Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    If you know there's zero chance of getting Rey then do what I'm doing and treating it like a blessing.

I finally have a month where events are irrelevant and I can farm the things I previously missed like Nightsisters and Ewoks, as well as getting ahead on things like Bounty Hunters and Genosians.

There is also TB. Ever heard of CHS? Ever heard of Deathtrooper? It's not just about the vets man

Nope never heard of any of them.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    I love how you judge that I don't need Rey lol. Sounds very selfish of you. Also every shard is different, YOU may not need Rey to compete but you can't say the same about all shards. In my shard I have CLS and R2 and Thrawn and raid Han and Kenobi and Nihilus and Rex and Sith with zeta on maul and I still barely hold on to top 50. If I let the game for a day I'll drop to 70s if i let it for a couple I may drop to the 100s.

You assume so much...

well pick her or mods if u need her! u cant have all.
    paying players are not farming for her AND mods, and ur asking for both
    get back to earth and be realistic. its this or that, not both and will never be both!

and no i dont assume too much, if u think my arena is "easy" ur mistaken. getting top50 for a f2p is like a godlike achievement. being there as a f2p means ur arena is easier than 90% of the arenas out there
    most f2p rank in the 200 to 80 range. most of them even less than that

Or they could take one of the vets out of cantina and into a shop. Han and chewie were awesome pilots, maybe fleet store? Maybe another store? And problem solved. It doesn't have to be the two most expensive nodes than can take 3 months for each character
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    If you know there's zero chance of getting Rey then do what I'm doing and treating it like a blessing.

I finally have a month where events are irrelevant and I can farm the things I previously missed like Nightsisters and Ewoks, as well as getting ahead on things like Bounty Hunters and Genosians.

There is also TB. Ever heard of CHS? Ever heard of Deathtrooper? It's not just about the vets man

Then you need to go back and get some more experience before you weigh in
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Nope, I think I'll weigh in now and do what I said I'm going to do. That's my choice just like you have to make yours.
    sorry didnt realize how long my 1st post was.
    and i dont mean to offend or attack you, but cmon, things like what ur asking wont happen.
    and the future events might be the same
    just enjoy the game as much as u can with what u have.

PS: i probably wont even get rey on my paid acc, cauz it needs too much to get. and im not worried about getting top1 even without her

So it's unreasonable to want to have a legendary on the second time?

this one, probably. it has the most absurd requirement of all other legendary toons.
    dnt think in absolute terms.
    whales are getting her 1st time. about 20k to 30k crystal worth of refreshes and shipment shards needed
    people who pay some money into the game will get her 2nd time around (if they want her)
    f2p will have to sacrifice mod farming to get her 2nd time around

oh and about the judging part of whether u need her or not.
    u cant "need" all the things in this game and be f2p. u gotta choose.
    if u cant do that then this game is not for u, especially seeing that the pace of the content release has been increasing lately, and will likely to keep increasing
    ull get frustrated and u wont be having fun. whats the point of all this if ur not enjoying playing the game?
  • JaggedJ wrote: »

Nope, I think I'll weigh in now and do what I said I'm going to do. That's my choice just like you have to make yours.

^^ this guys knows how to handle it as a f2p, u clearly dont
    marketing schemes dictates dev teams a lot of times. deal with it. money >>>> whatever else.
    people are paying, they will continue feeding em stuff to pay for. as a f2p, stay away from these cash grabs
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Also much easier would be just a answer said question and be done with it.
    But no, this guy always has the final word:
    Corporate_Commander.jpg
    and i dont mean to offend or attack you, but cmon, things like what ur asking wont happen.

PS: i probably wont even get rey on my paid acc, cauz it needs too much to get. and im not worried about getting top1 even without her

this one, probably. it has the most absurd requirement of all other legendary toons.
    whales are getting her 1st time. about 20k to 30k crystal worth of refreshes and shipment shards needed
    people who pay some money into the game will get her 2nd time around (if they want her)

if u cant do that then this game is not for u, especially seeing that the pace of the content release has been increasing lately, and will likely to keep increasing
    ull get frustrated and u wont be having fun. whats the point of all this if ur not enjoying playing the game?

Well then i guess this is where we disconnect, i personally think f2p should always have the opportunity to get anyone on the second time

Well then i guess this is where we disconnect, i personally think f2p should always have the opportunity to get anyone on the second time

guess what, u can get her on the 2nd time
    just dnt go about having to sacrifice mod farming for it
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

They do but ONLY by sacrificing elsewhere. That's the point.
  • Any idea about how long Rey Hero’s Journey will last? How long did CLS last?
  • Usually the week or so
  • Hi,

Now that it is confirmed that we will need BB8 to unlock new Rey and we all know that FOST is a really long farm, can we please get 3-4 day double drops for FOST now. This would really help people get atleast BB8 this time (if not new Rey)

Give us a gift this festive season, EA!
  • people should be prepared by now

veterans just added 2 weeks ago, so its ok to be saying they’re extremely hard to be prepared , but FO characters were there for a long time, and once tou see legendary event you’re not ready for - you should start preparing for the next one
  • I'm pulling 15 fost a day with like 300 crystals. But I do concur 30 a day sounds better
  • Zagrey - Most of us were busy preparing for Thrawn, R2 and CLS events. I am sure you understand that.
  • I'm pulling 15 fost a day with like 300 crystals. But I do concur 30 a day sounds better

Thats 50% droprate, you must be luckiest guy alive.
  • lets say for those who started playing before 1st arrival of Thrawn there was enough time to prepare for 2nd attempts of thrawn and r2 (august and october), most of toons easily farmed from the shops, only hera and sabine/chopper could take some extra time. CLS required toons from arena, guild shop, and only Ben was toon to farm. so no preparations for BB8

I started farming FO when the first event for BB8 launched. We got extra shards of Kylo, pilot was quite easy to farm due to fleet shop. The only pain was the trooper, but double drops last month were helpful

• BlackIrish wrote: »
    48 hours of double drops is not much of anything. No one I know is getting good drop rates for VSH/VSC shards. Ive had several days where my 144 plus 3 refreshes yield less than 3 shards. The last double drops we had I did 5 refreshes plus my free daily and came away with 5 shards for VSH and 4 for VSC. That is demoralizing... meta Rey or not.

Those who have the crystals to farm cantina to the fullest each day and who will have 7* VSH/VSCmore power to you. But I think the pack being offered is insufficient and the obviously artifically stingy drop rate is insulting and maddening.

seems tou’re doing something wrong.
    agree that the drop rates are not good, but its not that bad. started farming with double drop - currently my han 0/100 and chewy 0/85. doing 3x100 only (made 2x200 during double drops)
  • Does anyone know how long Reys event will run for?
  • probably 1 week.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    probably 5 minutes
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    probably 5 minutes

So true. Months of farming for that 5 minutes of glory
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Zagrey - Most of us were busy preparing for Thrawn, R2 and CLS events. I am sure you understand that.

FOST appears on multiple hard nodes. Farming them doesn't interfere with preparing for the other events. If you had farmed FOST since BB8 was introduced, I guess you would have reached your goal by now. If you didn't farm him consistently since then, then it's your choice.

If you have ally points on stock, spend them all and hope for RNG to be in your favor.
  • It will last 2 hours and 32 minutes, just long enough for you to see she is actually a villain and Rose is the true heroine on the new Saga.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    I'm pulling 15 fost a day with like 300 crystals. But I do concur 30 a day sounds better

Thats 50% droprate, you must be luckiest guy alive.

15/45 is 33% , the known supposed drop rate. I assure you I am not lucky haha
  • TheLightandDark1
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Using ally points to get FOST shards, now that's desperation haha
  • The update presented by EA was more then expected, I still believe it.
    But I saw in some other media like Line and Discord that because of what happen in the last days more people just give up. They started to talk about SWGOH alternatives.
    Does not matter if the update is good or not, because is NOT ENOUGH! There was a massive wave of negative feelings and angry that still spreading.
    Thank God does not happen with my guild and alliance, yet ..
    I plea EA to come with something to stop people give up.
  • anonidude
    702 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Not as long as the hobbit + lotr special edition deluxe director cut

Maybe

These events have run 7 days in the past if that's an indication
    | ANZGC | Exile |
    I don't hear anyone talk about how we are supposed to farm mods now...

Sadly for the next 4 months minimum we are gonna be occupied farming the vets for Rey. What happens to mods?

The veterans won't be a quick farm even if Rey came back in 4 months that might still not be enough for f2p meaning any diversion in energy is potentially risky.

As a result we can't farm mods and with TW around we need more teams and thus more mods.

What is going to happen? This has me so worried, we need an alternative way to farm mods!

This is another wasted forum post. This is a game of resources. You also share your normal energy to farm sharda and gear. Want to complain about that too? Set some PRIORITIES. Make a LIST of things you want to do first. Do you want mods to better your current characters or do you want to farm Vets for when Rey returns. Everyone os dealing with the same thing quit whining and learn how to play the game.