Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• So the 2nd recurring event on the calendar will be CLS mythic event. @Kyno you thought you were slick telling me they wouldn’t call CLS a recurring event earlier didn’t ya?? Lol. But they specifically call the mythic events recurring. And there’s no other event planned around that time frame.

It actually says in the update that mythic events are re done legendary events, not hero's journeys.

Well there’s no legendary event scheduled around the time of the blank recurring event either so what does that tell me?? It’s telling me CLS will be back for Christmas
  • Um, the in game notice implied double drops for everything, not just the characters needed for Rey. Please clarify.

No, it says its for Rey, Finn, and the Veteran Smugglers only.

"In preparation for Rey's Hero's Journey, please enjoy double drops from 12/8/17 through 12/09/17 (12:00AM – 11:59PM Player Local Time)! You can find these double drops for the following Character nodes:
    Finn
    Rey (Scavenger)
    Veteran Smuggler Chewie
    Veteran Smuggler Han
    "

The text was, and I quote: "In preparation for Rey's Hero's Journey, please enjoy double drops from 12/8/17 through 12/9/17 (Player Local Time)!"
  • That's some darn lazy coding fix for resistance trooper. Let's not fix him to make him work like he did before the debuff counter thing, let's just change the wording on his unique.
  • Awesome update! Thanks!
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    Will it be more clear in game when the Mythic event ends, even if you haven't finished the legendary event? Like does it end at midnight local time on Sunday? I'm definitely finishing BB8 this time, but probs would have till the end since I've still got a few kylo shards to go. But I'll def speed it up if the mythic event ends before bb8s legendary does.

Super stoked about new mythic events! Hope they come to all the legendary events! If they're fairly regular this could be the new way we've needed to farm mods, considering cantina energy is in such high demand.

Mythic events will run on the weekends. They run 7AM UTC Saturday for 48 hours. (Daylight savings may push this an hour depending on where you live.) If you want to do the Mythic this time around, you would need to complete Tier 7 of the Legendary by late Sunday and allow for the time it would take to do the Mythic tiers.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • No double drop for First Order????
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    This update is just good clean fun! Thanks!
  • Um, the in game notice implied double drops for everything, not just the characters needed for Rey. Please clarify.

No, it says its for Rey, Finn, and the Veteran Smugglers only.

"In preparation for Rey's Hero's Journey, please enjoy double drops from 12/8/17 through 12/09/17 (12:00AM – 11:59PM Player Local Time)! You can find these double drops for the following Character nodes:
    Finn
    Rey (Scavenger)
    Veteran Smuggler Chewie
    Veteran Smuggler Han
    "

The text was, and I quote: "In preparation for Rey's Hero's Journey, please enjoy double drops from 12/8/17 through 12/9/17 (Player Local Time)!"

Yes, sorry, I misread your first comment. He is right, the in-game notice is misleading.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Will it be more clear in game when the Mythic event ends, even if you haven't finished the legendary event? Like does it end at midnight local time on Sunday? I'm definitely finishing BB8 this time, but probs would have till the end since I've still got a few kylo shards to go. But I'll def speed it up if the mythic event ends before bb8s legendary does.

Super stoked about new mythic events! Hope they come to all the legendary events! If they're fairly regular this could be the new way we've needed to farm mods, considering cantina energy is in such high demand.

Mythic events will run on the weekends. They run 7AM UTC Saturday for 48 hours. (Daylight savings may push this an hour depending on where you live.) If you want to do the Mythic this time around, you would need to complete Tier 7 of the Legendary by late Sunday and allow for the time it would take to do the Mythic tiers.

Can we get these updated on the event calendar? I guess this is probably meant to be a surprise but...what's the second one for?

• Well there’s no legendary event scheduled around the time of the blank recurring event either so what does that tell me?? It’s telling me CLS will be back for Christmas

Its telling me R2 D2. They wouldn't put it on the schedule yet just like they didn't put bb8 on the schedule. CLS will happen the day after the R2 D2 event ends.
  • Airia wrote: »
    Double drops are nice, but why aren't they closer to the event, I won't hit 83 till right before the event, so can't even panic farm the vets :(

Also... where is the first order packs for BB-8, FOST is such a ridiculous farm, especially since you only get two possible yellow nodes till 85'ish where you open a third. WTB FOST pack.

I just finished up my Nihilus. I farmed him for about 3 months, on a single hard node.. And I’m 93/100 on FOST which had taken me barely a month - Don’t whine about it, the faction is end-game

• Well there’s no legendary event scheduled around the time of the blank recurring event either so what does that tell me?? It’s telling me CLS will be back for Christmas

Its telling me R2 D2. They wouldn't put it on the schedule yet just like they didn't put bb8 on the schedule. CLS will happen the day after the R2 D2 event ends.

Booo! We just had like 2 R2 events very recently. I hope you’re wrong. But I concede the point to you good sir.
  • Mythic stuff looks fun, nice idea for an update, thanks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • []

Booo! We just had like 2 R2 events very recently. I hope you’re wrong. But I concede the point to you good sir.

I'm only speculating this because it seems,that there are two "droid" events between each "hero" event so far, and this would be the 2nd R2 since the CLS event. I'm hoping it is anyway because I still need R2 for CLS lol. I could be wrong though but I so hope I'm right

Legendary events happen with some time inbetween - We have a LOT of events happening currently, and we literally JUST had R2, so I’m having my doubts about that. We’re most likely to see someone like CLS or Chimaera.
  • []

I'm only speculating this because it seems,that there are two "droid" events between each "hero" event so far, and this would be the 2nd R2 since the CLS event. I'm hoping it is anyway because I still need R2 for CLS lol. I could be wrong though but I so hope I'm right

You probably are. But I know we just had an R2 event at the end of Nov and I got him the event before that which was in October so they probably go for 3 months in a row. Which doesn’t seem very legendary to me.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »

Thank you so much Cap! Super helpful! Excited to see this new challenge you've created for us. I'm guessing it's gonna be a doozy
  • So in that raid booster pack CG added they made a mistake and made qui gons lightsaber blue and it’s supposed to be green
  • I, like the others in this thread, are very excited for the double drops, and the vet pack! I'll be buying it if I can finish my FOST for Bb8(hint hint* FOST pack?) Haha.. love the mythic idea too!
  • Am I the only one that doesn’t have the NS faction pack in store?

• You probably are. But I know we just had an R2 event at the end of Nov and I got him the event before that which was in October so they probably go for 3 months in a row. Which doesn’t seem very legendary to me.

They last R2 event they had was the october one that ended november 1st. I think youre confusing R2 with Thrawn who did have an event in november and October.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    bCbAhhC.gif
  • Vala411
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    *Claps* I have to give the Devs props for this. Really excited to be able to replay the legendary events and get me some great mods.
  • Not seeing the NS packs in my store
  • It says local time, CG is on west coast time, im on west coast time, does that mean when the reset happens at 11pm (because DST) i will still have an hour for refreshes?
  • Awesome update. Good communication. Keep it up.
    Can’t always be bashing and not giving props. +1 for an awesome update.

• You probably are. But I know we just had an R2 event at the end of Nov and I got him the event before that which was in October so they probably go for 3 months in a row. Which doesn’t seem very legendary to me.

They last R2 event they had was the october one that ended november 1st. I think youre confusing R2 with Thrawn who did have an event in november and October.

I think I just got confused cause it was on the calendar for both months lol. Since it started in one and ended in the other. Well I stand corrected and hopefully you’ll get your R2 this time around. Then they can bring back CLS and I won’t have to worry about it anymore haha! I only want him for raids and TB/TW anyway.
  • There's reason to buy into hero's journey. There's reason to remain f2p at all costs (pun intended). There's good reason for it. The fact of the matter is, these are the first Hero's Journey events. They contain the best characters in the game, hands down. Here's the thing: there is too much we don't know about hero's journey events. While I do hate waiting, it's better than spending $200 for one character in the game (even if that character is meta-breaking). But we also don't know if hero's journey stuff comes back. It's nearing 5 months since CLS and as far as I know, we haven't heard word of his return. If they don't come back, yes, I would buy into it if I was close enough. Any sort of confirmation would be nice. Even if they are once a year; that's better than never again. Is the power gain worth the money? Is remaining f2p worth the power loss? I've been farming for Rey since September (when the rumors started), and I'm going to get snagged by the Veterans, no question about it. Any form of confirmation that these events eventually come back will let us sleep easy tonight.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I like it. Thank you devs!
  • There's reason to buy into hero's journey. There's reason to remain f2p at all costs (pun intended). There's good reason for it. The fact of the matter is, these are the first Hero's Journey events. They contain the best characters in the game, hands down. Here's the thing: there is too much we don't know about hero's journey events. While I do hate waiting, it's better than spending $200 for one character in the game (even if that character is meta-breaking). But we also don't know if hero's journey stuff comes back. It's nearing 5 months since CLS and as far as I know, we haven't heard word of his return. If they don't come back, yes, I would buy into it if I was close enough. Any sort of confirmation would be nice. Even if they are once a year; that's better than never again. Is the power gain worth the money? Is remaining f2p worth the power loss? I've been farming for Rey since September (when the rumors started), and I'm going to get snagged by the Veterans, no question about it. Any form of confirmation that these events eventually come back will let us sleep easy tonight.

It's actually just coming up on 4 months and CLS was already confirmed to be returning