Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• AnnerDoon wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I do not understand anyones complaint about the farming. I agree it was short notice and that it was tough to get but everyone seems to think this event is P2P. Me and many guildmates will be able to unlock Rey with no paying. If you think things out and make sacrifices such as not buying as many refreshes to save crystals in anticipation for 2x drops etc it isnt that difficult. Yes it is still close but I am happy with it. I like legendary charactera being a sign of accomplishment(or pay lol). I wouldnt enjoy Legendary characters nearly as much if thry showed up every other month and everyone and their brother had one. It is unique to have a character that instead of just farming a node and you are done, you have to invest and plan for them. Making it that much more special and rare. I agree thr vets should have dropped maybe like 1/2weeks earlier and I do feel like this is the almost the max they can go w/o making a legendary event P2P. I feel like CG did a pretty good job on balance and when I get my Rey I will be that much more rewarded for my sacrifices an planning.

Not quite sure how that's possible. I have refreshed cantina energy up to 400 per day and spent it all on vets since they were farmable. I will not make it. Even with double drops. You either have incredible rng or are mistaken.

Honestly, ask yourself, would it make much business sense for a company to make it so the average player could obtain OP characters for free?

You must be the lucky exception, my friend. Lucky indeed.

There's also a chance that most of these stories are merely being posted by whales pretending to be f2p because the moment the f2p realizes they actually can't get these toons any more that they'll abandon the game, leaving nothing but whales to try and outspend each other. I've seen the "calculations" on here many times, none of them add up or work as f2p unless the player happens to be in the easiest arena in the game, or secretly spent money but didn't admit to it.

TL:DR Yes. It is technically possible to be on track to get Rey as a F2P. But it certainly isn't very probable. Not by a long shot.

In your math you noted you retain top position in arena and ship the entire time. How many f2p players can keep those spots for MONTHS without using shards faster farm gear for g12? Talzin came out during that time and a fully geared 7* Talzin is already in my arena. So how are f2p players supposed to keep those ranks without upgrading or working on their arena team and still manage to set aside shards? That's where everything falls apart. It's not believable, not if you were honestly able to maintain top ranking the entire time without doing anything else...

First, I never said I retained top position in ship and arena, but I do.

Second, I never said I was FTP. I am not. Although, I have spent very, very little since I stopped whaling back in April.

Third, that's exactly my point. Getting Rey as a FTP, while technically possible, isn't very likely. And that's a huge understatement.

Sorry, my message may have been confusing. Wasn't saying you specifically. Was saying the situation of f2p getting Rey as "technically possible". In every scenario described by how people claim they are f2p and will get her, they all say they just kept the top spot in both arena and farmed gems from it the entire time. That's where I think the whole "technically possible' argument isn't even real. I don't think there was any actual way to do this f2p. Not unless you got insane drop rates or bought but lied about it.
    The thing about staying number one is in reference to their arena shard chats, which is a whole other discussion that I won’t get into here. Basically, their crystals are protected. They don’t have to worry about falling far overnight like us normal players.
  • caldera wrote: »
    Sorry, my message may have been confusing. Wasn't saying you specifically. Was saying the situation of f2p getting Rey as "technically possible". In every scenario described by how people claim they are f2p and will get her, they all say they just kept the top spot in both arena and farmed gems from it the entire time. That's where I think the whole "technically possible' argument isn't even real. I don't think there was any actual way to do this f2p. Not unless you got insane drop rates or bought but lied about it.

Oh, ALL you have to do is keep the top spot in both arenas? Well, why doesn't everyone do that?

Exactly my point as to why this was never possible for f2p players. As a true f2p, you can't retain the top spot in both arenas for MONTHS while dedicating no resources to improving those teams. It's just not possible.

I agree with you, to be in those top spots you have to already be spending or have spent, really. And if not you are one of the .0001% who could actually unlock p2Rey without paying directly
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    They've only been there 2 weeks.

"SHARD SHUFFLE
    The following Characters are now available in the following areas:
    Smuggler Chewbacca - Cantina 8-F
    Smuggler Han - Cantina 8-G
    Mother Talzin- Chromium Packs"

**This is from the 11/22 Version Update**

They've been in shipments since mid-October for 80 crystals per shard.

• Any chance we can get a FOST pack that would be great thx in advance.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    We have a few dolphins in my guild, who will have her. I myself have accepted, that I probably won't get her the first time around.
    I did get CLS the first time around. Thrawn at 6* as well. Chimaera at 6*. BB8 and R2 at 7*. I even got EP at 7* the first time around. All through normal farming and panic farming, but without spending a dime.

I'm fine with not getting Rey.
  • This event will be a real fiasco, i hope they'll learn from it.

They don't learn. Did you hear about the stock prices after the bf2 microtransaction fiasco. That was real.
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Okay yes, Cantina Nodes only 2 weeks since I didn't specify.
  • DasMurich wrote: »

Okay yes, Cantina Nodes only 2 weeks since I didn't specify.

Anyone who can do basic arithmetic can see that 80 crystals a shard is a terrible investment.
  • There has to be some people who planned well and are getting her without spending anything.
  • Yes.
  • Yes.

Not me, because I wasn't willing to gamble on the vets being required. But it's doable
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Relatively very very few.
  • Not I. Really don’t want her.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    I'll get her, f2p.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Those of you that have CLS, can you imagine not having him up to this point? Yup. So what the kitten, it's 7* vets or bust.

For me it looks like it'll only cost me $30-50 ish. Guess I can give up some beer money to feed my other need. :#

Shake it off and go for it. Good luck!

lastjedi10.gif

• Anyone who sais "yes" are clueless. I would bet my life on it, there's no way a f2p gets her
  • I might be able if I get INCREDIBLY lucky
  • Boo wrote: »
    Hec sometimes I drop in my shard from 120 all the way down to over 200, just overnight.

I am f2p - I run a CLS (L with G12 & 2Zs) with Chaze and Wiggs - G11

I am surrounded by whales with meta teams including the likes of CLS, R2, DN, Chaze, Wiggs - all maxed zetas and all G12. I even come up against a maxed ewk squad with wicket and Nightsister squad with MT & Zombie.

Its a struggle to stay competitive at the top end of arena when surrounded by p2w players all paying to be there and competing with each other.

So I would guess the top 1-20 rank in my shard are more likely p2w - in which case they are earning the good crystals daily to throw at the VS and if that doesn't work they'll just pull the wallets out for the rest.

It sucks this game is p2w - Even EA was recently chastised by the media regarding this type of p2w scheme in BF2 - when are they going to understand this type of behaviour to the player base leaves a sour taste?
    Some countries are even questioning all of the random loot crate stuff which could be considered as gambling by the law - no more cash grab on games played by kids.
    Oh, cut it out with the What About The Children moral outrage... Kids don't have credit cards and can't buy packs without an adult's say-so. If they're spending crystals they got from playing the game (Arena payouts, Galactic War, daily activities, etc) then they're not gambling.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yes I am
  • I started farming them out of shipments a few months back using crystals I earn from Arena/Ships Arena and saved my energy for double drops
  • Dont care enough to bother with her, i dont like the characters needed to get her minus han and chewie so doubt i will ever get her
  • Vengence wrote: »
    Yes I am

Well, you're absolutely not f2p.....soooo...
  • I wonder how many will realize the over selling their doing and cause them to slow down with the gotta haves and just let people play
  • lol merging the F2P thread with this one made the above replies make no sense.

Jeez this board is.....never mind.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    I'll get her, f2p.

Did you hoard your crystals for months?
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Anyone who sais "yes" are clueless. I would bet my life on it, there's no way a f2p gets her
    This comment all but confirms you’re the clueless one.

This thread has gone in the toilet. Salty people just can’t wrap their head around FTP could get her. Improbable yes. Impossible if you started farming when they were released in Cantina.
  • There has to be some people who planned well and are getting her without spending anything.

They'd have to have saved more than 8k crystals (which I have) maintained top 5 arena (which I have) and quintuple refreshed cantina energy and spent it all on vets since they may became available (which I have). And I am still not going to make it. They are either have a ridiculously lucky RNG (which would have to rival 50% over that span - as opposed to the well-documented 33% that everyone else gets) or they've been banking crystals for months and refresh over 400 or just buying them outright. So whatever.

Honestly, this whole attempt to get people to spend just to play is leaving a very sour taste. Especially when there are so many other better things to give my money to at this time of year.

It won't be on this game. Ever again. This was the final straw for me as far as money goes. It's too much of a cash grab - even for CG.

Sadly, I don't even care any more. That's why this is only my second post in 24 hours. And I've fallen out of the top 10 in arena. Honestly, moves like this are making it easier and easier to care less and less about this game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I think the major issue here is less about the paywall. I'm totally comfortable with there being a cost for getting the newest greatest things immediately. I want them to make enough money for this game to stay in the forefront of their priorities in terms of development and the only way for that to happen is a continued and substantial revenue stream.
    That said, the serious inequality and balance problem comes from the way the game is set up. The range of "RNG" has been a problem in this game for a while. Most arena combats come down more to a dice roll than strategy anymore. This holds true for all farming. Sometimes, you have a bad RNG day and you get zero shards from a substantial energy investment. That places a random element into who needs to spend what which causes resentment in the community. But I think the massive and glaring inequity here is that some folks happened to get lucky and be in less competitive shard and some get put in much more competitive shards. And some people happen to be in shards where the majority of competitive players have the same payout and others have more diversity. Looking at two players with an equal meta team, one might easily hold 1st in both arena and fleet and the other might have issues holding top 50 in arena and top 100 in ships. Between these two players (who likely spent equally on the game), there is an 800 crystal or roughly $8 difference daily. That's nearly a $3000 per year advantage to a player who just was lucky enough to be placed in the right shard. IMO this is the elephant in the room that is really **** everyone off. It makes people who said they farmed him F2P look like trolls and diminishes the value of the investment of paying players.

• Alpine_Canuck
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    "Jedi Training Rey" = Epic FLOP.

She's an average toon, the requirements to participate are so high that most folks feel it is unachievable so they aren't even going to make the effort. The carrot is so far away that the horse can't even see it. Can hardly wait to see next quarter earnings... likely a nose dive.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    There has to be some people who planned well and are getting her without spending anything.

They'd have to have saved more than 8k crystals (which I have) maintained top 5 arena (which I have) and quintuple refreshed cantina energy and spent it all on vets since they may became available (which I have). And I am still not going to make it. They are either have a ridiculously lucky RNG (which would have to rival 50% over that span - as opposed to the well-documented 33% that everyone else gets) or they've been banking crystals for months and refresh over 400 or just buying them outright. So whatever.

Honestly, this whole attempt to get people to spend just to play is leaving a very sour taste. Especially when there are so many other better things to give my money to at this time of year.

It won't be on this game. Ever again. This was the final straw for me as far as money goes. It's too much of a cash grab - even for CG.

Sadly, I don't even care any more. That's why this is only my second post in 24 hours. And I've fallen out of the top 10 in arena. Honestly, moves like this are making it easier and easier to care less and less about this game.

Would you prefere loot box then?