Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• anonidude wrote: »
    Not as long as the hobbit + lotr special edition deluxe director cut

Maybe

These events have run 7 days in the past if that's an indication

Thought it would be. Just wanted 10 days. Give me a bit more time
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    I'm pulling 15 fost a day with like 300 crystals. But I do concur 30 a day sounds better

Thats 50% droprate, you must be luckiest guy alive.

15/45 is 33% , the known supposed drop rate. I assure you I am not lucky haha

It's a point how you read your post. When I read 300 crystals, I thought 150 for node refreshes and 150 for energy. Which would result in 30 attempts (with 50% droprate at 15 shards). But now it's clear you spend the whole 300 tokens for refreshing the nodes.

Over all, I had FOST at 4* as bb8 came the last time. Doing all three nodes daily since then with some refreshes during the double drops and still 20 shards away from 7*. RNG hates me on this toon. But I think it will be no problem to get him done till December 16th.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Zagrey - Most of us were busy preparing for Thrawn, R2 and CLS events. I am sure you understand that.

FOST appears on multiple hard nodes. Farming them doesn't interfere with preparing for the other events. If you had farmed FOST since BB8 was introduced, I guess you would have reached your goal by now. If you didn't farm him consistently since then, then it's your choice.

If you have ally points on stock, spend them all and hope for RNG to be in your favor.

I started farming FOST during the first bb8 event and still I’m only 83/100.

You have 7 days to farm him. Assuming u do it from 3 nodes you should get 5 shards a day. Its safe
  • This is the reason why new characters are not easly obtainable
  • well update was announced on 5th. And you should assume something going to happen and not rush with spendings.

guess its obvious for most of the players here
  • I saw it last night, which was the 6th. They said the 8th and 9th. Plenty of time to bank energy.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Zagrey - Most of us were busy preparing for Thrawn, R2 and CLS events. I am sure you understand that.

FOST appears on multiple hard nodes. Farming them doesn't interfere with preparing for the other events. If you had farmed FOST since BB8 was introduced, I guess you would have reached your goal by now. If you didn't farm him consistently since then, then it's your choice.

If you have ally points on stock, spend them all and hope for RNG to be in your favor.

I started farming FOST during the first bb8 event and still I’m only 83/100.

That`s some extremely bad RNG
    Once BB8 launched i started farming pilot and with help of Fleet shop completed it really fast. Trooper wasn`t that easy, but i started him 4 weeks after BB8 and completed mid November. No extra refreshes ( made once during double drops ) Same time got the bonus 33/65 Kylo ship
  • Yeah but also (I hope) **** shards with Rey and cantina tokens will be double as well so I am going to carry as many as possible over.
  • With double drops, I think it's convenient to make 5x refresh (100,100,100,200,200)
  • It always worth it.
    Just do it.
  • I saw it last night, which was the 6th. They said the 8th and 9th. Plenty of time to bank energy.

I saw this morning,which was 7th (they post it after midnight), so only 1 day.
    I too would have been satisfied with two days to accumulate energy.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This game hasn't changed its fundamental model for bringing in new characters. If anything p2p toons have generally become f2p much sooner than when I started. There's no surprise here. Why do people react as if they are surprised it's new premiere toons(s) are not easier to get? I'm confused...... Haven't you been paying the same game I have?
  • costahd
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Just try to read and follow a few pages back and you will understand.

Oh, you must be in the North American timezone which the devs are catering to. Players in Europe and Asia only got it on 7th after many have already used their daily refresh, so zero time to bank energy.
  • Zambor wrote: »
    I saw it last night, which was the 6th. They said the 8th and 9th. Plenty of time to bank energy.

Oh, you must be in the North American timezone which the devs are catering to. Players in Europe and Asia only got it on 7th after many have already used their daily refresh, so zero time to bank energy.

Yeah, I’m in the US so that’s probably why. That stinks that you didn’t get to see it until later. Hopefully you’ll be able to bank up enough.

They should make it run a day longer then for you All in Europe and Asia. That would be fair.

• Naw
    969 posts Member

Or DS TB + Territory Wars, but they are not that important :)
  • Sorry I’m confused. Double drops are for 24 hours or 48?
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    We neeeeeeeeeeed mods and lots of them and we also need Rey. I'm not even arguing that we should have her right away, but saying we can't even have her the second time unless we sacrifice mods just made my blood boil!

No one is saying that except you. Have you done the math on how long it will take to farm the vets? Are you also factoring in using the mod shop? (Have you unlocked the good mods in the shop by clearing the mod challenges?) Four months should be plenty of time to farm the vets. And presumably you do have some mods on other toons? You can move mods around, so you don't _actually_ need additional mods for the vets.
  • Chucke wrote: »
    Sorry I’m confused. Double drops are for 24 hours or 48?

• I'm going to spend 100 dollars to get ready for event, can I please see what I'm paying for
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    skywhopper wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    We neeeeeeeeeeed mods and lots of them and we also need Rey. I'm not even arguing that we should have her right away, but saying we can't even have her the second time unless we sacrifice mods just made my blood boil!

No one is saying that except you. Have you done the math on how long it will take to farm the vets? Are you also factoring in using the mod shop? (Have you unlocked the good mods in the shop by clearing the mod challenges?) Four months should be plenty of time to farm the vets. And presumably you do have some mods on other toons? You can move mods around, so you don't _actually_ need additional mods for the vets.

A lot of my best mods came from the shop. While it's a lot of credits to spend on something that often doesn't give a desired result, it is still a good substitute when you don't have the spare cantina to farm.
  • Sometime next week is my guess. You'll probably have to make a tough decision, otherwise that 100 may not make a difference, unless you are already far ahead.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Doesn't the kit generally get released a couple days before the toon? Can't remember with CLS but I don't remember too many toons getting much of a heads up on kits.
  • Because there might be movie spoilers in he kit. Skills she has, faction tags, etc. Disney wouldn’t want the movie to be spoiled a week in advance...
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    because she is very weak, and If people realize she is weak, they will not spent anymoney :D
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    It helps with the panic farm...

"What if she's really good? I need her to beat the meta!"

"What if she's not?"

"I can't take that chance, man!"
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Every event toon kit was shown before the required toons.
    Spoiler for movie, the event starts same day as movie, 6am MOST likely
    Still half a day before u could watch the mpvie
  • Probably just too late to post up and waiting on videos. We ll probably get it today
  • Either possible spoilers.

Or, much much much more likely - someone will post that 'its a terrible kit, CLS will continue to be the meta'

And all it takes is one person to believe that, and EA/CG kisses all this panic farm $$$ goodbye.

Best to keep the kit a secret until every possible spender has spent their dollars, then release it.

EA business ethics 101
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    EA business ethics 101

lol, reminds me of the Billy Madison jeopardy

But yeah you’re right. However, i’d like to see the kit too.