Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• LordDirt wrote: »
    Cry me a river

This + infinity. In fact, it will probably be more like "Cry me an ocean" considering that more than 90% of the community won't get JT Rey.
  • RussianSKS wrote: »
    I didn't have all the toons leveled for CLS, getting him the second time around. I didn't have the toons leveled for BB, getting him the second time around. Same for Thrawn & Talzin, will be the same for Rey ... I'll just get her the second time around.

Lucky, I probably will not get Rey till the. 3rd time around because I have none of the resistance characters.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    As soon as vets hit the store they should have been farmed. Then as soon as they hit cantina they should have been farmed. Now we have a pack to buy. Yes they might take a little money but the developers need some $ sometime or this game doesnt exist. There is always next time too.

Do you realize how much $ this game costs to upkeep/develop. Not near enough to justify the price they are asking for things. And there’s also the balance of quantity vs price. You sell 100 packs at $50 for $5k. Or you sell 1000 packs at $5 for $5k. And the second option caters to a larger audience and is more likely to receive a wider array of customer satisfaction.
  • BTBAMthony wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    As soon as vets hit the store they should have been farmed. Then as soon as they hit cantina they should have been farmed. Now we have a pack to buy. Yes they might take a little money but the developers need some $ sometime or this game doesnt exist. There is always next time too.

Do you realize how much $ this game costs to upkeep/develop. Not near enough to justify the price they are asking for things. And there’s also the balance of quantity vs price. You sell 100 packs at $50 for $5k. Or you sell 1000 packs at $5 for $5k. And the second option caters to a larger audience and is more likely to receive a wider array of customer satisfaction.
    I just cannot understand why this is not their business model. Happy players, happy company.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

There has to be a reason they keep selling the packs at this price range: People are actually BUYING it. The forum represents like what, 5-10% of the playerbase? Alot of people who don't even visit the forums may be hidden krakens and whales who don't mind dropping some money on these packs. As long as they are buying, no chance of EA changing. Afterall, why would I consider a change in tactics when the money just keep rollin in lol?
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    7* Vets....

rgNs0Zz.gif

Oh, can someone kindly explain to me the 'kittens' reference? I don't get it.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I actually hope nobody spends a cent on this.

7* veterans, get kittened.

They are going to make bank on this. I love it and will absolutely buy it. $30 for Rey is absolutely fair to me.
  • Kittens is a placeholder for naughty words
  • Plan on seven days.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Kyno wrote: »

Yeay...? Better than naught I guess. But bah I am not too upset over it. People who pay or have prefarmed them from shipments deserve to get them first. Afterall it's a business and paying is a sort of appreciation for the work by the devs.

• 16 days.
  • Risz wrote: »
    I would advise to not run after them, everyone should boycott these two toons so CG would maybe understand that they are doing something wrong here.

By basically charging $30 to get a character in a F2P game? Sorry, I don’t see what’s wrong here. I plead with them to do more of these instead of Marquee releases that cost $300 dollars.
  • I've been using every last drop of my arena winnings and other free crystals on them since they hit shipments, and once they became farmable I split the crystals between cantina and shipments. So I've bought no gear or hard node refs in quite a while, but hey, I can get new Super Rey instead. It was a gamble that paid off well
  • I do not understand anyones complaint about the farming. I agree it was short notice and that it was tough to get but everyone seems to think this event is P2P. Me and many guildmates will be able to unlock Rey with no paying. If you think things out and make sacrifices such as not buying as many refreshes to save crystals in anticipation for 2x drops etc it isnt that difficult. Yes it is still close but I am happy with it. I like legendary charactera being a sign of accomplishment(or pay lol). I wouldnt enjoy Legendary characters nearly as much if thry showed up every other month and everyone and their brother had one. It is unique to have a character that instead of just farming a node and you are done, you have to invest and plan for them. Making it that much more special and rare. I agree thr vets should have dropped maybe like 1/2weeks earlier and I do feel like this is the almost the max they can go w/o making a legendary event P2P. I feel like CG did a pretty good job on balance and when I get my Rey I will be that much more rewarded for my sacrifices an planning.
  • 100 shards only worth $30 at most, I will not pay $47
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    There's a pack again 50 shard each for a good value

Lol

I was wondering if anyone else caught that joke
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Risz wrote: »
    I would advise to not run after them, everyone should boycott these two toons so CG would maybe understand that they are doing something wrong here.

I'm going bb8 balls out for the last 100 shards on each of the vets. I'm not bitter.
  • I was fine with missing CLS because I didn't even try to farm for him. They started hinting in september. I farmed all resistance, all First order, and I've farmed VSs as much as possible since they hit shipments and cantina battles. Can you guess what it is that's going to cause me to miss HJ Rey? keep in mind, I've been farming since September. Still won't get her.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I was fine with missing CLS because I didn't even try to farm for him. They started hinting in september. I farmed all resistance, all First order, and I've farmed VSs as much as possible since they hit shipments and cantina battles. Can you guess what it is that's going to cause me to miss HJ Rey? keep in mind, I've been farming since September. Still won't get her.

Arthritis in your fingers?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    On the bright side all of the cantina 8 nodes now have characters assigned to them!
  • Risz wrote: »
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    I didn't have all the toons leveled for CLS, getting him the second time around. I didn't have the toons leveled for BB, getting him the second time around. Same for Thrawn & Talzin, will be the same for Rey ... I'll just get her the second time around.

The second time around, just after a new Legendary brokenass toon will be released that you will also get the second time around, it's just never ending

Word, never ending pain with gear and omega walls all over. Trump style.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

The second time around, just after a new Legendary brokenass toon will be released that you will also get the second time around, it's just never ending

Uh I highly doubt new Rey is going to push CLS out of the meta
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • If the game designers were working for Trump administration, the wall would have already been build and in operation
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Uh I highly doubt new Rey is going to push CLS out of the meta

We'll have to get a look at her kit so we can see. Hopefully, we get that by the end of the week but I suspect we're going to have to wait until the event is released to see her kit.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Monel wrote: »
    On the bright side all of the cantina 8 nodes now have characters assigned to them!

Can't wait for cantina 9!!! https://media.giphy.com/media/k61nOBRRBMxva/giphy.gif
  • I'm farming Hoth Han, Leia and Hermit Yoda for ROTJ Luke... Any idea who else will be required for that? I don't want to be in this position again

Well if the model continues, someone needs to die - maskless Vader (new) who will need to be unlocked by needing 7* old Vader, Emp Palpy, and others. Wampa may need to die.

Story maybe told from reverse prospective

You'll need CLS and some other toon that won't be announced until the day before.
  • CG.... next joke ? Christmas is knocking on the door and you´ve no present for us ?
    7* rey and 7* Finn an bb-8 are enough for these event.

Give us the veteran for free to play. Only for the event!
  • I, very gladly, don't care about Rey.

I have no chance of completing that challenge because I am not prepared to spend money on the game. It's as simple as that. Maybe in the future I'll be able to do it a unlock her...but not now...and that's fine.

It is what it is- just a game- no biggie.
  • Will010688
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Anyone that says a F2P player will get her is talking out of there rear end. I saved 4k worth of crystals and only got han into 6* and chewy into 5* so yeah sticking a toon behind a paywall is all this event is. I came close with CLS but just missed out on 20-40 shards. But i didnt mind as all the toons for thag apart from R2 had been out a long time. But with this one sticking toons into the farmable nodes and giving less than a month to farm then is pure ****