Mythic Event [MERGE]

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    KenLi wrote: »
    Each tier is different. What was good enough in the others has no bearing on tier 3

Again, the pre-loaded TM is complete kittens.

Fixed for you.

Then get some good health and defense mods
    To be able to survive the barrage until you get to go. Don’t know what else to tell you, bud.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • KenLi wrote: »
    Each tier is different. What was good enough in the others has no bearing on tier 3

Again, the pre-loaded TM is complete ****.

If the tm was not pre loaded this would have been the easiest event in the world because our resistance squads would have walked right through them without them getting a turn.... That was not the point of the event and it is supposed to be very hard. If you have the recommended gear levels it puts your key toons at a critical health point and you have to make good moves to salvage the win.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I still think the issue we should be talking about is how to deal with the future events that don't have an expose cheese mechanic.... will be doomsday lol
  • Snooze135 wrote: »
    If you don't have what it highly recommends right on the description I have no idea why you are complaining about it being unfair..... I have a full G11 resistance squad with big speed sets and lost a couple times. I personally love that, and enjoy the addition of content for more veteran players. Rewards are great and I look forward to future Mystic Events.

Fair. Let’s also look at what else it says, though. Did you see any ‘careful strategy’ under all the pre-loaded TM and RNG?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Zagrey wrote: »
    zfin 11 poe 11 r2(z) 12 rey 11 bb 9.
    manage to kill stormtrooper and half of officer health;)

switching mods dont help

I would dispel the stormtrooper with RT then get on FOTP asap that double tap.... like Clubber lang says "paiiin"

On a different note after completing this event and drooling at rewards after 2 clears each I went and did ground war and was like meh on rewards ;);) ... lol
  • So firstly I have to state that it was a massive surprise to see my resistance get flattened so quickly on my first try at it. But on my second try I got through... After a good fight.

So why do I welcome these mythic events even with their tough difficulty level?

Firstly... For those of us who managed to 7* a character like BB8 this now gives us a chance to do the event, and get rewards for doing it, when otherwise we would have had nothing.

Secondly... It is called mythic and really should be 'end game' content for well modded and geared teams.

Thirdly... If they are recurring (and for all characters like BB8, Yoda, Palpi, Thrawn etc) then we all get something from it regularly and not just those who haven't got to 7* yet.

To me this feels like the devs are understanding that players are looking for an acknowledgment that they have got to the top end of the game and yet don't want to make it feel too easy. Good job as far as I can tell.
  • Rng based event for sure. Got destroyed in first attempt was about to drop it. Then guild mate said he did 3 star first attempt and his team is worse than mine. Used zfinn trooper pilot poe and bb8 all gear between 9 and 11 with bad mods except poe witch borrow arena mods. Loaded event and retreated until I got a result where all was dmg and low in health but still standing. That was game over for FO they never got a turn again.
  • Snooze135 wrote: »
    If you don't have what it highly recommends right on the description I have no idea why you are complaining about it being unfair..... I have a full G11 resistance squad with big speed sets and lost a couple times. I personally love that, and enjoy the addition of content for more veteran players. Rewards are great and I look forward to future Mystic Events.

Fair. Let’s also look at what else it says, though. Did you see any ‘careful strategy’ under all the pre-loaded TM and RNG?

The strategy they are referring to is what it took for you to get the win after your key characters were knocked very low on health. You had to find a way to gain the tm advantage in your favour and utilise BB8's illuminated destiny to recover and ultimately win. This is a mystic event for BB8 and I'd say this event shows how BB8 should function in a resistance squad even better than his actual event did. Had there been no tm pre-load there would have been no strategy at all and everyone would beat the event with ease. That I would not be happy with.
  • Very well said- +1
  • The devs have just found a way to make it challenging for everyone, even if you have god tier modules. Speed is irrelevant here, stop mentioning your speed levels, the opposing team starts with full TM gauge, that’s hiw it’s designed and part of the challenge.
  • LOL the panic close was real. Also was epic when your Kylo Ren escape didn't work and you saw the enrage message in HAAT. Good times.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    +1, I agree completely.

I’d like to add though, that the introduction of mythic events is not PURELY for the highest level of players for end-game content. A lot of people are far beyond Emp and Yoda (mid-game to me), but still struggle with R2, BB8, or Thrawn (closer to end-game for me). Mythic Yoda I imagine will be much different than mythic BB8, easier for players that have access to super gear those required characters.
  • Didn’t take that long with my g8/g9 team. Took a few starts to get Poe a turn without anyone dead. Then Poe, r2 burn, repeat.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    The devs have just found a way to make it challenging for everyone, even if you have god tier modules. Speed is irrelevant here, stop mentioning your speed levels, the opposing team starts with full TM gauge, that’s hiw it’s designed and part of the challenge.

1. Don't tell me what to do.
    2. Speed isn't irrelevant here or anywhere
  • The game is laced with irony. Biggs and Wedge being the go to guys for ground wars in Arena when they are pilots. Emperor Palpatine pretty much being acknowledged by lore to be the baddest Sith ever is a push over. The iconic villain of the big screen and still top 10 baddies of all time, Darth Vader, is weak with a poor build and his Tie is terrible even though he is the best pilot in the franchise. Gen Grev in Raid is awesome and players get a watered down version to play. Holo table or not there are things within the franchise that should not be messed with. I hope reworks for all the characters is in the mix soon to make every character useful, otherwise I have a whole shelf of Shaman and Paladins with no raid utility and zero reason to ever open or gear them.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    The devs have just found a way to make it challenging for everyone, even if you have god tier modules. Speed is irrelevant here, stop mentioning your speed levels, the opposing team starts with full TM gauge, that’s hiw it’s designed and part of the challenge.

1. Don't tell me what to do.
    2. Speed isn't irrelevant here or anywhere
    1. I do. Deal with it
    2. Learn to play with your tools
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Is anyone else having this problem? I've played any number of battles, but I haven't had a 2x loot drop a single time.

Flynn, I think only Rey, Finn, Vet Han and Vet Chewie nodes are double drop this go around. Nothing else.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    :cry:
  • It was a fun event and for once speed wasn’t a deciding factor for success which must be a good thing.

Given it is a mythic event i would liked to have seen a bigger challenge from tier 2 especially.
  • I'm glad it's not easy. Yes there's RNG but we all know this by now. Minimise the impact of rng with as best you can with the right teams and mods and a bit of perseverance.
  • CuzzoCuhnobi
    205 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I beat them all on the first try, twice in a row. Learn to play with my tools?? Ok LOL the discussion here is the preloaded TM is ANNOYING and not challenging. Just like you and your argument.
    @Globuhl
  • My Poe is g11, but only225 speed and it took around 6-7 resets before I got decent rng and 3 starred it.
    It can be repeated once for free for decent rewards, then it costs crystals to refresh.

I found it better to not use smoke screen. It spreads the damage around and allowed r2 to stun more. Once a few are stunned, it’s easy.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I look forward to the day when I can participate. The struggle, Fauztin, with some of the content is not getting the required characters, it’s getting enough credits to level ALL the characters and their mods to participate fast enough! Coming into this game now, with all the requirements to obtain characters, is very difficult. I feel bad for those just starting.

I’ve played a year and have been lucky to hold 400 in Arena and top 40 in Space. But on some of the older shards, man I really feel for you guys.

What I take away from good posts like this is strategy. I look at what you did and compare to others and apply it when it’s my turn. Generally, I get what I am after fairly easy because you folks write about your experience. My take away from this is ZFinn with heavy Prot and Speed mods on all toons maybe higher tenacity as well.
  • +1 love mythic events
  • Level 80 though??? that is just unrealistic. at least show a true representation of what we are up against .
  • Fik
    41 posts Member

There is no other way how to make it challenging against resistance team. If resistance gets to go first then that's it.. no challenge.. So preloading TM for the other team is the solution here. If you have high enough gear(G11+) your team survives the initial salvo(after several tries for good rng) and then you can take control of the battle.
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Fauztin wrote: »

Again, the pre-loaded TM is complete kittens.

Fixed for you.

Then get some good health and defense mods
    To be able to survive the barrage until you get to go. Don’t know what else to tell you, bud.

I have some I’ll have to move around, but I’ll give that a shot, too. Not trying to be a **** about it, but that mechanic just feels arbitrarily difficult for no other reason than to be arbitrarily difficult. The rewards really aren’t different enough to warrant it. If it’s to make you ‘earn’ those G12 pieces, what’s the point, if they’re gonna require a G12 team to get there?
  • Would tenacity secondary help or just heavy prot and health?
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I agree, I’m currently dealing with that issue with my FO team. I have the stars required for the Tier 7 BB-8 Event, but two of my guys are sitting at level 75, and still need the credits to pay for switching my best mods over to them.

Going on two years myself, and the credit crunch is as real as ever, lol. Let alone the waves of panic-farming whenever new content is released. I’ve come to accept I’ll be at least 1-2 steps behind the curve. I’ll be grateful if I’m able to to get CLS the next time he comes around.

*I usually waver between the 200-400 arena rank running DN lead Sith team, about rank 40 in fleets as well. I used to be #2-7 when it first came out, then I focused on toons for a while. Having all GW toons and most of the fleet shipment exclusives maxed helps me turn attention tonships without sacrificing progress on toon factions though.
  • Fik wrote: »

There is no other way how to make it challenging against resistance team. If resistance gets to go first then that's it.. no challenge.. So preloading TM for the other team is the solution here. If you have high enough gear(G11+) your team survives the initial salvo(after several tries for good rng) and then you can take control of the battle.

The same negation of Resistance advantage could have been accomplished with enhanced tenacity, over having the player get wailed on, until the AI gets bored. But, that’s my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.