Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• costahd
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It has been almost a year that now this game became a pay-to-win like all other mobile games. You just have to accept it.That's the business model now.
    F2P (like me) players won't be able to get Rey and will fall down even more in every aspects of the game (Arena, Raids, TB, GvG). If you want to be able to be really competitive you will have to pay period.
    If you F2P stop the game or be patient and accept your fate. You will always stand behind. Once you accept it you just have to find a nice guild that will help you and make the game fun again (but in another way)

If too many will just give up then there will be just a few guilds, a community of few hundreds..you will face bots in Arena and you will wait few hours for someone from your guild to say hello back when you write..not too funny, no ?!
    There must be a ballance, between pay and free, between high price vs low price, offers and so on..
    There is not just paid vs free..there is so much more :)
  • I have all the needed Chars on 7* and Gear 12, I hope that's enough
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This release made it possible to get Rey the first time for some f2p players. If they're established well in the meta already. Otherwise you'll have to pay or wait.

But if you've been playing the game a while then you already know that's how this game works. That's how it has worked as long as I've played it. If anything it's gotten quicker from p2p toons to become f2p.

Was anyone really expecting anything different?
  • There is no chance for me to get the veterans without spending some money. The Drop Rate is horrible. :(
  • costahd wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It has been almost a year that now this game became a pay-to-win like all other mobile games. You just have to accept it.That's the business model now.
    F2P (like me) players won't be able to get Rey and will fall down even more in every aspects of the game (Arena, Raids, TB, GvG). If you want to be able to be really competitive you will have to pay period.
    If you F2P stop the game or be patient and accept your fate. You will always stand behind. Once you accept it you just have to find a nice guild that will help you and make the game fun again (but in another way)

If too many will just give up then there will be just a few guilds, a community of few hundreds..you will face bots in Arena and you will wait few hours for someone from your guild to say hello back when you write..not too funny, no ?!
    There must be a ballance, between pay and free, between high price vs low price, offers and so on..
    There is not just paid vs free..there is so much more :)

I am totally agree with you. But it is not the road ahead. You will have more and more differences between buyers and F2P. That is a huge mistake (for me) that will kill the game in the future. It seems that at each releases they go deeper into the P2W. I am really afraid that mass people will leave :/
  • Risz wrote: »
    I would advise to not run after them, everyone should boycott these two toons so CG would maybe understand that they are doing something wrong here.

Absolutely ridiculous like all games they tailor more to P2P Players there were theorys on who you would need too farm and tbh it was quite obvious who you would need no one is going to boycott CG they have done an amazing job with the game so far yeah I have a few complaints but still you can't have everything.

It is possible too farm them from their F2P release too now at 7* it just takes refreshes we get plenty of crystals per week now especially with TB arena and ship arena.

Wish people would stop moaning, you should appreciate what CG have done so far
  • Risz wrote: »
    I would advise to not run after them, everyone should boycott these two toons so CG would maybe understand that they are doing something wrong here.
    But they are not doing anything wrong
  • Zagrey wrote: »
    the only unexpected thing with vets - why dont they put 2 packs 20€ each containing 80shards as it was for luke...

I think they'd actually make more on this pack. People doing 3x cantina refreshes/day since release would finish vets with an 80 shard pack but I don't think will with the 50 shard pack.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Risz wrote: »

Absolutely ridiculous like all games they tailor more to P2P Players there were theorys on who you would need too farm and tbh it was quite obvious who you would need no one is going to boycott CG they have done an amazing job with the game so far yeah I have a few complaints but still you can't have everything.

It is possible too farm them from their F2P release too now at 7* it just takes refreshes we get plenty of crystals per week now especially with TB arena and ship arena.

While I get enough crystals in the arenas to do this, those of us who do are in the minority. Just saying..... It really is out of reach (this first time) for the majority players not willing to spend a lot. While I agree that it is entitlement to think one should be able to get premiere characters the first time around as a f2p player, to insinuate that your average f2p players ought to be able to do this is adding insult to injury.
  • mjaycocks
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The two Journey events do not compare. R2 required empire which are not too difficult to farm BB-8 requires FO which take considerably longer than empire to farm. CLS requires Leia, Old Ben, Luke (Farmboy), again possible to farm in a couple of months. Rey requires Rey (Scavenger) which isn't too bad to farm, Finn a bit more difficult, BB-8 about 4-6 months for FO, and the VETS, on nodes that are only unlocked if you have played for a long long time or perhaps spent 1000s. I have been playing only for ~10 months and only spent <100 so have not yet managed to unlock those nodes.

So maybe in another year or so I can try for Rey's journey. Though CLS has not returned yet, will he ever?
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    Risz wrote: »

While I get enough crystals in the arenas to do this, first of us who do are in the minority. Just saying..... It really is our of trash for the majority of first-time players not willing to spend a lot. While I agree it's entitlement to think one should be able to get premiere characters the first time around as a f2p player, to insinuate that f2p players ought to be able to do that is asking insult to injury.

Agreed I didn't get CLS and still don't plan on getting him I'm top 50 arena without him I still use a Rex lead with a 5* GK and still doesn't bother me that I won't get rey
  • CLS has been confirmed to be returning very soon.
  • I don't think it's valid to bring up the bb-8 FO farm, as all of those characters have been around for a couple of years now. I know it takes 4-6 months to get them on the cheap (or the free, like I did) but it's doabale AND known that they are required for BB8. We only received confirmation on the Rey requirements yesterday - but everyone knew BB8 and Finn were going to be on the list.
    The Vets are a different story. You do need to be in "end game" to have those nodes unlocked. And you would need to have saved crystals or ponied up to get them in time. If you have been following the game then you weren't caught off guard. I am going to get Rey, f2p, but my GP has taken a hit for the last few months due to crystal hoarding. That was an exchange I was willing to make.
  • Of course they were going to make Rey essentially pay-only. Of course.

And they've left the CLS event hanging out there for months to let us know how long it's going to be before you get a second chance at Rey if you don't open your wallet.

• The egos that have resurged about "payers get rewards not f2p", "just save enough crystals F2P and you can get them (12k+ needed btw)", and "it's not pay to win" is almost farcical. These are addicted gamblers.
  • I would be surprised if many would get Rey second time round. Though CLS second time round is achievable. Unless they make the VETs easier to get.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    I don't think it's valid to bring up the bb-8 FO farm, as all of those characters have been around for a couple of years now. I know it takes 4-6 months to get them on the cheap (or the free, like I did) but it's doabale AND known that they are required for BB8. We only received confirmation on the Rey requirements yesterday - but everyone knew BB8 and Finn were going to be on the list.
    The Vets are a different story. You do need to be in "end game" to have those nodes unlocked. And you would need to have saved crystals or ponied up to get them in time. If you have been following the game then you weren't caught off guard. I am going to get Rey, f2p, but my GP has taken a hit for the last few months due to crystal hoarding. That was an exchange I was willing to make.

It is also possible for those who do well in both arenas.
  • waah, WAAH, WAAAHH! Cry babies. EA IS MAKING MONEY! IT'S NOT FAIR FOR A COMPANY TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF US! IT'S NOT FAIR WE CANNOT GET THE NEW SHINY TOY! WAAHH! Um, you don't have to buy anything. Just be patient and she will be available to you one day. Free to play? Free to not play! If you want the new stuff, buy it! Or just wait! YOU HAVE A CHOICE! And it's okay for EA to make money, they are a company who sells stuff, just like ALL OTHER COMPANIES IN THE WORLD!
  • I do 3 refresh a day since the begining but i will dont have before the end of event.
    Thats the real problem !!!
  • Hopefully EA will make enough money out of this event to get a good christmas bonus.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

F2p here, I'll probably manage to get her, better luck next time folks

Not without spending crystals that you paid for likely. Unless you saved crystals for like 4 months prior

Bingo. Lotta p2p players on here pretending they aren't buying or are one of the only ones who magically saved the 15,000 crystals needed to farm the veterans...

there's also lotta people on here pretending it's impossible even for nifty f2p players though ;)

There's more people acting like "just win the lottery" is a valid business strategy. Because that's what a top 5 FTP basically did. They got lucky. Seeded into a shard with low spenders that they managed to get more 20+ secondary speed mods than. Having the zeta challenge drop 4 mats vs others getting several weeks of 0's. Getting good RNG isnt a skill, and is basically all that separates you from the rest of the top 100 with your same team comp.

yea yea, it's just luck. haha.
    i'd also like to note that no one in my top100 uses the same team comp as i do ;)

Well you're just the most special creature and no one could ever be as smart as you. You, and you alone, are running the magic bullet on your unicorn shard. Or you could just be lying to inflate your e-peen. I know which I believe is more likely.

On both of my shards, its more or less clone teams. The only thing separating them is RNG on mods and gear drops.

@Bossk_Hogg
    Sure, there's a certain amount of luck involved, nobody is denying that. However, stating that players who are performing better than others is only because they're lucky is just hilarious.
    The overwhelming majority of players with worse arena mods than i have, have farmed less mods and refreshed the mod store less often than i did. There are also players who farmed less mods and refreshed the mod store less often than i did, but do have better arena mods than i have and obviously vice versa. (i farmed a f ton of mods and don't have particulary amazing arena mods) Luck plays a roll, but isn't the deciding factor in the majority of the cases.
    Gear drops are even less skewed by RNG. With the amount of gear you need to farm, RNG definately evens out.
    Zeta's are little more skewed by RNG, but still, i'm willing to wager that the bulk of the players with less zeta'd characters than i have (13, not that many) have bought less zeta mats in the fleet store.
    Leaderboard luck is definately the most skewed of all. Having a relatively easy arena leaderboard like i do makes things a whole lot easier.
    You might want to be open for the possibility that other players did in fact made better choices than others did and that it isn't just luck why they're doing better than others.
    I don't consider myself to be an amazing player, but i do like to plan ahead. It has paid off in the past and made being able to participate in events less dependable on luck.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I wish the Falcon was required as well for her event.
    The moaning would be legendary.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    I didn't have all the toons leveled for CLS, getting him the second time around. I didn't have the toons leveled for BB, getting him the second time around. Same for Thrawn & Talzin, will be the same for Rey ... I'll just get her the second time around.

I was fine with missing CLS since his required toons were available for a long time and its my fault for ignoring people’s predictions. Im not fine with 3x refreshes every day since the vets’ release and that still not being enough for the rey event.

Exactly. It's a naked money grab and a finger in the eye to everyone who's been diligently trying to prepare for this event far in advance.

So much for those of us who were dutifully farming and gearing up Resistance teams. :D

I'm just about done with this game...
  • Mischen1 wrote: »
    waah, WAAH, WAAAHH! Cry babies. EA IS MAKING MONEY! IT'S NOT FAIR FOR A COMPANY TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF US! IT'S NOT FAIR WE CANNOT GET THE NEW SHINY TOY! WAAHH! Um, you don't have to buy anything. Just be patient and she will be available to you one day. Free to play? Free to not play! If you want the new stuff, buy it! Or just wait! YOU HAVE A CHOICE! And it's okay for EA to make money, they are a company who sells stuff, just like ALL OTHER COMPANIES IN THE WORLD!

Really unnecessary response. I'm sure you can get your same point across without the aggressive tone or mocking others.

It can only lead to escalated responses which does the thread and forum no favour.

Can't we all just get along?
  • The release of the new movie should be an occasion to celebrate with the whole community. But it feels like most of us are not invited.
  • Soon to be former F2P here

First off... this toon is F2P assuming you place high in squad arena, or can compensate with fleet arena. Both arenas are F2P possible as well. That being said, the reason you need the crystals is because you CANNOT get the vets on cantina refreshes alone. You need to buy their shards from the shop, which is very expensive.

I’ve saved more than enough crystals for refreshes long after the event is over, but that doesn’t help me. I place top 20 about 50% of the time, and top 50 the other 50%, I get no crystals from fleet.

With the double drops happening twice, some of you may get really lucky but I still think shop buys with crystals are necessary. I will be getting both to 50/100 then buying the $30 pack. It’s an extremely good deal and I don’t think I can get them to 7* in time without it, I’d likely be very close and I’ll hate myself for the next 3-6 months waiting for her to come back. This will be my first in game purchase since starting near launch

Good luck with your farms!
  • At least there may not be as many Rey teams as there are CLS teams.
  • mjaycocks
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Players might be able to get Wampa before Rey, then would they be bothered with Rey?
    BTW - Falcon is a bit easier to farm than the VETs.
  • 45/100 finn 55/65 Han and Chewie :/

too much work in too little time and too broke to afford packs lol

funny how everyone complains about Bf2 Pay2win but this game is the Epitome of P2W lol and nobody says anything about it lol

Cause getting Rey isn't required to win - just as getting CLS wasn't. Nov '15 shard and a simple GK / Barriss setup for a guy that didn't have CLS has served him very well - #1 easily and actually holds better than sheep-meta CLS teams with better mods.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    mjaycocks wrote: »
    At least there may not be as many Rey teams as there are CLS teams.

That's what I've said all along.

Make no mistake - Rey will be overpowered as (insert your own adjective here).

CLS flooded arena and people have complained endlessly about it since. Rey will not flood arena simply because there won't be enough.

Put it this way. I could drop to 150-200 in my arena shard and still be facing some combination of CLS, Barriss, GK, Thrawn, Chaze, DN etc. I doubt that will be the case with Rey.