Mythic Event [MERGE]

Replies

• I have a pretty decent Resistance team, they're GXI, mostly... But there just isn't enough strategy or planning possible to compete with a team that, if RNG dictates, could obliterate a couple of your characters before you can even move.

The good thing is that you can still very easily complete it with the Resistance Trinity of Poe, Finn, and RT and a reasonable avoidance of really bad luck. I guess if you take all that into consideration, it's kinda "balanced"?
  • Gonna be hated on what I am about to say, but I don't even think its that hard... Did it on first try without loosing a toon and without using my arena mods even... Figure...

https://swgoh.gg/u/ivayloamudzhev/
  • This is end game content guys...
    Not supposed to be done by everybody...

This ^^

Took me a few tries and my resistance is all g12 except BB8. I have fast potency mods also. If you're not at least g1, maxed abilities and good mods you should not be complaining.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Out of curiosity, who got speed mods?

Mine were 10/10 offence mods.
  • Naw wrote: »
    I should have figured out that it is always steps backwards also. I’ll just take my 260+ speed toons and go home.

Utterly ridiculous.

Lol it's possible. I did it twice with mine somehow. Once with rey and another with trooper.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Officially, I believe there was a specific mention in the update notes that these tiers would be insanely difficult. Personally, I think it’s likely to require the absolute maxed gear and mods and still even then several attempts of a good RNG start-off.

EDIT: True end-game content

It’s a trash move. It’s not even remotely setup to be a fair challenge. Garbage, RNG based gameplay at its finest.

I don’t think that’s objectively fair, but your opinion is your own. There was no false advertisement in regards to the difficulty. This content is purely an -optional- event for high-end players that have FAR surpassed the original legendary event, giving an opportunity to challenge themselves or at least not be bored between events by participating.

In a way, I see this as a replacement for issues people had with an easier galactic war - use this as a means of challenging yourself, experimenting with different mods.

Okay, here’s an objectively fair statement: They start with 100% turn meter, then regain it instantly on assists until the AI gets bored. It is heavily dependent on RNG, not player skill.

Here is a subjective statement: I’m betting a lot of high end players, myself included, are not impressed, or pleased. RNG is not fun.

This. I couldn't agree more. I love a challenge but this isn't it. It doesn't rely on how your team is geared or modded, it just depends on if you can land an expose and keep the exposes active when you finally get to take an action.

Resistance is rng guys. You love a challenge but you can't win? So known it's a joke?

I beat it, twice, but there was not strategy to it. It was nothing more than rolling dice until I rolled box cars. It's pure RNG which, in my opinion, is pure c rap
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I’m not seeing any ability functions that would re-apply foresight to a character after being hit. Only Finn’s leader ability seems to have effects upon an ally losing foresight, then applying Advantage.

The only unavoidable attacks from FO I’m seeing is from Kyle Ren (Unmasked), his Halt Ability. However, this does not call for a possible assist from FOTP.

Quite possibly a bug.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I wouldn't mind it as much if we were able to access the Options and retreat back out if someone important dies...

I've always wondered why we couldn't just pause and access the options at any time, not just our character's turn... Kinda odd that's never really been addressed.
  • Did it on my second try and my resistance is rather weak (except for R2). Went in with zFinn (g8), Poe (g8), RT (g8), BB8 (g8) and R2D2 (g12).

My R2 has 245 speed and 70k combined health and protection, so my strategy was for R2 to use smoke screen to sacrifice himself. Once they had pulverised R2, Poe finally got his turn. And that was it. Once Poe goes, the rest is just the usual resistance strategy.
  • The last tier of BB8 was the same, they start with 100% TM then BB8 gets off destiny and they go again. The difference is FO assist but It's meant to be hard it's a mythic event, it gives you something to work towards.
  • I got zetas on rey and finn. But i cant get 1 move
  • No complaints from me. It was put out that this was going to be hard to beat. I was just surprised.
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Trollsbane wrote: »
    It’s a trash move. It’s not even remotely setup to be a fair challenge. Garbage, RNG based gameplay at its finest.

Or maybe your gear 10 Finn, gear 8 R2, gear 9 Poe, gear 10 Trooper and gear 6 BB8... need more gear? Nah... let's just say its unfair.

https://swgoh.gg/u/trollsbane/

So you can look up profiles. Good for you. Didn’t notice the 244 speed mods on Poe? The 220 speed mods on zFinn? The 220 speed mods I had on Rey? The mods I had on Trooper? Wasn’t looking to 3-Star it. But, when a 244 speed character DOESN’T GET A MOVE, that doesn’t equate to fair. Especially when the other tiers are more than fair. Link your profile to someone who cares about you getting to stroke your e-peen.
  • I wouldn't mind it as much if we were able to access the Options and retreat back out if someone important dies...

I've always wondered why we couldn't just pause and access the options at any time, not just our character's turn... Kinda odd that's never really been addressed.

Bcuz it's more fun to scream NO NO NOOO!!! at your screen as you watch your entire team die! Haha (no it's not) lol
  • Just speed isn't going to matter. It says in the event description that they recommend high gear lvls with high mods.
  • KenLi wrote: »
    Woooo. The FO is insanely fast. I average 2 turns per battle attempt. Lol

Zero.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member

Or maybe your gear 10 Finn, gear 8 R2, gear 9 Poe, gear 10 Trooper and gear 6 BB8... need more gear? Nah... let's just say its unfair.

So you can look up profiles. Good for you. Didn’t notice the 244 speed mods on Poe? The 220 speed mods on zFinn? The 220 speed mods I had on Rey? The mods I had on Trooper? Wasn’t looking to 3-Star it. But, when a 244 speed character DOESN’T GET A MOVE, that doesn’t equate to fair. Especially when the other tiers are more than fair. Link your profile to someone who cares about you getting to stroke your e-peen.

Dude, your sarcasm is quickly losing its charm. People are just trying to provide evidence from their experience to help others with their own. His reference of your gear and mods puts your situation into perspective.

*speed is not the sole contributor to having good stats on toons.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Insanely difficult! How much speed do the FO have? 400?
    After surviving their 100 attacks with multiple unreal assists (that I can never see in my FO), then my Z Risistance get the control and they did not attack anymore.....
    3 zeta materials are ok for this shock...
    Just speed isn't going to matter. It says in the event description that they recommend high gear lvls with high mods.

G9-10 was good enough for the other tiers. The pre-loaded TM is the problem.
  • Insanely difficult! How much speed do the FO have? 400?
    After surviving their 100 attacks with multiple unreal assists (that I can never see in my FO), then my Z Risistance get the control and they did not attack anymore.....
    3 zeta materials are ok for this shock...
  • zfin 11 poe 11 r2(z) 12 rey 11 bb 9.
    manage to kill stormtrooper and half of officer health;)

switching mods dont help
  • Each tier is different. What was good enough in the others has no bearing on tier 3
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind it as much if we were able to access the Options and retreat back out if someone important dies...

Bcuz it's more fun to scream NO NO NOOO!!! at your screen as you watch your entire team die! Haha (no it's not) lol

Hahaha... the times I’ve had to panic-force-close the app when GW was a nightmare...
  • If you don't have what it highly recommends right on the description I have no idea why you are complaining about it being unfair..... I have a full G11 resistance squad with big speed sets and lost a couple times. I personally love that, and enjoy the addition of content for more veteran players. Rewards are great and I look forward to future Mystic Events.
    Each tier is different. What was good enough in the others has no bearing on tier 3

Again, the pre-loaded TM is complete ****.
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I understand your opinion.
  • Snooze135 wrote: »
    If you don't have what it highly recommends right on the description I have no idea why you are complaining about it being unfair..... I have a full G11 resistance squad with big speed sets and lost a couple times. I personally love that, and enjoy the addition of content for more veteran players. Rewards are great and I look forward to future Mystic Events.

+1
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Bottom line ego stroking aside. There is only one way to beat this.

1) Massive health pool
    2) Zfinn
    3) hit your exposes
    4) make sure your RT is speed modded to go first after expose to dispel FOST taunt
    5) take a few more hits after the taunt dispel
    6) ride expose train to victory

Long as the expose hits health pool armor etc more important than speed although again I was at 260 on poe

It' just luck honestly it sucks doing the mission 25 times but sooner or later it will work out for the one's having trouble as long as your health pool allows you to survive the opening helter skelter

• Whazn wrote: »
    I found the event easy, my bb8 is only g8 but the rest were g11.

It’s not easy but it’s doable. You need G11 toons if you don’t want to spend too much time on it though. My Res toons are and it took 5 or 6 retries with a 220 speed G11 Poe and and G8 BB8. Poe was in the red when my first turn came but, from there, it was game over, the FO team never got a turn.

It’s very similar to the TW prelude battle in terms of difficulty and, most probably, the blueprint for future bonus battles.
  • Well I have GXI ZFinn, GXII BB-8, GXI Rey, GXII R2-D2. Can't kill anyone :)
This discussion has been closed.