Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

  • Monel
    2383 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder whose side you guys are on

    Well...we are giving you all sorts of advice and you've thrown it all out the window. I guess if you want to sit here and wallow in your self-pity then go right ahead, but there are alternatives to complaining. Go right ahead. Mock all our comments. But it's not our fault your drop rate is **** and you want mods and VSs and refuse to take a break from either.

    You didnt give any advice my friend, how am i supposed to farm the vets in 4 months and farm mods at the same time? I'm f2p in case you forget.

    You can't do everything at 1 time. Make a choice, you control that. We all do. Be a grown up an d own it.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder whose side you guys are on

    Well...we are giving you all sorts of advice and you've thrown it all out the window. I guess if you want to sit here and wallow in your self-pity then go right ahead, but there are alternatives to complaining. Go right ahead. Mock all our comments. But it's not our fault your drop rate is **** and you want mods and VSs and refuse to take a break from either.

    You didnt give any advice my friend, how am i supposed to farm the vets in 4 months and farm mods at the same time? I'm f2p in case you forget.

    Actually, several of us have. Here. Let me spell it out for you. P-r-i-o-r-i-t-i-z-e. Being F2P doesn't change anything. Even the biggest whales in the game have to decide what they want to spend their money on first. Farm the Vets or mods. Or spend the energy on mods one day and vets the next. Regardless it's going to take the same amount of time no matter when you do it. There isn't going to be a fix for this in the time it takes you to get both farms done.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Rojas wrote: »
    Millennials worry me...

    millennial-falcon.jpg
  • Guess they can just give all characters to everyone fully leveled geared and modded. Sounds like a great game.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    I farmed mods during double drops. In 3 days got someting like 200 mods. All were not good, only 3 with speed secondary more than 10.
    About the same happened for me too
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.

    You overlooked a key point though, you have to beat the legendary events to even get them and most of them are incredibly hard and require... wait for it... GOOD FREAKING MODS! We need a better source of mods. I'd rather have five or six chances at higher quality mods every day than have 30 chances at mods that are complete and utter garbage.

    Or you could just farm them after your character...then get more good ones...then sell the ones you don't want...its a gift. You can do with the mods as you please. Yes, you do need good mods for legendary events, but you can get more good ones after the fact. If you don't want them, sell them and use it as a source of credits.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mythic Events?

    Dont worry, be happy.

    You overlooked a key point though, you have to beat the legendary events to even get them and most of them are incredibly hard and require... wait for it... GOOD FREAKING MODS! We need a better source of mods. I'd rather have five or six chances at higher quality mods every day than have 30 chances at mods that are complete and utter garbage.

    No not really, you can beat most if not all legendary events with G9 characters and decent mods
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • mod shop maybe??
    but from my experience , chances of getting a good mod in the shop are verrrrrrrrrrrry low (bought everything in store in the beta with infinite resources)
    so never spend crystal for mod shop purchase, use only credits
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder whose side you guys are on

    Well...we are giving you all sorts of advice and you've thrown it all out the window. I guess if you want to sit here and wallow in your self-pity then go right ahead, but there are alternatives to complaining. Go right ahead. Mock all our comments. But it's not our fault your drop rate is **** and you want mods and VSs and refuse to take a break from either.

    You didnt give any advice my friend, how am i supposed to farm the vets in 4 months and farm mods at the same time? I'm f2p in case you forget.

    U can always buy something cause u do realize it takes money to operate this game right? Or u can wait and farm however u want because u are ftp which is a choice u made and can change anytime. I'm ftp and in four months it should not be a problem getting them to 7stars .
  • So I'm level 85 played everyday for a year and a half, have been farming every possible character for this for months yet i have no chance of getting rey... without dropping a bunch of money to get vet Han and chewy. This is a shameless ploy to steal peoples money, you all should be ashamed and embarrassed for putting this crap out.
  • 48 hours of double drops is not much of anything. No one I know is getting good drop rates for VSH/VSC shards. Ive had several days where my 144 plus 3 refreshes yield less than 3 shards. The last double drops we had I did 5 refreshes plus my free daily and came away with 5 shards for VSH and 4 for VSC. That is demoralizing... meta Rey or not.

    Those who have the crystals to farm cantina to the fullest each day and who will have 7* VSH/VSCmore power to you. But I think the pack being offered is insufficient and the obviously artifically stingy drop rate is insulting and maddening.
  • I totally agree with the OP . Mod farming is for the paying only . The vets are not the only ones released through cantina nodes that are must haves now or in the future. Priorizing has nothing to do with it. There is simply no room for that. And all who are saying that money keeps the game running, fine I'd gladly pay 60 bucks for the game like for diablo3 or something similar and be done with it. This game though is more expensive than an mmo.
  • Laserbrain wrote: »
    I totally agree with the OP . Mod farming is for the paying only . The vets are not the only ones released through cantina nodes that are must haves now or in the future. Priorizing has nothing to do with it. There is simply no room for that. And all who are saying that money keeps the game running, fine I'd gladly pay 60 bucks for the game like for diablo3 or something similar and be done with it. This game though is more expensive than an mmo.

    Unfortunately everyone has different capabilities, some people drive a 5000 dollar, 15 year old car and some can drive a half a million dollar Lamborghini. I am assuming some people don't have a problem spending 300 dollars on a new character... No-one is saying that those who pay lots of money for stuff they shouldn't be rewarded, but we can't forget those who can't pay as if they are doing us a favour every time we get a free character or by making it reasonable to farm.

    I'm sure far fewer complaints would take place if we could unlock rey at 5 stars for example, this way we have something to work with in arena as opposed to being stomped. Those who pay still get to use her in raids.

    I think people are absurd, the fact that we have to choose between getting Rey, not the first time but the SECOND, and being locked out of mod farming for another 4 months minimum, tells me that they really are unreasonable
  • electricnick260
    193 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This forum is a community of THOUSANDS of players, we all come here for one reason or another, some for advice, some to give devs feedback, some to recruit for guilds, etc. Why can't we all be nice to each other. Quite a few users I've seen on here are unnecessarily mean to others. Over opinions. Freaking opinions guys. Stop it. Please. There's enough trolls on the internet, Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is a game about teamwork, social connections. We come to this forum for communication, feedback, help, not for people to be jerks. So stop it. Cut it out. I'm not sure how many people will actually see this, but I hope you take what I've said to heart. We've got enough stuff going on in the real world that should be upsetting us, we don't need people to go and be trolls on the internet to add on to it. So cut it out guys, be mature adults and teenagers like most of you actually are, or at least should be. Just be decent human beings
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Another day another soap box.
  • This game can be frustrating. Forums often are a place for some steam blowing. Just kinda the way it is.
  • electricnick260
    193 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    icanectc wrote: »
    Forums have constantly suffered from the same problem since there inception. People post the same kitten stuff when they see a hundred other posts asking the same question. I mean just look at Luke’s sub forums before devs cleaned it up there were new posts asking the same question. It’s lazy of people to not search there issue before posting. Hence people get tired of the people not doing any due diligence. So rather than asking people to be more friendly to each other. I’d ask people to think before posting. But that’s like asking for world peace ain’t never gonna happen

    What's wrong with people asking the same question over and over? Direct them to someone else who asked and that person can answer them. There's no need to be rude
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • LighTofHeaven
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    You didnt give any advice my friend, how am i supposed to farm the vets in 4 months and farm mods at the same time? I'm f2p in case you forget.

    Being F2P u have to understand u wont be getting everything. anything in top200 is good for f2p and u dnt need cls and rey and godly mods to get there
    my friend is f2p and he missed thrawn on all 3 occasions cauz of his indecision and jumping on meta trains left and right! if he focused properly on phnx hed have gotten him.

    as people told u, set REASONABLE goals and priorities
    wanting rey to compete, and farm mods, and farm everything else required for rey is unreasonable for a f2p!
    actually wanting rey alone is unreasonable for a f2p.
    plus even if u got rey, itll take a month to gear and mod her etc, by that time a "newer" meta will be brewing!

    i have 2 accounts in this game, one COMPLETELY F2P and one where i pay where i see fit.
    i chose to miss out on rey cauz kitten it! and if u think u need rey to compete then thats the biggest pile of kitten ive heard in a while. i have people in my arena that compete at top50 level while being completely f2p, no cls, no thrawn!(in my pay account arena) Rex, ob1, nihilius 5*, r2d2, thrawn

    https://swgoh.gg/u/mokomoko/
    https://swgoh.gg/u/lightofheaven/

    as u can see i got r2d2, but kitten it cant gear him. im preparing THRAWN ONLY.
    i didnt even farm a single shard for vets cauz u cant get her without paying... there is no way... she is not meant with f2p. drill that into ur head and forget her, farm mods for ur current team and focus on that.
    oh and btw, on my paying account ill still farm mods even if i want rey, the 45 energy i get on midday reset are solely for 3x mod sims. thats 21 mods a week, whatever might help.

    as u can see i have focused ONLY on sith, put everything there, this is what u should do as a f2p, not wanting rey and wanting mods and whatever else u need! prioritize and set goals is the correct advice, u just seem to not want to accept it.
    i use sith and compete in a shard full of cls, rexL and chaze. i can get to top50 easily if i just focus more on the acc, but all i do is login, spend whatever energy, play some arena battles, participate in TB/TW if my help is needed and thats it

    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Not to mention the ones who don't even post the topic in the title and instead have some vague title to get people to click on it.

    Those ones deserve all the trolling they get.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Unfortunately everyone has different capabilities, some people drive a 5000 dollar, 15 year old car and some can drive a half a million dollar Lamborghini. I am assuming some people don't have a problem spending 300 dollars on a new character... No-one is saying that those who pay lots of money for stuff they shouldn't be rewarded, but we can't forget those who can't pay as if they are doing us a favour every time we get a free character or by making it reasonable to farm.

    I'm sure far fewer complaints would take place if we could unlock rey at 5 stars for example, this way we have something to work with in arena as opposed to being stomped. Those who pay still get to use her in raids.

    I think people are absurd, the fact that we have to choose between getting Rey, not the first time but the SECOND, and being locked out of mod farming for another 4 months minimum, tells me that they really are unreasonable

    u wont even be getting her the second time. YOU DONT NEED HER.
    if u want her cauz u like her then ok drop mods for rey. but overall shes a very difficult character.
    u need all FO and 2 very hard to farm cantina characters. if u think ur fellow f2p and those who rank same as u in arena will be getting her ur mistaken!
    if ur not in the top50 of ur arena, getting or not getting rey wont make a difference for you cauz EVERYONE around you wont be getting rey. itll be the same!
  • Some times people's ideas are so ridiculous that it makes others think that they are trolls when in fact they are being serious. When you think someone is trolling you then you get mad and you want payback. As a result you say something that they find offensive and the conversation snowballs into a mess. Of course this is a simple side effect of non interpersonal conversations where you can see the other person in the face and know if it's troll or not.

    I'll give you an example, when I argued today that the veterans are gonna force us to farm them for the next few months and thus we won't be able to spare energy for mods. Some folks wanted tp tell me how I should prioritize and how i should have to pick between super saiyan Rey and mods. Of course these people forget that they aren't comparing apples to apples, but rather comparing an apple to car. Since mods have nothing to do with farming characters.

    Anyways, I genuinely thought they were trolling so I got mad, but it seems that they genuinely believe that we should have to pick between Rey or mods, forgetting all the other components such are raids competitiveness, arena competitiveness and of course TB and TW. We neeeeeeeeeeed mods and lots of them and we also need Rey. I'm not even arguing that we should have her right away, but saying we can't even have her the second time unless we sacrifice mods just made my blood boil!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    If you know there's zero chance of getting Rey then do what I'm doing and treating it like a blessing.

    I finally have a month where events are irrelevant and I can farm the things I previously missed like Nightsisters and Ewoks, as well as getting ahead on things like Bounty Hunters and Genosians.
  • sorry didnt realize how long my 1st post was.
    and i dont mean to offend or attack you, but cmon, things like what ur asking wont happen.
    and the future events might be the same
    just enjoy the game as much as u can with what u have.

    PS: i probably wont even get rey on my paid acc, cauz it needs too much to get. and im not worried about getting top1 even without her
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Unfortunately everyone has different capabilities, some people drive a 5000 dollar, 15 year old car and some can drive a half a million dollar Lamborghini. I am assuming some people don't have a problem spending 300 dollars on a new character... No-one is saying that those who pay lots of money for stuff they shouldn't be rewarded, but we can't forget those who can't pay as if they are doing us a favour every time we get a free character or by making it reasonable to farm.

    I'm sure far fewer complaints would take place if we could unlock rey at 5 stars for example, this way we have something to work with in arena as opposed to being stomped. Those who pay still get to use her in raids.

    I think people are absurd, the fact that we have to choose between getting Rey, not the first time but the SECOND, and being locked out of mod farming for another 4 months minimum, tells me that they really are unreasonable

    u wont even be getting her the second time. YOU DONT NEED HER.
    if u want her cauz u like her then ok drop mods for rey. but overall shes a very difficult character.
    u need all FO and 2 very hard to farm cantina characters. if u think ur fellow f2p and those who rank same as u in arena will be getting her ur mistaken!
    if ur not in the top50 of ur arena, getting or not getting rey wont make a difference for you cauz EVERYONE around you wont be getting rey. itll be the same!

    I love how you judge that I don't need Rey lol. Sounds very selfish of you. Also every shard is different, YOU may not need Rey to compete but you can't say the same about all shards. In my shard I have CLS and R2 and Thrawn and raid Han and Kenobi and Nihilus and Rex and Sith with zeta on maul and I still barely hold on to top 50. If I let the game for a day I'll drop to 70s if i let it for a couple I may drop to the 100s.

    You assume so much...
  • sorry didnt realize how long my 1st post was.
    and i dont mean to offend or attack you, but cmon, things like what ur asking wont happen.
    and the future events might be the same
    just enjoy the game as much as u can with what u have.

    PS: i probably wont even get rey on my paid acc, cauz it needs too much to get. and im not worried about getting top1 even without her

    So it's unreasonable to want to have a legendary on the second time?
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    If you know there's zero chance of getting Rey then do what I'm doing and treating it like a blessing.

    I finally have a month where events are irrelevant and I can farm the things I previously missed like Nightsisters and Ewoks, as well as getting ahead on things like Bounty Hunters and Genosians.

    There is also TB. Ever heard of CHS? Ever heard of Deathtrooper? It's not just about the vets man
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    I love how you judge that I don't need Rey lol. Sounds very selfish of you. Also every shard is different, YOU may not need Rey to compete but you can't say the same about all shards. In my shard I have CLS and R2 and Thrawn and raid Han and Kenobi and Nihilus and Rex and Sith with zeta on maul and I still barely hold on to top 50. If I let the game for a day I'll drop to 70s if i let it for a couple I may drop to the 100s.

    You assume so much...

    well pick her or mods if u need her! u cant have all.
    paying players are not farming for her AND mods, and ur asking for both
    get back to earth and be realistic. its this or that, not both and will never be both!

    and no i dont assume too much, if u think my arena is "easy" ur mistaken. getting top50 for a f2p is like a godlike achievement. being there as a f2p means ur arena is easier than 90% of the arenas out there
    most f2p rank in the 200 to 80 range. most of them even less than that
Sign In or Register to comment.