Content Update 12/6/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Once the movie is dropped, you will see her true kit and what she needs. They can’t release anything yet because it’s gonna change. This movie has had so much misinformation put out by the actors, the toy releases, the director himself, and Disney. They won’t even release the novel until March 4, 2018. Don’t read into the Rey that is on BF2 either.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    I am have been hoarding for a new hero, maybe this is the one to spend gear on!? We will see. If you're only starting to set aside now, good luck to you.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • I'll most likely get her, bring her to G12 but never use her. Still can't see her utility across different game modes
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Probably similar to General Kenobi's gear requirements.

Good luck.

lastjedi2.gif
  • She is not as game changing as CLS in any way. So just take the L and get her next time. Too much whining. Plan better next time. For me just adding bb8 7 to my resistance is game changing for me so I'm happy. She'll be back bois

Not all criticism is whining.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The real issue is both vets being placed in the cantina at 16 energy. This is what blindsided me and is the cause for me not getting Rey. I did everything I could within reason(hoarding 20000 crystals is not reasonable by my standards. if it is by yours, that's ok).
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    I’d been saving carbanti (only managed to get just over 200) and had to spend 100 to get Kylo up a level for the bb8 event. More hoarding required for me now that’s done.
  • A few spending a lot is more valuable than a lot spending a little.

Crystals are where the money is. If packs were friendlier, yes, they'd gain a little more from the masses but the option would also be more appealing than crystals to big spenders which is a no no.
  • HumbleSage
    65 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    ...because I STILL need tons of vHan and vChewie shards... :smiley:
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • NicWester wrote: »
    She is not as game changing as CLS in any way. So just take the L and get her next time. Too much whining. Plan better next time. For me just adding bb8 7 to my resistance is game changing for me so I'm happy. She'll be back bois

Not all criticism is whining.

And you claim you are not a troll, I never claimed all criticism is whining. Asking for handout packs, and complaining that this and that is unfair, is not constructive criticism. And don't try to say telling them you would have bought this pack or that pack is constructive criticism. They know how to maximize their purchases. The other guy who called you a troll was right, Nic. Your post added 0 to the conversation.
  • Dretzle hands you an awesome tool to help you get what you want and your response is to @me with your garbage.
  • Double drops should include First Order, just sayin.
  • +1 makes sense
  • sterv78 wrote: »
    Double drops should include First Order, just sayin.

Already had them for first order. Didn't get it again for empire for luke event
  • They should have done triple drops I want everything to be handed to me on a silver platter
  • Yeah, and they should have just given us the vets for logging in too. Shoot, Why do we even need them, ea should have just given us jit rey. Why not? It’s so much better to get everything for free then actually having to work for it, ammiright?
  • In fairness the whole "plan better next time" thing is getting very tiresome, especially when it's always applied in isolation and often in situations that involve guesswork/assumptions.

Personally I put in no special effort for the vets as my plan was always to get them second time, but as old as some of the complaints are I do feel a bit for those who tried their hardest and fell short just because of limited time and resources.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    There should be global double drops until 2019, just sayin...

JNhU5Tt.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah, I hear what you’re saying. It just feels like they’re leaving money on the table.

I was 100% prepared to buy a Veteran pack (expected it to be two packs $10 for 40 shards, one pack at $30 with 50 each is comparable) but looking at the math it’s simply impossible for me to get 7* for both even with the pack.

So... I’m just not. Like, I want the character and I’m willing to pay, but since paying still won’t get me it in time, I’ll just relax and finish the Veterans with one refresh a day for a month.

Just seems like a missed opportunity is all.

You can buy $50 worth of crystals which will buy 92 shards direct from shipments. Or 10 days of 5x cantina refreshes (which, if you include double drops today and tomorrow works out to about 120 shards... could be higher if you had started a couple of days before double drops pre-saving energy)...
  • Dretzle hands you an awesome tool to help you get what you want and your response is to @me with your garbage.

Dretzle also pointed out that per that tool it was a practical impossibility for most players
  • skywhopper
    450 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I had been saving gear for GK, but now I'm hoarding for Rey. I've got plenty of carbanti, cuffs, and a handful of stun guns. I've got eyeballs, I've got those MkIV Chedak things, I've got laptops, and sewer lids. I've got furnaces, droid callers, scanners, and the round things. Every single non-g12 empty gear slot on all my toons has a green plus right now. I have all the mats saved. I am as ready as it is possible to be. I look forward to finding out I need 600 of something to get her to g9... thank you CG! May I have another??
    Post edited by skywhopper on
  • Be thankful they're giving us a few days of double drops. They still need to be able to incentivize purchases for Rey's event. Can't have it both ways.
  • It should be always double drops everywhere all the time. Maybe you then it’d only take 2 weeks to gear up one character
  • Hence the saying, “give someone an inch, and they’ll take a mile”. Greedy humans.
  • Buffbeardo wrote: »
    Hence the saying, “give someone an inch, and they’ll take a mile”. Greedy humans.

People that play SWGOH aren't human :o
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Dretzle wrote: »

This is a nice tool that could have helped you plan: swgoh.life/panic.html

@Dretzle
    Awesome! Thank you! It's telling me DON'T PANIC. :D

---

Shards Needed:
    75 shards needed for Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca.
    75 shards needed for Veteran Smuggler Han Solo.
    150 total shards needed.

Farming Required:
    The event ends in 14 days. You need to farm 11.6 shards per day.

You need to do 4 cantina refreshes every day and purchase 0 shipments (4 shards for 320 crystals) each day.

This will require 500 crystals per day. 6500 crystals total.

DON'T PANIC
  • I am completely f2p and i have a chance of getting her, doing 3 refreshes a day on vets since they put them into cantina. yes im lucky to be top 50, sometimes top 20 in arena, and always top 5 sometimes even 1st in fleets, i need 95 shards for 7* han and 146 more shards to 7* chewie, have some crystals in reserve to buy some shipments before end of the event, or possible the pack and yeah its hard to get her, but its is possible. Pack is fairly cheap compared to the packs in past, wont be happy if i will have to buy it to get her.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah, I hear what you’re saying. It just feels like they’re leaving money on the table.

I was 100% prepared to buy a Veteran pack (expected it to be two packs $10 for 40 shards, one pack at $30 with 50 each is comparable) but looking at the math it’s simply impossible for me to get 7* for both even with the pack.

So... I’m just not. Like, I want the character and I’m willing to pay, but since paying still won’t get me it in time, I’ll just relax and finish the Veterans with one refresh a day for a month.

Just seems like a missed opportunity is all.

You can buy $50 worth of crystals which will buy 92 shards direct from shipments. Or 10 days of 5x cantina refreshes (which, if you include double drops today and tomorrow works out to about 120 shards... could be higher if you had started a couple of days before double drops pre-saving energy)...

My company’s moving to Georgia at the end of the year, and I won’t be caught dead in the south. Next job won’t start until mid-January, so I can totally justify $30, but not $80 :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • You guys trolling (you know which one's you are), need to get lives. Seriously, it's why I rarely post anymore. You make forums completely unhelpful. There is nothing wrong with wishing DD's would last longer, there's nothing free about it and nothing unreasonable.
    TVF wrote: »
    There should be global double drops until 2019, just sayin...

JNhU5Tt.gif

This is ...HILARIOUS. :smile:

- HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    HumbleSage wrote: »
    You guys trolling (you know which one's you are), need to get lives. Seriously, it's why I rarely post anymore. You make forums completely unhelpful. There is nothing wrong with wishing DD's would last longer, there's nothing free about it and nothing unreasonable.

Does agreeing make it more helpful? I think people that don't mind putting in the effort are tired of people that think everyone should get the same. That's just not true. Paying players absolutely should get more access to stuff. Do you walk into a store and expect to leave with a TV that you didn't buy? That's called stealing. Everything in this game is F2P, you just might have to wait longer. Best Buy is never going to give you that TV.

Double drops are awesome and the fact that they are rare makes me appreciate them even more. If they happened all the time or for long periods of time they would lose their special feeling. I am glad we get what we get when we get it. Could be worse, they could just flat sell you characters and never, eevvvvverrrrr, make them a long free grind.

And let's be honest about this game, without the grind there is no game. This game is about collecting. If you just had everything you'd have no reason to play.