Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Been farming since spring. Even have a 7 star bb8. Chewie is 0 outta 85. Han 30 out of 85. I saved up tons of currency in all the shops. But i didnt hoard crystals. Still, i used what i had on the vets when they appear3d in the store. And now I have been spending all my crystals on cantina energy. Even with the packs, I'm Mr Hanky out of luck. I haven't missed a day of this game in 13 months. I have spent money in the past. But my camels back is very weak right now. I will keep complaining thank you very much
  • If you missed the bb8 event last time you should’ve put a priority on first order for the next event. No excuse.

Word of advice, if you don’t get rey this time around, finish your first order and vets and be prepared for the 2nd time she comes around.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The double drops on vets doesn't guarantee anything. Many spenders in my guild would have to go well out of their way with 15-20k crystals (maybe less with 48hr double drop, but not much less) in addition to packs to get the vets, regardless of having bb8 or not. Add the FOST/FOTP crunch for more crystals and voila, there's your answer.

This is a calculated, aggressive cash grab. They know that and the vets are the choke points and want ppl to spend tons of $$$ on crystals
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    As an aside, since the Millenium Falcon is in the same node as rey, you can effectively get double drops on the Falcon for a couple days too.
  • Because it’s a Resistance event and you’ve had months to work on First Order since the first BB-8 event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • As an aside, since the Millenium Falcon is in the same node as rey, you can effectively get double drops on the Falcon for a couple days too.

Oh yeah loooing forward to that!

• NicWester wrote: »
    Because it’s a Resistance event and you’ve had months to work on First Order since the first BB-8 event.

Yep.
  • Putnam wrote: »
    As an aside, since the Millenium Falcon is in the same node as rey, you can effectively get double drops on the Falcon for a couple days too.

Oh yeah loooing forward to that!

Me too!
  • Arhithi
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Putnam wrote: »
    If you missed the bb8 event last time you should’ve put a priority on first order for the next event. No excuse.

Word of advice, if you don’t get rey this time around, finish your first order and vets and be prepared for the 2nd time she comes around.

I did put a priority on FO which is how I got FOO, Kylo and FOTP to 7* from nothing and FOST to 34/100.. had phasma done a while ago :)

But thank you for the obvious.

For some perspective.. it's 330 shards to 7* correct? I'm averaging 4 shards per day for FOST which means it would take me 82 days. No joke I rarely ever get more than 4 and have plenty of days where I'll only get 2 for 15 nodes. Maybe it's RNG but I've been farming him since day 1.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Because it’s a Resistance event and you’ve had months to work on First Order since the first BB-8 event.

nah, that sounds not nearly complicated enough. ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Easybee wrote: »
    So many people on here saying to set priorities... Our entire guild set priorities. We all started farming VS the day they became available, three refreshes a day. Not a single person in the 150 that stuck with this plan is going to be ready for Rey. Those that are either place top 3 in arena and ships, and were able to spend more than 3x refreshes, or were just spending cash.

I made the rare decision to spend cash to finish old Ben for CLS. Spend 15 for some extra crystals to push me over. It was worth it. This time around? My diligent and focused farming have left me with two 5 star VS worth nothing. The panic farming calculator says I need 23k crystals (doesn't count double drops, bit so what!). I'm still going to hope for a miracle, but not actually expecting Rey, and DO expect to lose top 50 in arena despite having a full g12 meta team. Even if I did buy that pack, it would not help, despite the poor value for money.

I FULLY understand the frustration expressed in these forums. This is pure, unbridled, P2W and we are going to loose players because of it.

I'm not sure If I just got lucky with double drops last time or what, but Im at 7* han and 50/65 for chewie. With the new double drops, I should be way in the clear. Im in 200-100 for arena and 10-5 for ships. No money spent. It is doable F2P.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Because, vets haven't been farmable for that long yet so even people who have been refreshing 3 times a day and been working on them since day 1 still haven't finished them.

We have had a lot of time to prepare for BB8. We got some help when he first arrived with double drops if I remember correctly, and if people have been following they should have had some idea of when he would return. We also recently had double drops on everything for the 2 year anniversary.
  • Easybee wrote: »
    So many people on here saying to set priorities... Our entire guild set priorities. We all started farming VS the day they became available, three refreshes a day. Not a single person in the 150 that stuck with this plan is going to be ready for Rey. Those that are either place top 3 in arena and ships, and were able to spend more than 3x refreshes, or were just spending cash.

I made the rare decision to spend cash to finish old Ben for CLS. Spend 15 for some extra crystals to push me over. It was worth it. This time around? My diligent and focused farming have left me with two 5 star VS worth nothing. The panic farming calculator says I need 23k crystals (doesn't count double drops, bit so what!). I'm still going to hope for a miracle, but not actually expecting Rey, and DO expect to lose top 50 in arena despite having a full g12 meta team. Even if I did buy that pack, it would not help, despite the poor value for money.

I FULLY understand the frustration expressed in these forums. This is pure, unbridled, P2W and we are going to loose players because of it.

I have so far farmed them to 6* each completely for free. 13/100 on Chewie, as well. The key was to do the math and estimate the release date. A fair guess was with the movie on the 15th, so I realized there would need to be some shipment purchases. With crystal hoarding and scoring decent in arenas I've been able to make shipment purchases, still completely for free. Not getting enough crystals daily? Skip your hard node farms. Do the math and see that the 200 crystal refreshes would yield, on average, the same cost as the shipments, but shipments are more reliable, so I skipped the 200 crystal refreshes, made the most use of double drops. Still should be pushing it, but I can do it without paying.

I probably still will buy the $30 pack because I find it a decent value so I can move on from farming them and get her on release day, but myself and plenty in my guild are in line to get her completely for free.
  • The Vets don't have a Resistance tag, so it's not resistance only. :smile:
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    I have been farming Vet Han & Chewie since they were hinted at being a requirement for the Rey event. I buy 3 cantina refreshes a day and I have been switching back and forth, leveling them up together. I currently have them both @ 5* and I am currently working on Chewie with him being at 17/85 and Han at 0/85. If I had more time, I could finish or if I could at least get them both to 50/100, I would be willing to buy the pack. I'm sure there are tons of more players, besides me, who has been farming these characters who still aren't close enough to participate in the Rey event. Please consider making the double drops for the vets more than just a 2 day thing.
  • I'm really disappointed in the pack content. I'll pretty much have it maxed out in 5 minutes. Please put more thought into how you release packs so they're not beat so quickly. Maybe reduce the total shards in each pack to between 1 and 3, and increase the price by at least 500%. They'd be much harder to achieve and the content would last much longer and the positive feelings of finally working enough to finish them would be off the charts!
  • snowhut wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed in the pack content. I'll pretty much have it maxed out in 5 minutes. Please put more thought into how you release packs so they're not beat so quickly. Maybe reduce the total shards in each pack to between 1 and 3, and increase the price by at least 500%. They'd be much harder to achieve and the content would last much longer and the positive feelings of finally working enough to finish them would be off the charts!

How noble of you to suggest. Do you also grab food from kids when you think they've eaten too much? Wouldn't want them to fill their hunger so easily...
  • Reading this thread makes my head hurt. Everyone screaming priorities make no sense and are overlooking people’s posts to push their own conceited message. Here’s the bottom line:
    Toons like FO, Finn, and Rey should have been finished no problem. They’ve been around forever and since the last BB8 ’event FO was also a given. Now.... when it comes to the vets...are all the conceited people paying extra special attention?? THE VETS ARE THE ISSUE HERE.
    The vets have only been “farmable” in cantina nodes that require 16 energy for a couple weeks. Unless you spent a lot of money on crystals for refreshes beyond 200, you don’t have them ready. That’s not ok. That’s a cash grab. And given how it will be at least half a year until The Rey comes back, that’s messed up.
    I understand needing Finn, Rey and BB8 at 7* given how much time we’ve had to prepare them. That’s fine. But the vets? 5* would have been more reasonable. Or 5* for one of them (cough Han) and 7* for Chewbacca.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Reading this thread makes my head hurt. Everyone screaming priorities make no sense and are overlooking people’s posts to push their own conceited message. Here’s the bottom line:
    Toons like FO, Finn, and Rey should have been finished no problem. They’ve been around forever and since the last BB8 ’event FO was also a given. Now.... when it comes to the vets...are all the conceited people paying extra special attention?? THE VETS ARE THE ISSUE HERE.
    The vets have only been “farmable” in cantina nodes that require 16 energy for a couple weeks. Unless you spent a lot of money on crystals for refreshes beyond 200, you don’t have them ready. That’s not ok. That’s a cash grab. And given how it will be at least half a year until The Rey comes back, that’s messed up.
    I understand needing Finn, Rey and BB8 at 7* given how much time we’ve had to prepare them. That’s fine. But the vets? 5* would have been more reasonable. Or 5* for one of them (cough Han) and 7* for Chewbacca.

+1. And there have been more than enough refuted claims on here that you could've gotten there if you bought the shards early because most f2p players have whales in their arenas, meaning it would be impossible to refresh and buy as much as the "lucky f2p" players on here keep claiming they did.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Reading this thread makes my head hurt. Everyone screaming priorities make no sense and are overlooking people’s posts to push their own conceited message. Here’s the bottom line:

+1. And there have been more than enough refuted claims on here that you could've gotten there if you bought the shards early because most f2p players have whales in their arenas, meaning it would be impossible to refresh and buy as much as the "lucky f2p" players on here keep claiming they did.

+1
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Can anyone confirm if double drops is universal in ls and ds battles and cantina or just for the veteran nodes (and finn and Rey )?
  • Didn’t the devs confirm it?

In preparation for Rey's Hero's Journey, please enjoy double drops from 12/8/17 through 12/09/17 (12:00AM – 11:59PM Player Local Time)! You can find these double drops for the following Character nodes:
    Finn
    Rey (Scavenger)
    Veteran Smuggler Chewie
    Veteran Smuggler Han
  • Why not including first order in the doble drops, they are nt the easiest to far?
  • Airia wrote: »
    Double drops are nice, but why aren't they closer to the event, I won't hit 83 till right before the event, so can't even panic farm the vets :(

Also... where is the first order packs for BB-8, FOST is such a ridiculous farm, especially since you only get two possible yellow nodes till 85'ish where you open a third. WTB FOST pack.

I agree the FO is hard to farm!!!
  • Hello! So I got the message that we have double drops because of Rey`s Hero Journey but as i can see we still have the normal drop rate of 1x not 2x as the news/event tells us. Am I getting this wrong or how?

FE9TQIJ.png
    0ep3OUP.jpg
  • Double drops on the 8th and 9th on required characters only
  • It's only in specific toons. Rey, vets, finn.
  • Please tell me you are 7 years old...or that this is a troll?
  • For just 150 dollars, you too can have a bench warmer to sit on your B squads.

I might use the vets in arena before I use her....