Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• I still don't have CLS, I didn't have the toons when he was released. I've played since Rouge 1 was in theaters.

I paid for a crystal pack to get the vets for Rey's journey because it was apparent they would be required. I'll get Rey, but still no CLS yet. In time we'll all get all the toons we want, we just can't have everything "right now".

Patience. Persistence.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Zagrey - Most of us were busy preparing for Thrawn, R2 and CLS events. I am sure you understand that.

FOST appears on multiple hard nodes. Farming them doesn't interfere with preparing for the other events. If you had farmed FOST since BB8 was introduced, I guess you would have reached your goal by now. If you didn't farm him consistently since then, then it's your choice.

If you have ally points on stock, spend them all and hope for RNG to be in your favor.

Honestly, I've been farming him every day since last BB8. Made it to I think 4 star with him by the time it ended last event. JUST got him to 6 today. His drop rate is just horrific for me. But it is what it is. A 6*BB8 is still better than no BB8.
  • I'm pretty sure that what you see now is what you're gonna get.
  • This is the second double drop that has happened since the VS's have become farmable. How much help do people want? I'm ftp and I know for sure I won't be able to get Rey this time around but jeez we were given more help to get Rey than any other toon.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I think your looking for the 1099 crystals pack of 10-330.
    If that is released, it will be during the event.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    How much help do you need? It’s been two weeks since the vets have been in cantina and we have had 2 double drops for those toons since then. We have also had the vets in shipments for more than 4 weeks. There is also a 50x2 package in the store for a decent (for ea) price and you still have about 2 weeks to get them.

• Omeah wrote: »
    This is the second double drop that has happened since the VS's have become farmable. How much help do people want? I'm ftp and I know for sure I won't be able to get Rey this time around but jeez we were given more help to get Rey than any other toon.

Aside from Thrawn, every Legendary Event/Hero's Journey needed characters that were farmable months before their respective event. For Rey, it was a few week for the VSs. Maybe you think we got enough help. But getting more help than any other toon? That's a lie, plain and simple.

You're correct on the toons being available for months ahead of time but wrong for the other legendary events as we weren't given any help whatsoever. If I recall correctly, never was there a time where CG gave us double drops specifically for us to farm the Rebels for Palpatine, or double drops to specifically farm Jedi for Yoda. Yes we got double drops for Phoenix but (if I remember correctly which I probably don't) the double drops weren't specifically for Phoenix Squadron but was just a general broad double drops. I'm saying we have gotten double drops SPECIFICALLY for the toons needed to earn Rey (Jedi Training) and thats more help than we have gotten for the other Legendary events.
  • Haplo wrote: »
    How much help do you need? It’s been two weeks since the vets have been in cantina and we have had 2 double drops for those toons since then. We have also had the vets in shipments for more than 4 weeks. There is also a 50x2 package in the store for a decent (for ea) price and you still have about 2 weeks to get them.

My point exactly. We have gotten plenty of help. Those of us that are FTP will probably have the vets halfway or close to 6 stars by the time the event is over but at least we will be very close to being ready for Rey the next time she comes around.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    but at least we will be very close to being ready for Rey the next time she comes around.

"Soon." :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You have time. Lots of it. Nothing crazy will happen if every person in the galaxy doesn't get her the first time around.
  • Yeah, I hear what you’re saying. It just feels like they’re leaving money on the table.

I was 100% prepared to buy a Veteran pack (expected it to be two packs $10 for 40 shards, one pack at $30 with 50 each is comparable) but looking at the math it’s simply impossible for me to get 7* for both even with the pack.

So... I’m just not. Like, I want the character and I’m willing to pay, but since paying still won’t get me it in time, I’ll just relax and finish the Veterans with one refresh a day for a month.

Just seems like a missed opportunity is all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    You have time. Lots of it. Nothing crazy will happen if every person in the galaxy doesn't get her the first time around.

Speaking only for myself, the frustration is that I did all the things a reasonable person can expect to do in order to get her. I spent all 120 energy you get in a day and at least one refresh per day since they came out, but I still need several hundred shards even if I bought the pack. This included 3 double drop days in which I used saved crystals to get the maximum refreshes.

So I did the work and I’m motivated to buy, but spending won’t get it so... Why bother? It just seems like this event could have been handled better and generated more revenue.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The those cheaper packs Are coming closer or during the event.
  • As for me - i was expecting 2 packs containing 80 shards @ 20€ per pack as it was with CLS.

However seems i’ll be able to complete both vets 2 days before event completion
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah, I hear what you’re saying. It just feels like they’re leaving money on the table.

I was 100% prepared to buy a Veteran pack (expected it to be two packs $10 for 40 shards, one pack at $30 with 50 each is comparable) but looking at the math it’s simply impossible for me to get 7* for both even with the pack.

So... I’m just not. Like, I want the character and I’m willing to pay, but since paying still won’t get me it in time, I’ll just relax and finish the Veterans with one refresh a day for a month.

Just seems like a missed opportunity is all.

This is just about exactly where I'm at with all this.
  • @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP can you plz let community know what gear new Rey need? Just cant wat to use her and prepare what gear needed.
  • Carbantis.
  • She is not as game changing as CLS in any way. So just take the L and get her next time. Too much whining. Plan better next time. For me just adding bb8 7 to my resistance is game changing for me so I'm happy. She'll be back bois
  • Probably more than GK.....5,000 carbantis
  • She's a tank, so Carbanti, Stun guns and eyeballs are a given.

• You're correct on the toons being available for months ahead of time but wrong for the other legendary events as we weren't given any help whatsoever. If I recall correctly, never was there a time where CG gave us double drops specifically for us to farm the Rebels for Palpatine, or double drops to specifically farm Jedi for Yoda. Yes we got double drops for Phoenix but (if I remember correctly which I probably don't) the double drops weren't specifically for Phoenix Squadron but was just a general broad double drops. I'm saying we have gotten double drops SPECIFICALLY for the toons needed to earn Rey (Jedi Training) and thats more help than we have gotten for the other Legendary events.

There were like 10+ Jedi available at the launch of swgoh. There were plenty of opportunities to get a squad of Jedi. Rebels were very in meta and available since launch. If you didn’t have them for palpatine that was because you chose not to farm them. Phoenix were also available to farm for quite some time before thrawn. Though in respect for that the entire squad was released not too long before thrawn event and there wasn’t much notice that they would be needed for anything, let alone a legendary event. Literally to make up for the short notice they gave us for this. With the fact that vets have only been available for 2 weeks. It isn’t a question of “how much help do you need” but more like. Either give us non stop double drops for vets until event. Or this is a pretty clear money grab.

TLDR; all of those other legendary events had an opportunity to have farmed those characters if you chose to keep up with them. The only way to have the vets in time is through $$$$$. That’s the difference
  • Carbontis. And some more carbontis. Then some eyeballs. And more carbontis.
  • It would be nice if the devs put out a newsletter as soon as any new toons are introduced letting us know said toons will be required at a certain level for a future legendary event.
    I didn't focus my farming attention on the veteran scoundrels because I figured they were just new toons similar to the new (useless) ewoks or the nightsisters.
    At least the new nightsisters make that faction really awesome now. In fact, that's where my farming attention has been and my zeta Talzin lead, Ventress, Talia, Daka and Zombie squad is now my best offensive squad.
    Anyway, a heads up from the devs on New toons being required for certain future events would really help everyone. Please consider a newsletter for future toon releases, thanks
  • She is not as game changing as CLS in any way. So just take the L and get her next time. Too much whining. Plan better next time. For me just adding bb8 7 to my resistance is game changing for me so I'm happy. She'll be back bois

Yes , Rey's event should come around again 7 or 8 months from now...maybe
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Veritasum wrote: »
    You have time. Lots of it. Nothing crazy will happen if every person in the galaxy doesn't get her the first time around.

Speaking only for myself, the frustration is that I did all the things a reasonable person can expect to do in order to get her. I spent all 120 energy you get in a day and at least one refresh per day since they came out, but I still need several hundred shards even if I bought the pack. This included 3 double drop days in which I used saved crystals to get the maximum refreshes.

So I did the work and I’m motivated to buy, but spending won’t get it so... Why bother? It just seems like this event could have been handled better and generated more revenue.

This is a nice tool that could have helped you plan: swgoh.life/panic.html

You would have had to be doing at least 3 refreshes a day and purchasing some shipments to get close to buying the pack getting you across the finish line. I was able to do that all for free as I've been hoarding crystals gained from scoring high in both arenas, but yes, I can understand that is difficult to do for many.

The interesting thing I've seen so far is that they don't have a secondary pack for crystals to get you 5 - 330 shards. It would seem that that would surely generate more revenue for those that aren't in farming range.