kept doing dalies, doing raids, etc. Being F2P means you are not used to spend gems for toons, gear, etc.

No, being F2P means you aren't spending $$ on the game. If you are dropping $20/month on this game you are not F2P.
  • leef wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

Not without spending crystals that you paid for likely. Unless you saved crystals for like 4 months prior

Bingo. Lotta p2p players on here pretending they aren't buying or are one of the only ones who magically saved the 15,000 crystals needed to farm the veterans...

there's also lotta people on here pretending it's impossible even for nifty f2p players though ;)

I don't think it's impossible for f2p players to get her. I just think it's unlikely. Unless you've been playing for over a year, you definitely won't get her as f2p. Even if you've been playing for over a year, you probably have to have 200+ gems to spend daily for refreshes on the VSs, and if you're going to get her f2p you probably needed FO and Resistance farmed before VSs were released for farming.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

There's more people acting like "just win the lottery" is a valid business strategy. Because that's what a top 5 FTP basically did. They got lucky. Seeded into a shard with low spenders that they managed to get more 20+ secondary speed mods than. Having the zeta challenge drop 4 mats vs others getting several weeks of 0's. Getting good RNG isnt a skill, and is basically all that separates you from the rest of the top 100 with your same team comp.

+1
  • I’m f2p and I’m at 79/100 and 29/100.
    Will have them’ready For sure now.

Don’t say it was impossible for f2p. In fact it was this time. It only asked you to prepare since a bit more than 1 month.

We all knew prerequisite since a while. We all knew vets will be needed.

I started to bank cristals. Had 15k when vets poped in cantina. Also prepared 1000energy for double drop launch.

Sure I bought for 10k cristal of shards in the shop. But all these cristals were acquired from arenas. Ok I’m top 5 ship and top 10 arena everyday.
  • Saladius wrote: »
    I’m f2p and I’m at 79/100 and 29/100.

Don’t say it was impossible for f2p. In fact it was this time. It only asked you to prepare since a bit more than 1 month.

I started to bank cristals. Had 15k when vets poped in cantina. Also prepared 1000energy for double drop launch.

Sure I bought for 10k cristal of shards in the shop. But all these cristals were acquired from arenas. Ok I’m top 5 ship and top 10 arena everyday.

If you bought 10K of crystals you clearly don't understand what f2p means...
  • Title say it all. New Rey is farmable as a F2P as long as you did save some crystal for the event. This route is way forgiving then they route that some triple AAA title went with loot boxes. Thanks again EA/CG for not caving into that trap. We appreciate it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

yea yea, it's just luck. haha.
    i'd also like to note that no one in my top100 uses the same team comp as i do ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!

no he is saying he used in crystals to buy shards in the shop, not spend for crystals. thats F2P
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    it's a freemium game, the whole game is a trap. I think gucci mane even made a song about it.
    edit: merged comment, totally out of context, lol.
    Save water, drink champagne!

No, it’s not totally clear from the way it’s said (English might be a second language) but they bought most of the shards with crystals earned from arena and fleet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    "We all knew that the Vets would be needed."

No, we did not know. Knowing implies certainty. Congrats for guessing correctly.

Now imagine a world where it wasn't the Vets, but rather 2-3 different characters. How furious would you be in this moment? If your answer isn't "burst-blood-vessel, blood-pouring-out-of-my-nose-angry", then you're lying to yourself.

An awful lot of people here are breaking their arms patting themselves on the back for their fantastic luck. Please try to develop a modicum of self-awareness.

While his grammar was a bit lacking it’s pretty obvious he means he spent 10k crystals on shards in the shop. The 10k crystals he got from arena/fleet arena.
  • banevader wrote: »
    Saladius wrote: »

no he is saying he used in crystals to buy shards in the shop, not spend for crystals. thats F2P

Whoops! My bad.
  • Just greatful that it farmable, not easy but doable. Much better then any loot box system. I am F2P and save up just enough crystal to make it happen.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Yup ready to go!!
    image.png

Yup. We got it. You win the lack of self control competition. Congratulations.
  • Calx wrote: »
    "We all knew that the Vets would be needed."

No, we did not know. Knowing implies certainty. Congrats for guessing correctly.

Now imagine a world where it wasn't the Vets, but rather 2-3 different characters. How furious would you be in this moment? If your answer isn't "burst-blood-vessel, blood-pouring-out-of-my-nose-angry", then you're lying to yourself.

An awful lot of people here are breaking their arms patting themselves on the back for their fantastic luck. Please try to develop a modicum of self-awareness.

Luck? Good lord, it was a well reasoned theory, with plenty of evidence to support it.