Who to farm from cantina/shipment?

I am a nubian who is ftp after buying the DS starter pack. I just unlocked cantina battles today and plan on farming ahsoka first and dont know who else to get from there and the regular shipment. Is knight Anakin good from there? I forget who I intended to buy but since it refreshed they are gone.

Replies

• Is saving crystals for chromium packs a better use than spending 50 per shard?
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    If you're lucky it can be better, but as a f2p player I like to get the bonus energy to try and max out consular, and chewie first. And use shipments to max out Sidious and Luminara, it's the safer route.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    What characters do you currently have? Don't buy chromium. I advise spending 100 crystals on battles (gear and shard farming) and 100 on cantina shard farming if you can.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    What characters do you currently have? Don't buy chromium. I advise spending 100 crystals on battles (gear and shard farming) and 100 on cantina shard farming if you can.

LS I have consular, chewie, jawa, risistance trooper, clone sargeant, scout ewok. DS I have talia, royal guard, ig 86, snow trooper, stormtrooper
  • DarthVanio
    293 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am F2P player too (but i got pretty lucky with the bronzium) and despite all of the talks here, that i agree with them, i've decided to farm for Talia and to spend my Cantina tokens for Ahsoka. I know it might be the wrong decision but let me explain - Talia is MASSIVE for F2P players - she does decent damage and her heal is important to you at the first 40-50 lvls. I just promoted my Talia to 5* and i am pretty dem happy with her.About Ahsoka - i know that everybody will say get Old Daka or Boba and perhaps they are right, but at the beginig you will need damage dealers - Ahsoka is one of them. You can farm her to 3* and she will hit like a truck. Then you can focus on the better stuff.
    May the force be with you.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    May the force be with you also. I pledge myself to your teachings. The ability to beat big $ spenders is a power few have achieved but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret :-)
  • Fett, Sidious, and Luminara are the one's you should be farming
  • Daka is much more helpful for galactic war and darkside progression.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I'm going with Daka just because she is such an oddball, but do what you enjoy. Don't get caught up with what the forums say is perfection. Fett can be good and I'm pretty sure Ahasoka at max levels would be a pretty good asset. I try not to let myself get too obsessed with having 5 perfect toons for the Arena cause I'm a collector. I'm happy if I get 700 arena tokens and I always do get 725 and between 100 and 150 crystals.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am in the same category... so I'm doing this:

Cantina - Farm the Talia shard missions for currency (refresh using crystals to the 200 crystal level max); Cantina Shipments - Old Daka

Arena shipments - Sidious

Galactic War - Luminara

Hard Modes - since you are limited to 3x per run per day, I just hit as many as I can for Consular/Talia/Fives/Chewie/etc. using Crystals for basic energy refresh (to the 100 crystal level max)

Not having a second DS healer really makes it a lot harder to run the DS missions, imho... Talia is a little too specialized with her healing ability to be viable as the only healer, so I find I have to borrow Old Daka almost all the time for insurance to get 3-star outcomes.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Niminion wrote: »
    Daka is much more helpful for galactic war and darkside progression.

Yes, she would make a great asset. She has many abilities some consider to be unnatural. :-)

At this point I should have Ashoka some time this weekend and then I will rush to farm Daka. I wish I could get Fett sooner as I lack a good DS attacker.
  • Daka is becoming more prevalent as an assist toon when doing Dark Side missions...I see her so often I farmed Boba and Ashoka...and really want to level my Fives I got from a lucky bronzium...but having to Choose between the three(Fett and Fives especially) to level in Cantina kinda sucks. I was forced to choose Fett first to five star at least, because I need a viable Dark Side tank...and like I said, its easy to find a Daka for support when doing missions.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    Is saving crystals for chromium packs a better use than spending 50 per shard?

Idk how lucky you are but everytime I open a chrom pack it's always either someone worthless or a champ I dont use at all. Don't buy those 50 crystals for 1 share that's a rip off but if you're like 3 away from star up for a char that isn't farmable or you're impatinet I would suggest it. Mainly I only use crystals that I get daily not from cash purchases, for energy refill and arena pvp turns. Like under rank 50 you're getting 750 shipment. So that's 2 shipments for dSidious everyday.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

LS I have consular, chewie, jawa, risistance trooper, clone sargeant, scout ewok. DS I have talia, royal guard, ig 86, snow trooper, stormtrooper

My suggestion is don't level up half of your characters and just save up your droids and credits. I'm always lacking droids bc I leveled up like 20 characters to around 40ish and now they just sit. Ewok. Is worthless and so are the storm troopers and royal guard. I would leave the regular storm trooper with taunt just for his taunt but if you got first order trooper today I'd level him up. He's OP and worth the level up. Best way to progress is to just add a lot of allies that are higher level and use their characters to power level you through the LS and DS battles. Then just use energy on maxing the gear for your pvp chars and they'll get you through the pve.