Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Havoc57 wrote: »
    I don’t really ever comment here. But I don’t get it, I’m completely ftp since yoda first event. I manage top 5 in both arenas a day. And as long as you plan ahead to should be fine for events. Seems like a lot of complaining because of bad planning not really ea fault. Don’t get me wrong they do a lot of wrong and bad things but if your ftp, you have to gamble on the predictions and vets were predicted a long time ago. Well anyway I’m going back to just watching the forums.

0.05% of the playerbase can get Rey . What you describe is not representative. An average f2p player cannot get the vets on time. With 3 cantina refreshes a day (already more than your averagr Joe but let's say Joe was well organised and saved crystals for a while), you're still far from it.

While it IS possible to get Rey f2p, it is marginal and represents a tiny part of the community. It is not designed and intended for f2p to get Rey. Nothing to do with organisation. And I am sure the "mastermind" behind this strategy is delighted by this kind of posts now: validating p2w practiced thanks to a tiny portion of the community.

It is a lack of respect, if not right insulting, to pretend the average f2p players can have Rey. If it were designed that way, thrn ypu should have been able to get both vets on time with 1-2 refreshed a day.
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Havoc57 wrote: »
    I don’t really ever comment here. But I don’t get it, I’m completely ftp since yoda first event. I manage top 5 in both arenas a day. And as long as you plan ahead to should be fine for events. Seems like a lot of complaining because of bad planning not really ea fault. Don’t get me wrong they do a lot of wrong and bad things but if your ftp, you have to gamble on the predictions and vets were predicted a long time ago. Well anyway I’m going back to just watching the forums.

Yeah, f2p here. I’ve been farming for this since September when the rumors started. I still won’t get her. I farmed all FO, all Resistance, and VSs as soon as they hit shipments. It’s the VSs that are going to catch everyone. They have been farmable for 2 weeks. That’s not planning, that’s outright money grabbing. I bought them from shipments but the fact is that gem cost is too high for only 4 shards. If you’re going to get her as p2w, you had to have had Resistance and fo farmed by the beginning of November so your focus could be solely on the the VSs, and you probably have to have been playing for over a year so you get enough gems every day to refresh 3+ times. I’m not saying being f2p is impossible for this event, but it is extremely unlikely.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Uoza
    10 posts Member
    I hate beeing **** in the eye. First there is just that you need scavenger Rey to participate in the event. That farm i can understand. But that you need the veterans, bb8 and Finn to top of that goes crazy. And you have all 2 weeks to farm them. You gotta be kidding and yes i know you aren't. Biggest wait of the year and this what i get. Feels like ragequit the game.
    CG you are deporting your players with these actions. Makes me think do i really want to continue playing... propably yes, but with an really different attitude. I have spoken Ugh...
  • I like how they talk about the return of her heros journey event in the thread so people will buy in to farming again this round. Personally l, after 6 months of farming everything i need for CLS with no hint of a return attempt, wont be falling for this one. I've spent a fair bit of money on this game so maybe it's time for ea to quit data farming for profit and show they actually give a crap about their player base.
  • I never complain on these forums. I always support the devs and this game.
    Loved difficulty raised on tb, tw is great, love that Rey is more exclusive toon where half the players won't get her 1st time.
    But I'm really bothered by no kit for Rey.
    No explanation of Why?
    @CG_Kozispoon
    U have always shown us the kit of event toons.
    If it is a spoiler and can't be shown, please say so.
    Or tell us her kit will be revealed next week.
    I bought pack for vets I'm hoarding energy for dbl drops. I'm going to be ready to unlock her. I just want to know how many zeta I'll need and which sqaud she will go with so I can gear up toons appropriately.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    I just want to know how many zeta I'll need and which sqaud she will go with so I can gear up toons appropriately.

I would assume similar to CLS. She'll have at least 3 zeta abilities. If you already have that saved up, you are in a good spot.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    I never complain on these forums. I always support the devs and this game.
    Loved difficulty raised on tb, tw is great, love that Rey is more exclusive toon where half the players won't get her 1st time.
    But I'm really bothered by no kit for Rey.
    No explanation of Why?
    @CG_Kozispoon
    U have always shown us the kit of event toons.
    If it is a spoiler and can't be shown, please say so.
    Or tell us her kit will be revealed next week.
    I bought pack for vets I'm hoarding energy for dbl drops. I'm going to be ready to unlock her. I just want to know how many zeta I'll need and which sqaud she will go with so I can gear up toons appropriately.

I think they normally reveal the kit only 2 or 3 days before a character release.
  • ctyc123 wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    On the bright side all of the cantina 8 nodes now have characters assigned to them!

Can't wait for cantina 9!!! https://media.giphy.com/media/k61nOBRRBMxva/giphy.gif

There's still 4 open spots in cantina
  • Havoc57 wrote: »
    And as long as you plan ahead to should be fine for events. Seems like a lot of complaining because of bad planning not really ea fault.

This is the entire problem, we had rumors when the VS became farmable 2 weeks ago but only 8 days till the hero journey and they finally confirm the requirements? You honestly think 8 days is enough time to plan ahead?

It is just enough time to panicky drop cash and panic farm. Buy whatever overpriced “value” pack they throw at us, and sit back and watch the $$ roll in. The only people who had time to plan this was CG/EA. But to be honest, no one NO ONE is surprised by EA’s behavior here.
  • ctyc123 wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    On the bright side all of the cantina 8 nodes now have characters assigned to them!

Can't wait for cantina 9!!! https://media.giphy.com/media/k61nOBRRBMxva/giphy.gif

There's still 4 open spots in cantina

Not to mention removing some of the repeaters.
  • Bz183 wrote: »
    %100 f2p here. Will get Rey no problem. I finish at top of both arenas though. Don't say it's not possible.

I call fake news on this. Also a f2p here who has been farming exclusively from cantina, and using shards to buy them in the store prior to it. Nowhere near ready for Rey, and I already have my FO team in full with Finn at g9.

And many others have also noted similar impossibilities. You either got an insanely high drop rate, or you just lied and bought. How far did you drop in arena during that time?
  • Here is my feedback... 1st, this event should let the player base celebrate the movie. I think everyone is ok with it being a stretch for ftp. I'm not ftp or ptw. I spend to show support when I see games working to be better. This would require a huge spend and feels like we are getting the shaft. 2nd You can say we should have known, but most of us don't have the time to both play and read all the forums... I didn't sign up to troll Forums but to play a game... So no I didn't know.... 3rd all those who said ftp should have done X... I firmly disagree because those same did NOTHING to help their guild all this time, which is where the devs professed to be taking the game through recent additions. 4th. They have had us run around for LSDB, DSTB, TW, night sisters etc. Devs HELLO we have been busy! This launch though YOUR actions, says we should ignore your content, because if we try to be a part of it, we miss out on something that obviously fans of the franchise want to be able to complete for. 5th this launch is crazy compared to the past and an insult to moderate spenders. For my part, I'll spend the money I'd set aside to ensure I'd get Ray to see the movie more... Disney smartly issuing charging hundreds of dollars per ticket like you, so I'll go where the value prop makes sense.... Further, until proven otherwise my spending here is done because I don't give company's my money to be disrespected but false actors like you.

-Disgusted player, who's frankly ticked off about this move
  • I give up. The two vets are too much for me to 7* in time...
    But good luck to everyone who can participate!
  • I am not ftp.
    I will have to spend money to finish vets in time.
    I'm okay with that. I love this game and spending money on it keeps it alive and allows devs to keep adding all this content.
    If you know you can't get ready in time just farm them both and you will be for sure ready when event return
  • mjaycocks wrote: »
    Hopefully EA will make enough money out of this event to get a good christmas bonus.

Big companies don't share the wealth with their peasant employees. Those are saved for CEO, coo and shareholders. the rest of the employees get peanuts lol.
  • Once again another forum post of someone salty due to not being able to get the new character. I will be person A, planning and sacrifices was all that was nweded to get the new Rey. I have many guildmates who will get Rey and have never put a dollar in the game. Yes it might take some investment. Yes it requires sacrifices but the thing is, IT IS A LEGENDARY CHARACTER. It isnt meant for everyone to get. Of course those pay will get the advantage in a FREE game. I swear people think this game runs on activity. You dont see ads in your game do you? They have to generate currency some how. So those of us who knew this decided to make the sacrifice and save crystals and plan on 2x drops and planned o vets being required will be rewarded. Crystals are easy to geet and save with SELF CONTROL. You say it is i.possible to place high w/o CLS not only is that not true, but if you didnt get CLS there is an obvious trend of you not knowing how to co serve and direct your resources. You can place high in both arenas and save the crystals you get no problem. You can cry as much as you want but at the end of the day IT IS your fault you dont have Rey. Stop getting on the forums to whine and do like the other portion of the community and continue to upgrade your roster and look forward to next time.

None of your friends will get Rey without spending money. Fact.

Sooooo not fact.
  • caldera wrote: »
    It should also be noted that it is NOT trivial to 3-star the last two cantina nodes that currently exist.

This is just like EA's battlefront debacle. They place the requirements so high that no one can realistically achieve them and cause a complete fan revolt.

Its really not.
  • Trilips wrote: »
    And as long as you plan ahead to should be fine for events. Seems like a lot of complaining because of bad planning not really ea fault.

This is the entire problem, we had rumors when the VS became farmable 2 weeks ago but only 8 days till the hero journey and they finally confirm the requirements? You honestly think 8 days is enough time to plan ahead?

It is just enough time to panicky drop cash and panic farm. Buy whatever overpriced “value” pack they throw at us, and sit back and watch the $$ roll in. The only people who had time to plan this was CG/EA. But to be honest, no one NO ONE is surprised by EA’s behavior here.

ermahgerd a company is making money. shut up and pay $30. a single movie ticket costs 25 here in nyc, stop nickel and diming ffs.
  • Trilips wrote: »

All I was saying was being ftp as soon as they went to shipments I bought 4 shards a day (400 crystals)of either got them to 5* each. Then as soon as the went to cantina I have been doing 4 refreshes a day. (500 crystals). If you can finish top 5 in both arenas you can break even doing that farm.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Bz183 wrote: »
    %100 f2p here. Will get Rey no problem. I finish at top of both arenas though. Don't say it's not possible.

SO you have never dropped a dime to keep you competitive in high ranking arena earning all those extra crystals that you could stockpile for farming the VS? Seriously, not a dime.

The point is unless you are in that situation or p2p - you simply wont get them. Most high ranking arena players are the p2p players - so its a bit weird if you are 100% f2p - you must have mazing RNG or the force is with you.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Yeah, f2p here. I’ve been farming for this since September when the rumors started. I still won’t get her. I farmed all FO, all Resistance, and VSs as soon as they hit shipments. It’s the VSs that are going to catch everyone. They have been farmable for 2 weeks. That’s not planning, that’s outright money grabbing. I bought them from shipments but the fact is that gem cost is too high for only 4 shards. If you’re going to get her as p2w, you had to have had Resistance and fo farmed by the beginning of November so your focus could be solely on the the VSs, and you probably have to have been playing for over a year so you get enough gems every day to refresh 3+ times. I’m not saying being f2p is impossible for this event, but it is extremely unlikely.

I am f2p - been playing since game launch. I farmed resistance and FO a while back - BB8 was no issue for me.

But - these VS are. I started farming them as often as I could, but their crystal cost for a few shards was just too high.

Since G12 - my arena rank keeps slipping. I am surrounded in arena by p2p players barely staying below rank 200 these days - so its not like I earn top arena rewards in crystals to farm them. I did what I could do when I could - that about all I could hope for.

I took advantage of the double drops too, but they haven't been farmable from cantina long - I only just got them both to 5* yesterday so I have 185 shards each to get them to 7* - not possible, even if I bought the pack for 50 shards each that still leaves 135 shards EACH.

This is just like farming phoenix for thrawn back in June - but at least thrawn was unlockable at 5* for f2p - this Rey event is ridiculous.
  • Thing is, this debate would not be so heated if Rey were possible to get for an average f2p Joe, provided Joe focused on the vets since they are in the cantina.
    You'd still have complaints, but it would certainly not be that heated.

So in conclusion: no matter the amount of f2p players who will have her (apparently a dozen or so, out of hundreds of thousands), it was not designed for Joe to have it if he does not want to bring the wallet.
  • Boo wrote: »
    I am f2p - been playing since game launch. I farmed resistance and FO a while back - BB8 was no issue for me.

But - these VS are. I started farming them as often as I could, but their crystal cost for a few shards was just too high.

Since G12 - my arena rank keeps slipping. I am surrounded in arena by p2p players barely staying below rank 200 these days - so its not like I earn top arena rewards in crystals to farm them. I did what I could do when I could - that about all I could hope for.

I took advantage of the double drops too, but they haven't been farmable from cantina long - I only just got them both to 5* yesterday so I have 185 shards each to get them to 7* - not possible, even if I bought the pack for 50 shards each that still leaves 135 shards EACH.

This is just like farming phoenix for thrawn back in June - but at least thrawn was unlockable at 5* for f2p - this Rey event is ridiculous.

reading the forum I am starting to think that even 7* unmasked kylo or talzin are also f2p! if you hoard enough crystals you can max them!
  • Bz183 wrote: »

I call fake news on this. Also a f2p here who has been farming exclusively from cantina, and using shards to buy them in the store prior to it. Nowhere near ready for Rey, and I already have my FO team in full with Finn at g9.

And many others have also noted similar impossibilities. You either got an insanely high drop rate, or you just lied and bought. How far did you drop in arena during that time?

Yeah 99% of the players claiming to f2p are either lying, trolling, both, or it's one of those situations where "I'm f2p now, oh yeah I've spent $700 the past 2 years".
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • *sigh* Join the queue Rey
  • Don't know about anyone else, but this whole "Hey, we just announced a new toon, and you've got two days to farm and gear a team of characters if you ever want to see her!" That? Not happening with me. Just my two cents.
  • Don't know about anyone else, but this whole "Hey, we just announced a new toon, and you've got two days to farm and gear a team of characters if you ever want to see her!" That? Not happening with me. Just my two cents.

...You have anywhere from 8-15 days, and while it wasn’t confirmed we’ve been speculating for a month. There’s been waaay more than 2 days. Don’t hyperbolize.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I think I’ve had it, and by the sounds of it I’m not the only one. When the thrawn event came around people were panic farming for the Phoenix and although it was tough it was not impossible to get a 5* thrawn. When the Luke event came around people panic farmed, however all the required character have been out for awhile so people could have farmed a long time and gotten them. For Rey, this is not the case. IF the vets were released in the cantina when they first came then this wouldn’t be a problem. But instead we did not get enough physical time to get them 7*. The amount of money needed would be absurd to get hem 7* and I have been farming them the second they were farmable. If Rey was unlockable at 5* this wouldn’t be an issue but alas, the devs have given no care to the fan base and instead given us a goal that would cost hundreds to get. I understand there might be people out there that will pay but from what I’m hearing this may be the last straw for a lot of people. Just clear carelessness of the company for its player base. If you disagree that’s fine but I know me and a lot of others share this opinion.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Trilips wrote: »

We had rumors that the vets would be required for a hero's journey for Rey the day they dropped in the game 3 months ago. The people who listened to those rumors are the ones who had time to plan ahead.
  • this thread will prolly be shut down soon. The Truth is not somthing they seem to understand and wish to hear