Rey (Jedi Training) Strategy Guide

Replies

• It would be nice if they would stop making toons so complex, get a headache reading through her abilities. Like this does this except when it does that and then it does that when this happens and it also does this and this and that.
    I prefer this does this and that's all it needs to do cuz it's a solid move.

Making her a tank was interesting idea, little bit confused about that one

And I'm not sure what was wrong with Finns lead that they needed to remake it in a switched up way and add a couple things to it. Couldn't Rey have just gotten a new lead altogether?

That foresight every turn is no joke tho, wonder has fast she is
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about her kit. She needs some expose on hit!

Did you miss this?
    Leader: Inspirational Presence
    (Includes ZETA Upgrades): Resistance allies have +30% Critical Chance and +30% Critical Damage. When they score a Critical Hit, they have a 70% chance to inflict Expose for 2 turns (this effect can’t be Resisted). Resistance allies gain 10% Turn Meter when an enemy is Exposed.
    When Resistance allies use a Special ability:
    • All Exposed enemies lose 5% Turn Meter (this effect can't be Resisted)
    • If the Resistance ally has no debuffs, reduce their Cooldowns by 1
    (ZETA): When a Resistance ally uses a Special ability, all Exposed enemies lose 5% Turn Meter (this effect can't be Resisted); when a Resistance ally uses a Special ability, if they aren't debuffed, reduce their Cooldowns by 1.
  • is it just me or is rey holding the light saber almost exactly like qui gon jinn. wonder if she adopted ataru fighting style.
  • anonim wrote: »
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    Yah it's likely she'll be riding the bench for the foreseeable future after I unlock her on Friday next week..... Funny to be saying that about a "Heroes Journey Character"

i couldn't agree more, a tank that doesn't taunt :( she's not bad but she's nothing special, i hope i'm wrong

Seriously? We're still complaining about tanks that don't taunt?

Zeb, Mace, Plo Koon, Teebo, Fives, IG-100, Jedi Knight Guardian, Mob Enforcer, Gar Saxon, B2.

Edit: Old Ben didn't taunt before his rework, either.

Most of the people you just named are terrible tanks, or just terrible characters in general.

As with all tanks, the question you've got to ask is 'are they better than GK?', and New Rey is certainly not. She might be good as a sorta-support type thing, with a real tank on the team as well, but she doesn't look like someone you should be relying on to keep your team safe.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    She’s not going to be the new leader but her kit is definitely not bad. Have to see how hard she hits and she’s a tank? Like original old ben and ezra put together with some single target control
    She may wind up a leader yet—if there are more new Resistance characters to go along with the movie, odds are they’ll be optimized to work under her leader ability.

That's exactly what i was thinking.
    We need more resistance characters for this. But well...maybe some darkside first.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    anonim wrote: »
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    Yah it's likely she'll be riding the bench for the foreseeable future after I unlock her on Friday next week..... Funny to be saying that about a "Heroes Journey Character"

i couldn't agree more, a tank that doesn't taunt :( she's not bad but she's nothing special, i hope i'm wrong

Seriously? We're still complaining about tanks that don't taunt?

Zeb, Mace, Plo Koon, Teebo, Fives, IG-100, Jedi Knight Guardian, Mob Enforcer, Gar Saxon, B2.

Edit: Old Ben didn't taunt before his rework, either.

Most of the people you just named are terrible tanks, or just terrible characters in general.

As with all tanks, the question you've got to ask is 'are they better than GK?', and New Rey is certainly not. She might be good as a sorta-support type thing, with a real tank on the team as well, but she doesn't look like someone you should be relying on to keep your team safe.

Yes. They are not good. But complaining about her lack of a taunt, with no other specific criticisms, is useless. There is precedence for taunt-less tanks. Get over it. She may be a tank, but all that means in this context is that she has a lot of health. She looks to be more of a battlefield controller than a tank who draws fire.

Edit: Poe, and Finn to a lesser extent, already play the traditional tank role in the Resistance team. She fits a different niche.
  • So rey goes from a high damage character with a stick, to a tank who can't even taunt. Was hoping for a powerful attacker.
  • At first look she’s not crazily op in arena but she seems to make BB8 viable in arena. And arena in this current meta you have to run r2 as well. But she is very resitance driven which means another big win for res in pve.
    Like kylo unmasked I think the next toons to come out of their respective factions will give them a big boost.
    And I’m all about nudging arena metas. Not just one character that completely over throws it. Hopefully rey is a step in that direction.
  • I suspected something was up when they didn’t release her kit right away. This will leave a bad taste when they announce the next heroes journey.
  • Oh wow this is the first I'm hearing of this. Said nobody ever
  • She can lead the Knights of Ren to Ack-To so most likely she has skills
  • She’s needs a taunt and or expose on basic as well with 5 turn cooldowns she won’t be viable
  • Well people keep on saying it a let down because they keep comparing new Rey against CLS..which is pretty unfair. She pretty good in her own right. Howver those who have CLS Arena lead don't have to worry about getting de-Throne.
  • Alright, they released the kit we've all been wanting to see today. Now we can really begin the debate of whether or not it's worth it to pay for her. In my opinion, she's not worth the money. Her kit is going to be really fun to use with Tank Takedown, and how she does with resistance in arena remains to be seen, but she's certainly no CLS. Debating about whether or not its possible for f2p to complete the event isn't going to get you anywhere. If you really want her, buy her. If you're willing to wait for next time (which, if you're f2p you probably will have to with most events anyway), do. It's up to you. Complaining isn't going to get the devs to change the date the event is released. They gave double drops. If you want to buy gems for refreshes and hope you get there in time, great. If you stockpile gems and want to refresh and see where you get, great. I've already accepted I won't get her this time around. Why not just prepare for next time or farm something you need to in the meantime?
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • She doesn’t have to be CLS but she needs to be strong enough to make his team
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    It would be nice if they would stop making toons so complex, get a headache reading through her abilities. Like this does this except when it does that and then it does that when this happens and it also does this and this and that.
    I prefer this does this and that's all it needs to do cuz it's a solid move.
    Her abilities are easy:
    1) Hit. Sometimes you hit hard, sometimes you hit REAL hard.
    2) Cleanse BB-8 and give it Foresight, triple attack with it and another resistance ally.
    3) Cleanse an enemy, reduce their TM by 50-100%, gain 75% TM.
    Leader: Not Finn, doesn't matter.
    Unique 1: Go very fast, cleanse yourself sometimes.
    Unique 2: Gain buffs, heal sometimes.

It's #2 that everyone should make everyone look like a Tex Avery character right now. Resistance gets to have the Finn/Poe/Trooper expose battery AND gets to have its own Biggs and Wedge.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kanye23
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I guess you dont get it she is to expensive for that what she can do there is nothing special on her thats the point here
    yeah she is alright but thats about it
    Finn 2.0
    So if you say ahh ok i make her a Tank then plz make her like a counter to GK/or like GK at least then i see why she maybe will be good to farm for guys who didnt complette haat yet ...
    Or give her a special what really makes her good in Haat i dont see the point gear up this toon that makes me sad ;D because i like Rey but this version is ....
    Everyone here says yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa she is alright BUT CONVINCE ME WHY I NEED NEW REY ??? when i already have a resitance squad thats doing more then fine?
    So .. why the player need such an expensive toon with litte or better no impact???
    I don't see Rey's place and if you are a fan of Rey how you can be happy with that?
  • She has some good skills. Glad she's not a cheap / lazy OP kit design like Sheep Commander Puke - no thanks on THE PLAGUE part 2. More balanced and tactical kits are appreciated!
  • DBofficial125
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The sad moment you're the one Game Changer missing from the list :( haha
  • I do hate all the “can’t be resisted or evaded” skills coming out. Get more creative. Tenacity is already nearly worthless as it is. Don’t trivialize it anymore.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    The question you should be asking is what will the next installment of Rey be. Will she be lightside or will she be darkside. Her kit seems interesting though, especially if she is teamed with r2d2 and bb8 but we won't know how good or bad she is till after her event. I was a little surprised they released her kit before the movie but no reveals. So nothing lost. What I'm more interested in is are they going to release few darkside toons to help with the out balance for TBDS. We also need an influx of ships to help with territory wars as well.
  • Re-uploaded to Youtube after Twitch botched my upload release - https://youtu.be/w6S6YJsN7q4
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I’m glad I’m going to get her, but I don’t see how I’ll be using her.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Everyone seems to be trying to replace CLS or GK with her. I was thinking she was a more natural replacement for Thrawn in a (L)CLS, R2, Han, GK, Thrawn team.

She can call R2 on the assist and her specials are setups to disable and kill. Just like Thrawn she plays the role of support and disable more than a tank or damage (even if her tag lies and says she's a tank).

She has solid TMR, dispel, a pile of debuffs, healing immunity that can't be dispelled, auto-cleanses hostile debuffs, self-heals, and gains foresight every turn.

She looks designed to "hold them" while CLS and Han "hit them".
  • What if you use CLS, R2, RJT, BB8, and find a good 5th?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • This is not going to go the way you think.
  • Kanye23 wrote: »
    thats true but i dont no i dont feel it hope you know what i mean she is a premium character...
    Sure we dont need more CLS PLZ NO MORE CLS TOONS
    But if you think what is requierd for her i feel bad
    There is no special that extra little bit what makes her great she is more finn 2.0 but thats about it
    for that she is in my opinion not worth the effort

Periods dude... periods.
  • She is just ehhh
  • Can't wait to try her out. Most importantly, she fixes the one-dimensional nature of resistance and made it so we can have useful chars that don't have kits loaded with expose in the future. Tons of TM gain, irresistible debuffs, auto self cleanse, constant foresight, health and prot recovery, huge team dmg boosts, and enemy tm manipulation is a lot to pack into a single kit. I think folks expecting CLS 2 are going to be disappointed but as someone who loves resistance and is excited at the prospect of some actual variety, I am pleased. I'm addition to some squad variety she will also enable mod variety as potency becomes far less important outside of Poe. I do wish she was meta-breaking OP like CLS, because that would personally benefit me a ton, but her actual kit is better for the game.