Mythic Event Discussion

Prev13
We've just announced our plans for replayable Legendary events, and we call them "Mythic Events". Please use this thread to discuss and leave feedback for the first one: Pieces and Plans Mythic Event.

Mythic Events!
With this update to Galaxy of Heroes we introduce our newest event type: Mythic Events. Frequently requested by players, a Mythic Event is a way to replay a previously completed Legendary Event! Mythic Events are max-level content that will only appear once you’ve completed the Legendary version first. Once the Legendary version is completed, the Mythic Event will unlock immediately and become available to play as long as it is still running. Here are the details:
  • Mythic Events share the same name and theme of their Legendary cousins, but have altered content. The first Mythic Event will be Pieces and Plans (BB-8). Future content updates will add new Mythic Events over time.
  • Mythic Events will run over the weekend during which the Legendary is live. So if you have completed the Legendary BB8 Event Pieces and Plans you will see the Pieces and Plans Mythic Event on this coming weekend of December 9th. If you haven’t yet unlocked BB-8, but manage to do so before the end of the weekend, you will still be eligible to participate in the Mythic version.

There are 3 tiers in each Mythic Event:
  • Tier 1 Is the same content as the final tier of the Legendary Event, including all cutscenes, dialog, and squad requirements. As a bonus, once this tier has been completed with a 3-Star victory, it can be simmed (no more waiting through cutscenes and dialog if you do not want to!).
  • Tier 2 Is the same battle as Tier 1, but removes all cutscenes, dialog, and squad requirements. Ever wanted to see how the Empire would fare fighting the Resistance in Pieces and Plans? Then the 2nd tier of Mythic Events is for you!
  • Tier 3 “Flips the script” and tasks you with forming a squad based using the Event’s Legendary character and their allies to fight the faction you used to unlock them. For Pieces and Plans, this means forming a squad of Resistance with BB-8 included and battling the First Order in the ruins of Maz’s castle. Mythic Event 3rd tiers are extremely challenging, and gear 11+ and powerful mods are highly recommended.

Each Tier will provide mods as rewards. The mods will be guaranteed 5-dot, and B-A Rarity (Purple – Gold). Mods will match the sets from mod challenge requirements which are thematically tied to the event. In the case of Pieces and Plans, which uses Resistance and First Order, the mod sets will be Speed and Offense.
Additionally, to reward the extreme challenge of Tier 3, limited Gear 12 equipment salvage will be earned. We hope you enjoy the new Mythic Events!
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• Good morning! Will CLS return as a recurring event this month?
  • @CG_CapGaSP
    Thank you very much for the Mythic Events. Looking forward to trying out the BB8 Mythic Event.
    Can I infer from your post that Mythic Events currently only apply to Legendary Events and is not applicable to Hero's Journey Events?
  • Don't even try. He won't answer, because EA hasn't gave CG command yet :D
  • Heyah there! When CLS event will return to our galaxy?
  • Heyah There! When CLS event will return to our galaxy?
  • Puhnach wrote: »
    Good morning! Will CLS return as a recurring event this month?

If its not on the calendar I can't comment on it. Apologies.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP
    Thank you very much for the Mythic Events. Looking forward to trying out the BB8 Mythic Event.
    Can I infer from your post that Mythic Events currently only apply to Legendary Events and is not applicable to Hero's Journey Events?

For now, only Legendary events will get a Mythic version. I want the word Mythic to conjure the feeling of "familiar, but different" in the player base so that we can possibly do other "Mythic" things in the future. But as for right now the focus is on Legendary events getting the treatment.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP

For now, only Legendary events will get a Mythic version. I want the word Mythic to conjure the feeling of "familiar, but different" in the player base so that we can possibly do other "Mythic" things in the future. But as for right now the focus is on Legendary events getting the treatment.

They better have that snazzy red color like MTG
    Puhnach wrote: »

I understand that you can't comment on events that are not on the calender but can you confirm if CLS event qualifies as recurring.
    Puhnach wrote: »

I understand that you can't comment on events that are not on the calender but can you confirm if CLS event qualifies as recurring.

Highly unlikely, and it has already been confirmed that the mythic events are only applicable to Legendary events at this time, NOT Heroic Journey style events.
  • Mythic Events == super happy fun ball time
    We have not even played it but I already say thank you for this. We have been asking and you are delivering. Kudos.
  • This is awesome. I hope we get the heroic journey mythic event so we can replay CLS. Thanks devs.
  • Can u pls tell us if we will be able play all 3 tiers of mythic event one time each or is it like some other events were u have choose a tier u want to do n once u do tht tier u used ur attempt n dont get a chance at the otjer tier. I think ghost of dathomir is like tht if im not mistaken.
  • Thanks for this events!
    Im gonna try this one for sure! Just waiting for It to start! My resistance team is ready too!
  • Can u pls tell us if we will be able play all 3 tiers of mythic event one time each or is it like some other events were u have choose a tier u want to do n once u do tht tier u used ur attempt n dont get a chance at the otjer tier. I think ghost of dathomir is like tht if im not mistaken.

Action counts are not shared in Mythic events. Each tier is independent, and only T3 can be refreshed.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Can u pls tell us if we will be able play all 3 tiers of mythic event one time each or is it like some other events were u have choose a tier u want to do n once u do tht tier u used ur attempt n dont get a chance at the otjer tier. I think ghost of dathomir is like tht if im not mistaken.

Action counts are not shared in Mythic events. Each tier is independent, and only T3 can be refreshed.

Sweet, thanks for the answer!
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So to clarify and put it all in the same post, the different event types we have are:

- Regular: Credit Heist and Droid Smuggling
    - Omega: Omega mat reward
    - Assault Battles: 8-wave events
    - Marquee Events: New character releases
    - Legendary: Yoda, Emp, R2, BB8, Thrawn
    - Mythic: legendary rerun and bonus tiers
    - Ships: including Chimaera (or legendary?)
    - Heroic: the Ewok AT-ST Fight
    - Hero’s Journey: CLS and RJT

*Specials: like Chopper every day for a month, or the Jawa/Droid one a while back
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Don't forget the occasional Flash Events
  • Sat4ever wrote: »
    Thanks for this events!
    Im gonna try this one for sure! Just waiting for It to start! My resistance team is ready too!

You will be in for a surprise haha
  • Just need good RNG, lucked out on 1st attempt:
    CCi0nJF.jpg
    DbSiT9q.jpg
    5TNsowv.jpg
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP

They better have that snazzy red color like MTG

Looks like the fancy color was delivered upon!
    @CG_CapGaSP

Please give us a mythic Rancor, the poor heroic guy is having a hard time nowadays. Make it immune to TM manipulation and that would be fine.
  • Good job with the new mythic events. It’s challenging but doable. Very similar to the prelude to TW battles which I liked a lot for its challenge and rewards.
  • It would have been nice if tier 2 was more difficult - With the whole roster at our disposal there wasn’t much challenge to this.

At least some events should be ones that maxed out players can’t beat with auto and mythic seems like a good place for this.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP

Please give us a mythic Rancor, the poor heroic guy is having a hard time nowadays. Make it immune to TM manipulation and that would be fine.

Now THAT’S an idea!
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Great event! I appreciate how the three tiers have a lot of variety to keep this event from being a grab characters and sim type event.
  • I put BB8 zeta "Roll with the punches" and pray for RGN... BB8 counter attack and RT assist then all settle... I all trash mob G8 and R2 G12 Arena mod
  • Not sure which of the two trending threads is the "official" Mythic Event discussion so I'll quote myself here for completeness:
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I really liked this event and here's why:

It is challenging in a way that highlights the strengths of the Resistance synergies. Sure the loaded TM is a bit gimmicky. And the FO TM gains are unrealistic. But we already know that event characters and teams are tweaked. CG has said main characters, like Thrawn, in the legendary events start with reduced cooldowns. This isn't much different.

So you face a barrage at the outset and an enemy that gains TM very fast. Resistance is great at controlling a battle through TM manipulation. So if you survive the first 20 seconds you have to use the very thing the team is good at to succeed.

And what about that initial barrage? We'll, the event does suggest G11 toons. That seems to be focused on surviving until you can get a turn. If you can do that, which is possible with a little luck at G9 or G10, you can use the mechanic introduced by this event, BB-8's Illuminated Destiny, to rebuild protection and survivability.

It's been suggested that increasing tenacity on the FO team would have been a better way to make this event challenging and I disagree because without the exposes it's just a slug fest. Why even use Resistance at that point? It would be even more RNG dependant. Poe doesn't expose anyone on his first turn? Retreat.

For anyone looking for strategy ideas:
    I completed tier 3 with a very mediocre, mostly G9/G10, team on the 4th or 5th try.

G9 zFinn (L)
    G12 R2, 260 speed - use smoke screen ASAP to focus attacks on R2
    G10 Poe
    G10 Trooper
    G8 BB-8

R2 is there to take a beating until Poe can go. And his stun is incredibly helpful too. Between him and Finn you can potentially stun everyone. And finally, his AoE Improvise can load the team with TM in a hurry if two or three exposes are present. Other than that it's the typical Resistance strategy.

Thanks for reading!

• sho
    39 posts Member
    Such a great event with great prizes! Thx Devs!
    Enjoyed it while getting bb8 to 7* and now this Mythic is a blast! Much appriciated. :)