Mythic Event [MERGE]

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    My Resistance were g11, decent mods but not the absolute best, Poe the fastest with 242.

Took me 12 goes where I almost never got a turn.
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Officially, I believe there was a specific mention in the update notes that these tiers would be insanely difficult. Personally, I think it’s likely to require the absolute maxed gear and mods and still even then several attempts of a good RNG start-off.

EDIT: True end-game content

It’s a trash move. It’s not even remotely setup to be a fair challenge. Garbage, RNG based gameplay at its finest.
  • So bb8 can use his special after 1 turn. fail fail fail
  • Poe g12, others g11. Finished it first try. Pilot got sacrificed.
  • This is end game content guys...
    Not supposed to be done by everybody...

My resistance team is g11 with good mods and I'm getting slaughtered.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Officially, I believe there was a specific mention in the update notes that these tiers would be insanely difficult. Personally, I think it’s likely to require the absolute maxed gear and mods and still even then several attempts of a good RNG start-off.

It’s a trash move. It’s not even remotely setup to be a fair challenge. Garbage, RNG based gameplay at its finest.

I don’t think that’s objectively fair, but your opinion is your own. There was no false advertisement in regards to the difficulty. This content is purely an -optional- event for high-end players that have FAR surpassed the original legendary event, giving an opportunity to challenge themselves or at least not be bored between events by participating.

In a way, I see this as a replacement for issues people had with an easier galactic war - use this as a means of challenging yourself, experimenting with different mods.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    PoederAmon
    Well it'll be a while before I get them to that level.
    Congrats though.
  • I used r2 to give finn foresight. FOTP immediatedly shoots through him.

This makes sense!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

I don’t think that’s objectively fair, but your opinion is your own. There was no false advertisement in regards to the difficulty. This content is purely an -optional- event for high-end players that have FAR surpassed the original legendary event, giving an opportunity to challenge themselves or at least not be bored between events by participating.

In a way, I see this as a replacement for issues people had with an easier galactic war - use this as a means of challenging yourself, experimenting with different mods.

I agree with this. But again I think only on this one mythic event. Without the expose mechanic no one would be beating it.

Phoenix, Jedi, Rebels (well maybe rebels) Empire teams (meh maybe troopers) will not have the expose mechanic to fall back on they will get wrecked. But maybe they will be tested and adjusted.

I'm just happy to have the events. Thanks devs
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I wish my First Order team could perform like that.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I wish my First Order team could perform like that.

Me too, and my to team is level 85. theirs is 80 and they are amazing. They must be on that starwars space dust.
  • r2 is g12 and all other resistance are g11 and i cant do it
    great event...thx :(
  • Fauztin wrote: »

Okay, here’s an objectively fair statement: They start with 100% turn meter, then regain it instantly on assists until the AI gets bored. It is heavily dependent on RNG, not player skill.

Here is a subjective statement: I’m betting a lot of high end players, myself included, are not impressed, or pleased. RNG is not fun.
  • Agreed. Bad job, CG. Bad job.
  • Agreed. Bad job, CG. Bad job.

applause to cg, they are on a roll with angering their players
  • took Poe to 270 speed and died before get his turn
  • It is just another insult
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Or maybe your gear 10 Finn, gear 8 R2, gear 9 Poe, gear 10 Trooper and gear 6 BB8... need more gear? Nah... let's just say its unfair.

https://swgoh.gg/u/trollsbane/
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Beat it first go the second time around.

Doubt I'll be this lucky in other legendary events. Not all squads are up where Resistance is for me.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member

Okay, here’s an objectively fair statement: They start with 100% turn meter, then regain it instantly on assists until the AI gets bored. It is heavily dependent on RNG, not player skill.

Here is a subjective statement: I’m betting a lot of high end players, myself included, are not impressed, or pleased. RNG is not fun.

But it is a core part of the game that we’ve all accepted in some form or another - from refilling GW to get the right formula, to picking our targets in arena assuming worst-case RNG basis, all the way to farming hard mode shards and running events over and over until we find the right strategy with the right random start :smiley:

RNG downside to a pretty amazing game. At least for me, I’m content knowing how it works. I’m FTP, I am entitled to nothing. For PTP, still entitled to nothing, unless there’s a bug. The gambling risks of RNG are usually pretty clear.
  • On t3 the Fo team got 31 attacks,killed 4 of my team before I got a turn...
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Did FOTP use his basic and attack twice?
  • I really hate being set up to fail.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    I found the event easy, my bb8 is only g8 but the rest were g11.
  • I do want to clarify, that I love the rewards. Also love how interesting the event is in its entirety, but the last round was so disgusting and annoying that I really don't ever want to play it again.
  • It gets better: the forrsight icon was still after FOTP attacked, but his health went from green to red.
    Like i said, it makes a lot if sense
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    I should have figured out that it is always steps backwards also. I’ll just take my 260+ speed toons and go home.

Utterly ridiculous.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member

This. I couldn't agree more. I love a challenge but this isn't it. It doesn't rely on how your team is geared or modded, it just depends on if you can land an expose and keep the exposes active when you finally get to take an action.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    You think this is bad just wait until Empire when tier 3 is CLS/R2/Han/Wiggs or Yoda mythic against GK/BO

At least you know what you get with FO. Rebels could throw just about anything at you on tier 3.
This discussion has been closed.