Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• TuncBlack wrote: »
    because she is very weak, and If people realize she is weak, they will not spent anymoney :D

Hocam buldum sizi. :wink:
  • So BB8 event starts tomorrow and during the weekend of the event we get double drops but is it for Resistance tag only? I'm at 34/100 for FOST and no packs were released nor FO double drops mentioned. If I miss 7* BB8 because I'm short 20 shards I will rage quit *sarcasm* .. I love this game too much.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Sounds like you better refresh the node a few times.
  • 20 shards is easy if you're hitting all three nodes before event is over.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    20 shards is easy if you're hitting all three nodes before event is over.

He said he's 34/100
  • Kodname wrote: »
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    because she is very weak, and If people realize she is weak, they will not spent anymoney :D

Hocam buldum sizi. :wink:

Gördüm :)
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    I'm the same boat, 40/100 for FOTP and 52/100 for FOST, I'll probably have to buy a pack if I wanna get bb8 for the rey event....
  • Honestly, this is the message that a large portion of the players are basically saying to CG in reference to FOST shards. People prepared to purchase those shards for BB8, and likely prepared to purchase more to get the smugglers for the Rey event. To deny the ability to purchase those shards is for CG to deny itself the ability to motivate players into panic farming for Rey.

How does that fit into a good business plan? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Disclaimer: I already have all my FOST shards. I had a sneaking suspicion that this would happen so I spent a lot of energy I would have preferred be spent on gear for the upcoming events getting him ready, so this is not a whining thread, I am honestly asking. I feel like this is sand in the eye of a lot of people who were counting on FOST shard packs so they could progress to the Rey event.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Do the math. You have 9 days to get 66 shards. That’s 7.33 shards per day. So call it 8 shards a day to be safe. At a drop rate of 1/3 you should expect to have to aim 24 battles to get those 8 shards. FOST has three nodes at 5 battles a piece, which is 15. If you only refreshed two of those each day then you would have 25 battles to earn 8 shards. It’s doable if you’re willing to do that.

If it were me, I’d refresh all the nodes to be on the safe side. Adjust the plan as you go along. If you’re getting more than 8 shards a day then you can refresh less as you get closer. If you’re getting less then refresh more.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I was hoping for a $20 pack or $10 packs. I am near the same shard counts for both FOTP and FOST. Refreshes alone won't get me there. Ugh.
    Edit: If they wanted to make money, then selling packs like these would be a way to hook me in. Let me buy bona fide benefits and good to spend.
  • I was hoping it would be everywhere again so I could do more mod farming.
  • @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Kozispoon The Nightsister Faction pack doesn't show for me. Will that come with Ghosts of Dathomir?
  • sying wrote: »
    Do the math. You have 9 days to get 66 shards. That’s 7.33 shards per day. So call it 8 shards a day to be safe. At a drop rate of 1/3 you should expect to have to aim 24 battles to get those 8 shards. FOST has three nodes at 5 battles a piece, which is 15. If you only refreshed two of those each day then you would have 25 battles to earn 8 shards. It’s doable if you’re willing to do that.

If it were me, I’d refresh all the nodes to be on the safe side. Adjust the plan as you go along. If you’re getting more than 8 shards a day then you can refresh less as you get closer. If you’re getting less then refresh more.

I figured with some refreshes (100 crystals on two refreshes per day) I could maybe get me there. I guess I'm annoyed they released all these packs, double drops and events that do nothing to help me get BB8 7* lol
  • It's frustrating, but there is so little chance of getting Rey that I'm not even going to bother spending or farming for BB-8.
  • I was hoping for a $20 pack or $10 packs. I am near the same shard counts for both FOTP and FOST. Refreshes alone won't get me there. Ugh.
    Edit: If they wanted to make money, then selling packs like these would be a way to hook me in. Let me buy bona fide benefits and good to spend.

Exactly! I'm willing to spend and WANT to spend but for something I know will get me what I want. It's quite simple.
  • Why limit to Resistance, some people don't want to farm vets yet.
  • Great update! But what was the "make mine a double" hint all about? New Rey? New TB?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Arhithi wrote: »
    sying wrote: »

I figured with some refreshes (100 crystals on two refreshes per day) I could maybe get me there. I guess I'm annoyed they released all these packs, double drops and events that do nothing to help me get BB8 7* lol

I understand that. Most of those packs won’t help players that have been around for a while
  • Great update! But what was the "make mine a double" hint all about? New Rey? New TB?

double drop about 2 weeks ago ......
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I was hoping for a $20 pack or $10 packs. I am near the same shard counts for both FOTP and FOST. Refreshes alone won't get me there. Ugh.

You sound like you're already hooked to the game but don't really spend or ever will (I'm in that category). Whales and gambling pricing model is their bread and butter.

• caldera wrote: »
    It's frustrating, but there is so little chance of getting Rey that I'm not even going to bother spending or farming for BB-8.

Only reason I care to get BB8 is because I've been farming FO for 2 months, then farmed Finn from 0-7* in 2 weeks during 2 year anniversary double drops just to build my resistance team (heard they're kind of good). I had come to terms that Rey Jedi Training was not going to happen for me when first announced so worst case I get to build a bad*** team that can help me in arena and events.

Still farming RT btw but at least he shows up in guild shipments here and there which helps speed ut the farm.
  • So many people on here saying to set priorities... Our entire guild set priorities. We all started farming VS the day they became available, three refreshes a day. Not a single person in the 150 that stuck with this plan is going to be ready for Rey. Those that are either place top 3 in arena and ships, and were able to spend more than 3x refreshes, or were just spending cash.

I made the rare decision to spend cash to finish old Ben for CLS. Spend 15 for some extra crystals to push me over. It was worth it. This time around? My diligent and focused farming have left me with two 5 star VS worth nothing. The panic farming calculator says I need 23k crystals (doesn't count double drops, bit so what!). I'm still going to hope for a miracle, but not actually expecting Rey, and DO expect to lose top 50 in arena despite having a full g12 meta team. Even if I did buy that pack, it would not help, despite the poor value for money.

I FULLY understand the frustration expressed in these forums. This is pure, unbridled, P2W and we are going to loose players because of it.
  • If so, I’d like to save up some energy for mod farming
  • just Rey, Finn and Vet Nodes
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    just those needed for new Rey
  • Aw :(
  • Just Finn, Rey (scavenger), and vet chewie & Han. If you need FO for BB-8 you are out of luck.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Rey is a new event we're getting double drops to help with her event. Bb8 is returning we've had time to prep for him, when he was new we had fo double drops. Now quit complaining
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Why limit to Resistance, some people don't want to farm vets yet.

Because
    Rey is a new event we're getting double drops to help with her event.

Quite simple. They've done this exact thing in the past. NS, Phantom/Ghost, etc.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH