With this update to Galaxy of Heroes we introduce our newest event type: Mythic Events. Frequently requested by players, a Mythic Event is a way to replay a previously completed Legendary Event! Mythic Events are max-level content that will only appear once you’ve completed the Legendary version first. Once the Legendary version is completed, the Mythic Event will unlock immediately and become available to play as long as it is still running. Here are the details:
- Mythic Events share the same name and theme of their Legendary cousins, but have altered content. The first Mythic Event will be Pieces and Plans (BB-8). Future content updates will add new Mythic Events over time.
- Mythic Events will run over the weekend during which the Legendary is live. So if you have completed the Legendary BB8 Event Pieces and Plans you will see the Pieces and Plans Mythic Event on this coming weekend of December 9th. If you haven’t yet unlocked BB-8, but manage to do so before the end of the weekend, you will still be eligible to participate in the Mythic version.
There are 3 tiers in each Mythic Event:
- Tier 1 Is the same content as the final tier of the Legendary Event, including all cutscenes, dialog, and squad requirements. As a bonus, once this tier has been completed with a 3-Star victory, it can be simmed (no more waiting through cutscenes and dialog if you do not want to!).
- Tier 2 Is the same battle as Tier 1, but removes all cutscenes, dialog, and squad requirements. Ever wanted to see how the Empire would fare fighting the Resistance in Pieces and Plans? Then the 2nd tier of Mythic Events is for you!
- Tier 3 “Flips the script” and tasks you with forming a squad based using the Event’s Legendary character and their allies to fight the faction you used to unlock them. For Pieces and Plans, this means forming a squad of Resistance with BB-8 included and battling the First Order in the ruins of Maz’s castle. Mythic Event 3rd tiers are extremely challenging, and gear 11+ and powerful mods are highly recommended.
Each Tier will provide mods as rewards. The mods will be guaranteed 5-dot, and B-A Rarity (Purple – Gold). Mods will match the sets from mod challenge requirements which are thematically tied to the event. In the case of Pieces and Plans, which uses Resistance and First Order, the mod sets will be Speed and Offense.
Additionally, to reward the extreme challenge of Tier 3, limited Gear 12 equipment salvage will be earned. We hope you enjoy the new Mythic Events!