Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Calx wrote: »
    "We all knew that the Vets would be needed."

No, we did not know. Knowing implies certainty. Congrats for guessing correctly.

Now imagine a world where it wasn't the Vets, but rather 2-3 different characters. How furious would you be in this moment? If your answer isn't "burst-blood-vessel, blood-pouring-out-of-my-nose-angry", then you're lying to yourself.

An awful lot of people here are breaking their arms patting themselves on the back for their fantastic luck. Please try to develop a modicum of self-awareness.

Lmao +1, +1 I say!
  • Calx wrote: »

No, we did not know. Knowing implies certainty. Congrats for guessing correctly.

Now imagine a world where it wasn't the Vets, but rather 2-3 different characters. How furious would you be in this moment? If your answer isn't "burst-blood-vessel, blood-pouring-out-of-my-nose-angry", then you're lying to yourself.

An awful lot of people here are breaking their arms patting themselves on the back for their fantastic luck. Please try to develop a modicum of self-awareness.

Oh please. It doesn’t take the mental facilities of Einstein to realize that the Vets were going to be required. They said it would follow the same style as Luke’s event, which means go back and look at TFA and see who Rey interacts with. Then match that up with characters in the game. I’ll give you a hint, Han and Chewie both fit the bill.

I’ll grant you that we didn’t know it with certainty, but it was hardly blind luck that people started farming them.

As for self awareness I suspect you could do with some as well.
  • Velomark wrote: »
    Calx wrote: »

Oh please. It doesn’t take the mental facilities of Einstein to realize that the Vets were going to be required. They said it would follow the same style as Luke’s event, which means go back and look at TFA and see who Rey interacts with. Then match that up with characters in the game. I’ll give you a hint, Han and Chewie both fit the bill.

I’ll grant you that we didn’t know it with certainty, but it was hardly blind luck that people started farming them.

What "style" of Luke's event required premium toons that weren't available for node farming until two weeks prior to the event?
  • Nerfevader
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    dolphin here. will have no problem on the first round. please don't speak for all dolphins without facts.
  • Cantina nodes are also no guarantee. Everyone realizes there isn't a shard packed inside every 1 of 4 right? You could have 2 identical F2P players excersise the exact same strategy and one will be able to get Rey while the other will not. The chance of any node dropping a shard is is the same each and every time. You could get 5 in 5 or 1 in 20.
  • Seeing lots of complaints about the vets and farming them. Well, at least everyone complaining CAN farm the vets. Can't get passed 8-B. I've tried everything. Can't get passed it with all my characters and any combination of them that I put together. Even used teams I see people using in their YouTube videos. Nothing is working. I'm also only using characters that are 7-star, level 85, maxed abilities (except zetas), and those gear 9 and and above. But it looks like I'm not getting the new Rey. I'll have to sit out the event this time and wait for next time. Probably won't have Vet Han and Chewie nodes unlocked by then either. Most I can do is max Vet Han and Chewie's abilities and gear them and get them to level 85. I'm also 100% free to play. I guess I could just get through the first couple tiers though. Only required characters I have 7-star for Rey event are Scavenger Rey and Finn. BB-8 is 6-star, but I'm sure I can easily do the final tier of the BB-8 event. I think my First Order is ready. They are all 7-star at least. Well, except the two new characters.

What "style" of Luke's event required premium toons that weren't available for node farming until two weeks prior to the event?

The requiremnts were characters that played a part in said journey not how long a character had been farmable.
  • Another FTP who’s never spent a dime on the game, but should be on track to get her. I’ve been hoarding crystals, just doing 3x100 refreshes on the vets in cantina. I have 20k crystals stored from arenas (top 5 in both daily), which will now be going into shipment shards to help finish off the farm. It’s been hard to resist the temptation to use those crystals elsewhere (I don’t think I’ve ever been higher 2,000), but just had to keep reminding myself it’d be worth it in the end.

It’s not easy but it can be done.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2017
    Hiya,
    Couple things:
    • The Character requirements for Rey's Hero's Journey have been released only. Plenty more information to come!
    • Good deal of questions made here will be answered in the upcoming Content Update notes.
    • Teams hard at work today getting the Content Update done. Barring any shenanigans, we're looking to push this near end of day. Please keep an eye on the Game Update Status post for further updates.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • SithlordGamble
    121 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    le_goat wrote: »
    I really shouldn't be surprised that they are doing this again, but it gets me every time. You'd think I'd learn not to get let down by this sort of garbage. Of course, they do have whales to feed, and those whales are putting some people's kids through college.

That maybe true.
    You’re right, the whales that have taken the easy way out and have paid for their privilege, deserve to get her.
    I agree.

But that doesn’t mean that the veteran players that have been playing since the very beginning and have worked for their rosters and strength don’t deserve her just as equally.

The players that have been here from the beginning deserve an equal opportunity at obtaining new toons as the whales do.

Why do the vets deserve to be left in the dust?

The game doesn’t exist without the whales. That’s true.
    But it also doesn’t exist without the veteran players either.
    The game needs both to survive long term.
  • Come on the idea of Finn BB8 and the vets has been around for a month or more.

What does style have to do with who was farmable where? The style was to follow the events of ANH. The characters Luke interacted with most were required. Now look at the style or Rey’s event. It’s the characters she BLOODY WORKED WITH ON THE MOVIE!!!! OMG! No one could have seen THAT coming!

Now it still sucks that the farm is stupidly difficult, but to claim it is a blind luck guess is ****.
  • Odd. I swear those ****s aren’t profanity. :)
  • Seeing lots of complaints about the vets and farming them. Well, at least everyone complaining CAN farm the vets. Can't get passed 8-B. I've tried everything. Can't get passed it with all my characters and any combination of them that I put together. Even used teams I see people using in their YouTube videos. Nothing is working. I'm also only using characters that are 7-star, level 85, maxed abilities (except zetas), and those gear 9 and and above. But it looks like I'm not getting the new Rey. I'll have to sit out the event this time and wait for next time. Probably won't have Vet Han and Chewie nodes unlocked by then either. Most I can do is max Vet Han and Chewie's abilities and gear them and get them to level 85. I'm also 100% free to play. I guess I could just get through the first couple tiers though. Only required characters I have 7-star for Rey event are Scavenger Rey and Finn. BB-8 is 6-star, but I'm sure I can easily do the final tier of the BB-8 event. I think my First Order is ready. They are all 7-star at least. Well, except the two new characters.

Shoot me a PM if you need a ally like CLS or GK to help beat rach node. Both are G12 with 12 gear.
  • I dont care for her, finn nor bb8, im actually ok not having fake jedi rey, not going to panic farm or panic spend, back to working on more dark side toons for tb
  • For all the actors of this argue, is December, the month with Christmas, this means Giving and ask all of us to be Better and Kindly.
    We shall all think about that and act accordingly.

Make no mistake, I said all the actors of this argue.

Wish everyone well!
  • Will there be any packs in the store for the veteran smugglers for the upcoming events?
    I'm no whale and have vet han on 77/85 and vet chewie on 0/85
  • Hiya,
    Couple things:
    • The Character requirements for Rey's Hero's Journey have been released only. Plenty more information to come!
    • Good deal of questions made here will be answered in the upcoming Content Update notes.
    • Teams hard at work today getting the Content Update done. Barring any shenanigans, we're looking to push this near end of day. Please keep an eye on the Game Update Status post for further updates.

Well done.
    So maybe there will be other ways to obtain vets shards ...
  • god i only have my guys at like, 2-3 stars so no way im getting her by dec 15
  • Hopefully they have a non crystal pack available as those are defined quantity of shards

Shoot me a PM if you need a ally like CLS or GK to help beat rach node. Both are G12 with 12 gear.

I borrowed a G12 GK from someone to help out. He didn't help out at all. He was the final one left, but he got taken out quickly. The Rey in 8-B took him out in two hits with assistance from the others.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Hiya,
    Couple things:

Thank you. Fingers crossed for vet bundle packs.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Velomark wrote: »

It's obviously not blind luck, but it's also not completely devoid of luck. Yes, this was the most likely scenario, but it was far from certain.

Hence the hypo: what if they weren't required? Would all of these same people who are patting themselves on the back in this thread for their exquisite planning be (rightly) furious that they were "tricked" into farming two 16-energy characters that weren't needed for Rey? If someone then told those people "hey, no one said to farm them. It was all theory!! You made a good guess, you missed, kinda sucks but sorry", would you be even more furious? Again, if you're being honest with yourself, then the answer is "yes, I would be furious".
  • Just some numbers in case anybody in marketing is listening.. I have been willing to drop a few bucks in the past to make things happen for these events.. you've put this one flat out of my reach..

I've farmed cantina since it opened.. while it may not be the normal experience in drop rates I doubt I have managed 20%.. I have access to enough crystals to do 4-5 refreshes easily.. I've chosen not to on most days.. you missed an opportunity - I would have supplemented during double drops - but 2 times 0 is ZERO..

I would consider a crate purchase a major purchase and by the best of my calculations $100 would get me only half of the almost 400 shards I need.. so I'd be making a huge gamble to buy the crate since I can't be sure I can farm the other 200 in the next 15 days.. thanks for crushing our hope.

You guys didn't learn a lesson with the BF2 debacle?
  • I propose to let the people work and see what they prepare for us. Then we will discuss about it. Until then is pointless.
  • Here’s my desperate wish that vets are a given event toon! Another festivus miracle!
  • Why did you guys even bother with the survey about the CLS event?
  • Hiya,
    Couple things:

Thanks Kozi! You guys do a great job!