Rey (Jedi Training) Strategy Guide

Prev134567
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited December 2017
UNIT NAME: Rey (Jedi Training)
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Resistance, Tank
Resilient Resistance Tank who avenges debuffed allies and controls the battlefield
qux2frlzmik6.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: Connected Strikes
0yw8n8yuq225.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Damage is increased by 25% for each of the following: Rey has no debuffs; Rey has any buffs; the target has no buffs; the target has any debuffs.

Special 1: Defiant Slash
uevyccqsy3di.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns (this effect can’t be Copied, Dispelled, or Resisted). Target other Resistance ally and dispel all their debuffs, call them to Assist, and grant them Foresight for 2 turns. (Cooldown 5).

Special 2: Mind Trick
1o7jpn48u9nc.gif
Dispel all buffs on target enemy and inflict Ability Block, Daze, Offense Down, and Speed Down for 2 turns. For each debuff inflicted, remove 10% Turn Meter, which can't be Resisted. For each debuff Resisted, remove 20% Turn Meter, which can't be Resisted. For each active Resistance ally, gain 15% Turn Meter. This attack can't be Evaded. (Cooldown 5)

Leader: Inspirational Presence
(Includes ZETA Upgrades): Resistance allies have +30% Critical Chance and +30% Critical Damage. When they score a Critical Hit, they have a 70% chance to inflict Expose for 2 turns (this effect can’t be Resisted). Resistance allies gain 10% Turn Meter when an enemy is Exposed.
When Resistance allies use a Special ability:
  • All Exposed enemies lose 5% Turn Meter (this effect can't be Resisted)
  • If the Resistance ally has no debuffs, reduce their Cooldowns by 1
(ZETA): When a Resistance ally uses a Special ability, all Exposed enemies lose 5% Turn Meter (this effect can't be Resisted); when a Resistance ally uses a Special ability, if they aren't debuffed, reduce their Cooldowns by 1.

Unique 1: Virtuous Protector
(Includes ZETA Upgrades): When another ally suffers a debuff, or when a Resistance ally gains Secret Intel, Rey gains 8% Turn Meter. When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself.
(ZETA): When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself.

Unique 2: Insight
(Includes ZETA Upgrades): At the start of each encounter, Rey gains Foresight until she Evades. Rey recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection when she Evades.
At the end of Rey's turn:
  • Rey gains Foresight until she Evades
  • If Rey has Foresight, she gains Critical Damage Up until she is damaged
  • If Rey has Critical Damage Up, she gains Offense Up until she is damaged.
(ZETA): At the end of her turn, if Rey already had Critical Damage Up, she gains Offense Up until she is damaged instead; at the start of each encounter, Rey gains Foresight until she Evades; when Rey Evades, she recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection.

General Strategy, Synergy and Utilization
Rey’s Hero’s Journey continues in Galaxy of Heroes! Guide Rey as she uses her lightsaber to defeat her foes and learn the ways of The Force.

In PvP... Rey (Jedi Training) is a tank character that is also able to deal powerful damage and establish control of the battlefield. Coupled with her consistent Foresight, she is difficult to take out. Locking her down with debuffs is equally difficult given Rey’s unique “Virtuous Protector” ability grants the chance to dispel all debuffs on her. Rey (Jedi Training) also brings the first unpreventable and undispellable Healing Immunity, which helps her while battling stubborn opponents such as Barriss Offee, Chirrut Imwe and Kylo Ren (Unmasked).

While Rey (Jedi Training) can function in multiple squads, she works best when accompanied by her trusty droids. BB-8, can use “Secret Intel” to speed her up, while R2-D2 can help keep her under stealth as Rey (Jedi Training) is ramping up damage via her “Insight.”

In PvE... Rey (Jedi Training) brings a new twist to the Resistance playstyle. Her leader ability, “Inspirational Presence,” grants any Resistance unit a chance to apply Expose via a Critical Hit. Thus, she pairs extremely well with Resistance squad mates who gain Turn Meter from each successful Expose application. It also benefits Resistance units that can score multiple Critical Hits in the same turn.

She excels at providing Turn Meter and Cooldown reduction to her team in reliable amounts. She also brings the team’s damage up significantly with her assist call (especially when paired with BB-8), and her powerful basic attack.

In HAAT Raid, her “Insight” can reliably keep her Offense Up and Critical Damage Up active. This boosts her already formidable offensive presence, and allows her to consistently deal large amounts of damage in quick succession.

COMMUNITY VIDEOS

Looking for even more strategies and analysis of Rey (Jedi Training)'s kit? Check out these videos made by your fellow players.

CubsFanHan
https://youtu.be/Klj1WYXT-qg

Nukin from Republic
https://youtu.be/M3OWf6RJ4w0

AhnaldT101
https://youtu.be/wVNp3lJtvyk

Mist Passiert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyMCSGxFh4

MobileGamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpVBwTJemqA

WarriorPresents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyKq-KKAD30

DBofficial125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6S6YJsN7q4&t
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by GAWS on

Replies

• For Defiant Slash, what happens if there aren't any other Resistance allies to target?

"Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns (this effect can’t be Copied, Dispelled, or Resisted). Target other Resistance ally and dispel all their debuffs, call them to Assist, and grant them Foresight for 2 turns. (Cooldown 5)."
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    For Defiant Slash, what happens if there aren't any other Resistance allies to target?

"Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns (this effect can’t be Copied, Dispelled, or Resisted). Target other Resistance ally and dispel all their debuffs, call them to Assist, and grant them Foresight for 2 turns. (Cooldown 5)."

Same thing that happens to people like Plo Koon if you have no one else to target for the taunt? I think the game just continues without that effect.
  • Kanye23
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Without taunt she is pretty much useless her kit is to complex 5 sec cooldowns ???
    1. Arena defense garbage
    2. She dont fit good in pvp teams in my opinion (limited)
    3. Haat maybe decent but for sure not op or a must have
    4. is it only me or maybe bb8 deserve this special heroes journey more then Rey LOL
    5. For the requierments First order Vets ... its not enough sorry.

So my opinion she isnt that bad. But for sure the value over the price ... they are better things to do. Cls BB8 as example i dont feel rey deserves to be panic farmed. So thats the good thing at the end you dont have to cry if you dont get her the first time. There is nothing special on this normal toon.
    Post edited by Kanye23 on
  • Kanye23 wrote: »
    Without taunt she is pretty much useless her kit is to complex 5 sec cooldowns ???
    1. Arena defense garbage
    4. Is it youst me or maybe bb8 deserve this special heroes journey more then Rey LOL
    5. For the requierments First order Vets ... its youst not enough sorry.

So my opinion she isnt that bad. But for sure the value over the price ... they are better things to do. Cls BB8 as example i dont feel rey deserves to be panic farmed. So thats the good thing at the end you dont have to cry if you dont get her the first time. There is nothing special on this normal toon.

You have to wait until someone tests it. No defense team really stands out today.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Kanye23 wrote: »
    1. Arena defense garbage
    4. Is it youst me or maybe bb8 deserve this special heroes journey more then Rey LOL
    5. For the requierments First order Vets ... its youst not enough sorry.

20opn0.jpg
  • thats true but i dont no i dont feel it hope you know what i mean she is a premium character...
    Sure we dont need more CLS PLZ NO MORE CLS TOONS
    But if you think what is requierd for her i feel bad
    There is no special that extra little bit what makes her great she is more finn 2.0 but thats about it
    for that she is in my opinion not worth the effort
  • Kanye23
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
  • I’m not keen on her leader ability compared to Finn’s, but I love everything else and think she’s a huge upgrade over Scavenger Rey—who I already like very much for her burst potential and spammable Daze.

Zeta Finn, Poe, Trooper, BB-8, New Rey. Yum.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • She’s not going to be the new leader but her kit is definitely not bad. Have to see how hard she hits and she’s a tank? Like original old ben and ezra put together with some single target control
  • I find it unusual that her journey is FA meetings, but the unlock is last jedi... also no kylo synergy?
  • Ow surprised, looks like an average kit. I would say it's better than way, we don't need more op toons and I like the resistance sinergy.

On the other hand, price to get her is very high, so we conclude it doesn't worth. Will pass this time and use my crystals on other toons.
  • Good Resistance based kit. Elsewhere in the game not so sure. We'll see how tanky she is and how hard she hits.
  • She’s not going to be the new leader but her kit is definitely not bad. Have to see how hard she hits and she’s a tank? Like original old ben and ezra put together with some single target control

She may wind up a leader yet—if there are more new Resistance characters to go along with the movie, odds are they’ll be optimized to work under her leader ability.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I agree with you NicWester on that. maybe one day... maybe in 2-3 months maybe in 6 months.
    until she is reliable and so we agree we dont need really to rush her until that moment
    i mean i will get her but i dont believe i will invest in to it at this point atleast
  • I like her Defiant Slash and insight, but with all else she isn't as amazing as CLS, r2, gk etc. Finn still has a better leader with cd - 1 and 35% tm. The heal immunity lock-on is cool and foresight each turn, but she relies on bb8 for tm and r2 for stealth to keep her alive. She can't solo because she relies on tm gain from allies.

Still, better vers. of scav rey but not a leader replace over finn.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't understand why heal immunity is dispelled many times in videos. Kenobi and shoretrooper clear them....
  • Anyone else surprised by Rey's kit? I'm having a really hard time believing that this is a triple zeta, hero's journey character! The amount of resources needed to get her the first time is incredible for what you get. Thoughts?
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Definitely a letdown for what the costs are IMO

On the other hand, at least p2rey won't break everything by being an instant game-dominating character.
  • Looks average. A solid replacement for my Resistance Pilot? Yep. But I'm not spending the $30 to get the Smugglers now. She's honestly not that good. I was hoping she would make my Resistance Arena viable, but doesn't look that way defensively. I'll get her next time around and use her in raids. BUT WHAT ABOUT "Starkiller Base Rey" AS SEEN IN THE CANTINA NODE? Why isn't she playable!? (And Embo!!!!)
  • You don't mean CLS?!?!?!
  • Looks average. A solid replacement for my Resistance Pilot? Yep. But I'm not spending the $30 to get the Smugglers now. She's honestly not that good. I was hoping she would make my Resistance Arena viable, but doesn't look that way defensively. I'll get her next time around and use her in raids. BUT WHAT ABOUT "Starkiller Base Rey" AS SEEN IN THE CANTINA NODE? Why isn't she playable!? (And Embo!!!!)

Were most likely getting a rey from each movie and you want two reys from the same movie??
  • Ryzak620 wrote: »
    You don't mean CLS?!?!?!

CLS is much easier to get and is excellent. What are you talking about?
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    First of all I must say I´m really really impressed what EA & CG have done here! Yes you could think, meh she is not as OP as CLS, but that´s actually a good thing. Imagine the seriously hard farming-process with the Vet´s, and then she would be stronger than CLS, a meta-breaker, again....and sooo hard to get....would that be good for the game? No. She is a well rounded, very very good Charakter, absolutely balanced and i´m sure she will make Resistance in high-arena possible, that´s her purpose and I´d be happy to see some Resi-teams up there. It´s kind of like Thrawn in a Krennic+DT Squad, Top 10 strong, but only for some people, who want that. That´s enough reason to invest in her event, but without tearing the Meta in a thousant parts. I´m really thankfull that they didn´t go the absolute power-creep-way with her, and such toon-design would be good to look for in the future, because the game stays healthier and more diverse this way. + she is a direct counter to those generic and really unfun General Zarriss Teams, that´s the right direction. Good work CG :)
    Post edited by Leparine on
  • Was responding to "won't break everything by being an instant game-dominating character" from above poster.
  • Yah it's likely she'll be riding the bench for the foreseeable future after I unlock her on Friday next week..... Funny to be saying that about a "Heroes Journey Character"
  • Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Was responding to "won't break everything by being an instant game-dominating character" from above poster.

Ahhh.....
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It's great. I'm glad that she isn't the massivly overpowered pay2win char everyone expected. Thumbs up.
  • Um...what am I missing?

As far as I can see, Jedi Rey is every bit as good as Comm.Luke.
    She is the lead to Resistance as CLS is to the Rebels.
    Rey might actually be better than CLS if you already have a good resistance team.
  • good.
  • very similar things were said about Thrawn, we will have to wait and see live arena play with maxed out not yet a jedi Rey and different combos to see what her potential will be