Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

  • Jamesm wrote: »
    There's reason to buy into hero's journey. There's reason to remain f2p at all costs (pun intended). There's good reason for it. The fact of the matter is, these are the first Hero's Journey events. They contain the best characters in the game, hands down. Here's the thing: there is too much we don't know about hero's journey events. While I do hate waiting, it's better than spending $200 for one character in the game (even if that character is meta-breaking). But we also don't know if hero's journey stuff comes back. It's nearing 5 months since CLS and as far as I know, we haven't heard word of his return. If they don't come back, yes, I would buy into it if I was close enough. Any sort of confirmation would be nice. Even if they are once a year; that's better than never again. Is the power gain worth the money? Is remaining f2p worth the power loss? I've been farming for Rey since September (when the rumors started), and I'm going to get snagged by the Veterans, no question about it. Any form of confirmation that these events eventually come back will let us sleep easy tonight.

    It's actually just coming up on 4 months and CLS was already confirmed to be returning

    I mean 5 in January. I hadn't heard about his return being confirmed. Where was this confirmed? Thanks!
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    There's reason to buy into hero's journey. There's reason to remain f2p at all costs (pun intended). There's good reason for it. The fact of the matter is, these are the first Hero's Journey events. They contain the best characters in the game, hands down. Here's the thing: there is too much we don't know about hero's journey events. While I do hate waiting, it's better than spending $200 for one character in the game (even if that character is meta-breaking). But we also don't know if hero's journey stuff comes back. It's nearing 5 months since CLS and as far as I know, we haven't heard word of his return. If they don't come back, yes, I would buy into it if I was close enough. Any sort of confirmation would be nice. Even if they are once a year; that's better than never again. Is the power gain worth the money? Is remaining f2p worth the power loss? I've been farming for Rey since September (when the rumors started), and I'm going to get snagged by the Veterans, no question about it. Any form of confirmation that these events eventually come back will let us sleep easy tonight.

    It's actually just coming up on 4 months and CLS was already confirmed to be returning

    I mean 5 in January. I hadn't heard about his return being confirmed. Where was this confirmed? Thanks!

    Kozi said it somewhere, not going to dig it up but id guess January.
  • Am I reading this right.. Will Rey not unlock at 5* - 6* - 7* like the previous events? You HAVE to have all 7* to begin with to unlock her?
  • Am I reading this right.. Will Rey not unlock at 5* - 6* - 7* like the previous events? You HAVE to have all 7* to begin with to unlock her?

    Its a heroes journey not a legendary event. CLS also unlocked at 7*
  • B0untryHR7
    663 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't hear anyone talk about how we are supposed to farm mods now...

    Sadly for the next 4 months minimum we are gonna be occupied farming the vets for Rey. What happens to mods?

    The veterans won't be a quick farm even if Rey came back in 4 months that might still not be enough for f2p meaning any diversion in energy is potentially risky.

    As a result we can't farm mods and with TW around we need more teams and thus more mods.

    What is going to happen? This has me so worried, we need an alternative way to farm mods!
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I agree. We need mod energy or something. Cantina battles are the source of most farms. Or just remove the need for energy on the challenges and give them a limit like with normal challenges and fleet challenges.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Kyno
    28671 posts Moderator
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.
  • Priorities.
  • Set goals and priorities
  • Priorities.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Set goals and priorities

    You two understand what you are saying is ridiculous right? How is mods and legendaries on the same priority list?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    The 999 crystal mod packs is a permanent fixture in the store if you get desperate, and I'm pretty sure they want you to get desperate...
  • I farmed mods during double drops. In 3 days got someting like 200 mods. All were not good, only 3 with speed secondary more than 10.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.

    How often do these happen and who can guarantee good quality mods of your choosing?
  • Priorities
  • Kyno
    28671 posts Moderator
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Priorities.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Set goals and priorities

    You two understand what you are saying is ridiculous right? How is mods and legendaries on the same priority list?

    due to location, they are.

    and it sounds like you are saying Hero's events are way more important....which means why worry about mods right now. There will be a long time between events of this caliber, as seen from CLS. it sounds like you have your priorities, just need to set some goals.
  • Priorities

    No trolls accepted, you can go troll elsewhere
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.

    How often do these happen and who can guarantee good quality mods of your choosing?

    They happen with every legendary event and they guarantee 5 dot, purple or gold. It's a pretty good deal, especially considering that we have a legendary event at least once a month anymore. As far as the of your choosing, it's up to RNG. If you really need mods, maybe set aside days to farm mods instead of characters. Some people farm characters on weekdays and mods on weekends. Not a bad idea until you get what you need.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.

    How often do these happen and who can guarantee good quality mods of your choosing?

    They happen with every legendary event and they guarantee 5 dot, purple or gold. It's a pretty good deal, especially considering that we have a legendary event at least once a month anymore. As far as the of your choosing, it's up to RNG. If you really need mods, maybe set aside days to farm mods instead of characters. Some people farm characters on weekdays and mods on weekends. Not a bad idea until you get what you need.

    Do you have a clue of how long these two will take to farm?
  • Sometimes i wonder whose side you guys are on
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Millennials worry me...
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.

    How often do these happen and who can guarantee good quality mods of your choosing?

    They happen with every legendary event and they guarantee 5 dot, purple or gold. It's a pretty good deal, especially considering that we have a legendary event at least once a month anymore. As far as the of your choosing, it's up to RNG. If you really need mods, maybe set aside days to farm mods instead of characters. Some people farm characters on weekdays and mods on weekends. Not a bad idea until you get what you need.

    Sounds often.... uhh not really
  • Kyno wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Priorities.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Set goals and priorities

    You two understand what you are saying is ridiculous right? How is mods and legendaries on the same priority list?

    due to location, they are.

    and it sounds like you are saying Hero's events are way more important....which means why worry about mods right now. There will be a long time between events of this caliber, as seen from CLS. it sounds like you have your priorities, just need to set some goals.

    If i don't worry about mods how am I gonna compete agaisnt those who already have Rey until i can have her too?
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder whose side you guys are on

    Well...we are giving you all sorts of advice and you've thrown it all out the window. I guess if you want to sit here and wallow in your self-pity then go right ahead, but there are alternatives to complaining. Go right ahead. Mock all our comments. But it's not our fault your drop rate is kitten and you want mods and VSs and refuse to take a break from either. The fact of the matter is, you have to prioritize. You can mock everyone that says that as much as you like but you can prioritize getting the character and then getting the mods, or you can get the mods so you have them ready when you get the character. The choice is yours.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Priorities

    No trolls accepted, you can go troll elsewhere

    That’s not trolling. That is telling you how it is. Set a priority, set a goal. Otherwise you are going to spend tons of money on something and then be angry telling forums “where is my CLS/Rey legendary because it’s CGs fault I missed out not having my priorities straight.”

    This is a strategy game not a cater to your ineptitude. If not throw money at it and be a White Whale.
  • Rojas wrote: »
    Millennials worry me...

    Which part if my post doesn't make sense exactly?
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Priorities

    No trolls accepted, you can go troll elsewhere

    That’s not trolling. That is telling you how it is. Set a priority, set a goal. Otherwise you are going to spend tons of money on something and then be angry telling forums “where is my CLS/Rey legendary because it’s CGs fault I missed out not having my priorities straight.”

    This is a strategy game not a cater to your ineptitude. If not throw money at it and be a White Whale.
    +1
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder whose side you guys are on

    Well...we are giving you all sorts of advice and you've thrown it all out the window. I guess if you want to sit here and wallow in your self-pity then go right ahead, but there are alternatives to complaining. Go right ahead. Mock all our comments. But it's not our fault your drop rate is **** and you want mods and VSs and refuse to take a break from either.

    You didnt give any advice my friend, how am i supposed to farm the vets in 4 months and farm mods at the same time? I'm f2p in case you forget.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Priorities

    No trolls accepted, you can go troll elsewhere

    That’s not trolling. That is telling you how it is. Set a priority, set a goal. Otherwise you are going to spend tons of money on something and then be angry telling forums “where is my CLS/Rey legendary because it’s CGs fault I missed out not having my priorities straight.”

    This is a strategy game not a cater to your ineptitude. If not throw money at it and be a White Whale.

    +1M I almost wish we just ended this thread...he doesn't want to listen to any advice, just wants to complain until CG gets here and tells him they'll get around to it eventually.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.

    You overlooked a key point though, you have to beat the legendary events to even get them and most of them are incredibly hard and require... wait for it... GOOD FREAKING MODS! We need a better source of mods. I'd rather have five or six chances at higher quality mods every day than have 30 chances at mods that are complete and utter garbage.
  • If you play for free you must pick a path and stick with it. You will miss events the first time though but then will be able to play them the second time with good planning. People who pay will be able to get more it is just the way life is.
Sign In or Register to comment.